Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why do people keep adding me when they've lost?

9-10 times they do so just to rage at me, ffs I swear people playing this game are so childish and salty

I like it, it's like an icing on a cake, mmmm those salty tears...

15+ Year Old Account
    It kind of ruined making friends through Hearthstone for me. When the game first came out, I'd friend request and receive lots of requests after really hard fought games or ones with really crazy plays. I'd discuss strategy with them or why I chose certain cards for my deck. Then it turned and a lot of the people who friend requested me did it just to rage. I just don't accept HS friend requests anymore.

Deleted
    You gotta have a line of troll text ready which you can copy/paste as soon as the connection is made and then remove the person right away.

Sometimes I create my own little mini game where I try to reply to them as fast as possible with a proper response after they first insult me. They always immediatly remove me after insulting (yeah if that doesn't show cowardice then I don't know) without giving me the time to actually talk back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    It kind of ruined making friends through Hearthstone for me. When the game first came out, I'd friend request and receive lots of requests after really hard fought games or ones with really crazy plays. I'd discuss strategy with them or why I chose certain cards for my deck. Then it turned and a lot of the people who friend requested me did it just to rage. I just don't accept HS friend requests anymore.
    That's a real bummer. I've friended a few people after a fun match and have found most don't accept either. I've had 2 people I can remember that friended me just to rage but thats all. One person friended me after I lost to gloat and once he realized that I wasn't going to bite on the rage he actually was a nice guy that gave me some pointers on getting better.

A question to all: What ranks are you playing when you see these requests and rage? I generally play between 10 and 5 (well 6 as I just can't seem to make that hump to the next bracket) and I find these types of events to be extremely rare.

It happens cause this game is bullshit and allows players who make mistakes, don't think things through, make misplays and generally play badly, to still win. Additionally, it's always the aggro-face idiots who make the misplays, who lose points of dmg etc, who still get to win cause their deck is broken (pirate warrior-secret pally era).

When you have literally done EVERYTHING possible to play as best you can and you still lose to bullshit RNG from a bad player, yes, this frustration is justified. Make 1 or 2 mistakes in competitive Magic: The Gathering and you lose. Make a couple of mistakes in HS and it's no biggie. That's why this happens, I've had it done to me and I've done it to others.

At least when I do it, I just add them and laugh. No swearing, just 2-3 lines of "hahahahahhahah" Then I ask them how they feel when they had all of the RNG on their side. If they start trolling, I swear the hell out of them. If they're logical and reply with "Holy shit man yeah, my draws were nuts that game, there was rly nothing you could do" then we have proper discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    That's why this happens, I've had it done to me and I've done it to others.

At least when I do it, I just add them and laugh. No swearing, just 2-3 lines of "hahahahahhahah" Then I ask them how they feel when they had all of the RNG on their side. If they start trolling, I swear the hell out of them. If they're logical and reply with "Holy shit man yeah, my draws were nuts that game, there was rly nothing you could do" then we have proper discussions.
    So anytime you win, it's skillful and deliberate. Anytime you lose, your opponent had bullshit RNG you couldn't play around. You must be really good, man. Teach me how to have huge IQ like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronce View Post
    So anytime you win, it's skillful and deliberate. Anytime you lose, your opponent had bullshit RNG you couldn't play around. You must be really good, man. Teach me how to have huge IQ like you.
    Anytime brother! I've only been Legend 6 times (with 6 different decks across 3 archetypes mind you), I only have 10k wins ranked/casual and another 9k wins in arena. (ask me for a screenshot and you'll have it)

When it happens to me and someone adds me to rage, if I did win through pure RNG I will be the 1st to admit it. I will reply with something along the lines of "You're right man, that game was bullshit, I topdecked that fireball out of 18 cards, that's just over 5% chance. Sorry it had to happen to you, after enough games, it will average out."

But when I lose to someone who OBVIOUSLY played worse than me, and won cause of pure RNG or matchup, then yes, I will get pissed.

Fun fact: I'm from Greece right, and here in Greece we are HUGE on the Internet Cafe scene (much like the Asians). I shit you not, when someone doesn't know what to do in HS the 1st thing that they think of is "What would Dali do?". I have shared my knowledge of the game with over 30 people in the 5 or so years it's been around (my net cafe had like 20 beta keys, we've all been playing since Beta) and have coached 3 people to Legend as well. It is a widely accepted view among my fellow neighbourhood gamers that "For Dalinos to lose in HS, EVERYTHING has to go wrong".

Then again, I am 27 yrs old and have been playing card games since I was 6. Add some chess to the mix during my teenage years and a Master of Science in Economics (in terms of education) and yes, I can very confidently answer your question with "Yes, 80% of the times I win is cause I played well, 20% cause I topdecked, whereas 100% of my losses is chains upon chains of bullshit RNG from my opponent".

I hope I answered you fully, my tag is Dalinos#2418 - add me whenever you want for tips, advice, strategy or discussion of card-game theory in general.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2018-06-14 at 05:14 PM.

I always accept. Though most of them are just salty, a few people I've accepted were genuinely curious about my deck or the game in general, and I even got a few free "Challenge a Friend" quests out of it.

Art by draken4o

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens in League of Legends too, but usually from that shit talking team mate that said your/other players champ pick/role was dumb and it ended up carrying the game. I gave up trying to make friends in online games because of this shit.

Anytime brother! I've only been Legend 6 times (with 6 different decks across 3 archetypes mind you), I only have 10k wins ranked/casual and another 9k wins in arena. (ask me for a screenshot and you'll have it)

When it happens to me and someone adds me to rage, if I did win through pure RNG I will be the 1st to admit it. I will reply with something along the lines of "You're right man, that game was bullshit, I topdecked that fireball out of 18 cards, that's just over 5% chance. Sorry it had to happen to you, after enough games, it will average out."

But when I lose to someone who OBVIOUSLY played worse than me, and won cause of pure RNG or matchup, then yes, I will get pissed.

Fun fact: I'm from Greece right, and here in Greece we are HUGE on the Internet Cafe scene (much like the Asians). I shit you not, when someone doesn't know what to do in HS the 1st thing that they think of is "What would Dali do?". I have shared my knowledge of the game with over 30 people in the 5 or so years it's been around (my net cafe had like 20 beta keys, we've all been playing since Beta) and have coached 3 people to Legend as well. It is a widely accepted view among my fellow neighbourhood gamers that "For Dalinos to lose in HS, EVERYTHING has to go wrong".

Then again, I am 27 yrs old and have been playing card games since I was 6. Add some chess to the mix during my teenage years and a Master of Science in Economics (in terms of education) and yes, I can very confidently answer your question with "Yes, 80% of the times I win is cause I played well, 20% cause I topdecked, whereas 100% of my losses is chains upon chains of bullshit RNG from my opponent".

I hope I answered you fully, my tag is Dalinos#2418 - add me whenever you want for tips, advice, strategy or discussion of card-game theory in general.
    Greek with an advanced degree in a soft science that can't fix his country self-admittedly "swearing the hell" out of those who beat him in a game for children.

I'm so envious of gigantic EU brains.

Infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-06-14 at 05:47 PM.

Greek with an advanced degree in a soft science that can't fix his country self-admittedly "swearing the hell" out of those who beat him in a game for children.

I'm so envious of gigantic EU brains.
    Now you're just being a troll, I won't even begin to explain how 1 Economist can't fix the shit-hole called Greece (in terms of economy & government) cause it'll take us till this time next year to finish that discussion. You're obviously not here to discuss, so please take a hike.

I won't even begin to explain how 1 Economist can't fix the shit-hole called Greece
    The great Dali probably could.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklurker View Post
    I always accept. Though most of them are just salty, a few people I've accepted were genuinely curious about my deck or the game in general, and I even got a few free "Challenge a Friend" quests out of it.
    Yea, if I ever get a "challenge a friend" quest and I have no friends online I randomly add people I beat and if they accept I offer them the quest. I feel like it's a nice surprise for them.

The great Dali probably could.
    The Great Dali (has a nice ring to it, I've never heard this one) can do a lot of things my friend. Fixing up a country, alone, sadly ain't one of them.

The Great Dali (has a nice ring to it, I've never heard this one) can do a lot of things my friend. Fixing up a country, alone, sadly ain't one of them.
    ...or recognizing a lack of self-awareness.

...or recognizing a lack of self-awareness.
    Self-awareness about what? About the fact I rock at this game? I invited you to add me, what more do you want? Now please, stop trolling, you already got infracted once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people either want to have a go at you for pure luck or complain about the deck you are playing because its the current 'cancer' deck. In my experience most people are okay.

I read this thread this morning and went on my break at work and played a game of hearthstone Wild cubelock vs wild even shaman at rank 10. I played voidwalker on turn 4 with malganis, a voidlord and a cube in my hand, but no activators for my cube. My opponent devolves it and i get alarm o bot which he cant kill and it pulls out a voidlord and he concedes the next turn when I hellfired to clear his board. He added me and simply said 'my bad' and I replied with 'that was so funny I literally laughed out loud when you conceded'
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    9-10 times they do so just to rage at me, ffs I swear people playing this game are so childish and salty
    I never take friend request for this reason.