Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what if lfr was not cross server?

(Not for lfr but just wondering as everyone seems to cry about how it ruins the game cause xrealm)
    There is no what-if. It guts community because you can progress without taking part in the community. It damages the motivation of joining a guild, being a part of that guild, and achieving more than you could on your own. Vanilla was a period where you weren't the hero by default. You were just an average Joe trying to survive in a massive world filled with danger. We know that there will be no LFR on Classic because it detracts from the very soul of what Classic is.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

There will be changes,oh mark my fucking words.
    Its greedy activision were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    There is no what-if. It guts community because you can progress without taking part in the community. It damages the motivation of joining a guild, being a part of that guild, and achieving more than you could on your own. Vanilla was a period where you weren't the hero by default. You were just an average Joe trying to survive in a massive world filled with danger. We know that there will be no LFR on Classic because it detracts from the very soul of what Classic is.
    Thanks for A. Not reading what I said. B. Butting in instead of letting him respond. C. Making no sense... No one who wants lfr in vanilla wants it to be easy. Just a system that makes setting up the raids easier... Looking for group, not looking for raid, but whatever.D. yes there is "what its" that is how the world works. Get over yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    There will be changes,oh mark my fucking words.
    Its greedy activision were talking about.
    Bookmarking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That could mean a lot of things for different people.

Does Transmog affect the "core gameplay"? To some does to others not.
    Does LFR affect the "core gameplay"? By the many posts i see in LFR threads, it does not affect gameplay.
    LFR absolutely affects core gameplay, Loot alone would invalidate every single dungeon and later LFR's (AQ / Naxx) would invalidate all the previous raids (Non LFR included)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for A. Not reading what I said. B. Butting in instead of letting him respond. C. Making no sense... No one who wants lfr in vanilla wants it to be easy. Just a system that makes setting up the raids easier... Looking for group, not looking for raid, but whatever.D. yes there is "what its" that is how the world works. Get over yourself

- - - Updated - - -

If there is LFD or LFR it's not an authentic experience. It's training wheels and a Frankenstein. We know from the water cooler this is not happening.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2018-06-17 at 11:58 AM.

If there is LFD or LFR it's not an authentic experience. It's training wheels and a Frankenstein. We know from the water cooler this is not happening.
    Again can't read, and again you are literally spewing nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    LFR absolutely affects core gameplay, Loot alone would invalidate every single dungeon and later LFR's (AQ / Naxx) would invalidate all the previous raids (Non LFR included)
    I think he means leg not lfr. Lfg is what we have in legion the tab for finding groups.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That could mean a lot of things for different people.

Does Transmog affect the "core gameplay"? To some does to others not.
    Does LFR affect the "core gameplay"? By the many posts i see in LFR threads, it does not affect gameplay.
    Those features didn't exist in 1.12. Therefore, they will not exist in Remastered Classic. Plus, LFR is a raid difficulty. There were no raid difficulties in Classic.

Everything else said is just opinions.
    /spit@Blizzard

Still after transmog, achievements, and a collection system for our mounts, pets, etc.

Again can't read, and again you are literally spewing nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he means leg not lfr. Lfg is what we have in legion the tab for finding groups.
    Technically there is an LFG in vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    its not real classic unless everyone is playing on a CRT monitor with 5fps
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

the great thing about the upcoming Classic server is once its setup, its done as a project. They will put 1.12, turn on all features, raids, etc. up to and including 1.12 and hence forward only need to have tickets support for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deragot7 View Post
    Actually it is exactly what it says.Blizzard are trying to transfer everything which was originally in the original database.They WILL NOT create something which was not there.YOu lack reading comprehension.

I don't understand why people keep wanting stuff which have never been in the original files like LFR,LFD,Transmog and achievements.Blizzard stated they are just transfering stuff and nothing else.
    And i hope you are right

Baseless... The entire point of asking for a Pre-BC server was to play the game in a state prior to the over convenience and handouts. When time and effort were the only ways to see the content. A time where visual identification told us who you were and what you accomplished as a player. You don't want those things you want modern WoW with a level 60 cap, bring the player not the class homogenization, "viability", convenience, "quality of life". You're not part of the Vanilla community because you basically piss on the memory of everything Vanilla was. You see a shiny new toy and because you're bored you want them to rebuild the mold to make it fit you.
    Aah now I want the game to change. Please quote me where I said that. Guess what? I didn't. I am in the camp of no changes.i just don't resort to pathetic insults like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aah now I want the game to change. Please quote me where I said that. Guess what? I didn't. I am in the camp of no changes.i just don't resort to pathetic insults like you.
    It's not pathetic it's honest. Stop defending schmucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best news. All those mouth-breathers demanding a Frankenserver will hopefully go away.
    By bringing up Frankenstein servers, you are almost certainly referring to me.

because anyone who expects a different outcome from you is stupid?

(or anyone who gets suspicious when blizzard starts using catch phrases like 'classic game experience' at the same time they ask about class balancing is stupid?)

More seriously, this blue post was much more focused on updating their development process than anything.

It states openly that later qol stuff will not be implemented (last section)

It does not get into the entire 'class balance' question blue themselves brought up, which leaves the reader to conclude they won't. I remain skeptical, though this could include minor tweaks rather than wholesale mutation. I find it hard to believe blizz will leave cheap shot/kidney shot on diff D/R's, for example, and it isn't rocket science to expect minor tweaks to let paladins, druids, and maybe even shaman's tank a bit more effectively into raid content.

it confirms what so many have postulated - it will be rebuilt on modern engine. the process which they describe isn't what I expected. does it make sense (asking programmers, not the general public). saying certain features wont be there because not in 1.12 code seems disingenuous. it may not be turned on but isn't it part of the engine, which they could enable/disable with relative ease if they so desire to set it up?

One of the central tuning concepts - general player power vs mob power in leveling and instances (which goes directly to pacing) isn't addressed and is the simplest stealth nerf to implement. Call me cynical.

Overall and interesting update which doesn't say a lot but is certainly more than we had to date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Personally it's disappointing to me that they're going with 1.12.

Molten Core/Blackwing Lair/Ahn'qiraj will all be fairly silly with 16 debuffs and Naxxramas class redesigns. Like ridiculously fast kills.

Much of the early gearing process will be irrelevant as well, which will also mean rapid gearing and destruction of the most of the game's raid content.

Also, no opening of Ahn'qiraj

they did not get into tuning minutae but I find the entire raid tuning issue to be an area to watch. early raids will be too easy vs 1.12 version, and later raids are being downed quickly in p/s environment as well - not sure how accurately those fights are scripted, of course.

having a single raid difficulty which is pretty quickly downed by active raiders is a problem. single difficulty needs to be a substantial challenge for all but cutting edge players.

If I were them, i would tune them functionally 'hard' (unpuggable for the most part) and set it up on the code side to enable difficulties later on.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-06-17 at 02:11 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way they change classes. The massive changes to make Paladin tanking viable would include the mana from being healed mechanic(added in BC), spell power and tanking stats itemization added to tier gear or separate tier gear as BC had, and even then Paladins were primarily AoE tanks in BC and were never really MT worthy in progression content. It took them until Wrath and later to get them in a good spot. So let us go ahead and assume they do this giving you the benefit of the doubt. Now you've basically turned the Vanilla Paladin into a BC Paladin tank and the Horde have no access to a secondary tank or if you buff the druids too(Dodgewall incoming) they are still short a third tank. Alliance players will have an outright advantage in groups, leveling, raiding, etc. Then you've got the lesser DPS specs of the hybrids demanding parity.

It's just not worth the headache when the live game is already there with all those options, further it completely guts the spirit of Pre-BC and drastically alters the gameplay as they have stated outright they wont do.

Deleted
    Baseless... The entire point of asking for a Pre-BC server was to play the game in a state prior to the over convenience and handouts. When time and effort were the only ways to see the content. A time where visual identification told us who you were and what you accomplished as a player. You don't want those things you want modern WoW with a level 60 cap, bring the player not the class homogenization, "viability", convenience, "quality of life". You're not part of the Vanilla community because you basically piss on the memory of everything Vanilla was. You see a shiny new toy and because you're bored you want them to rebuild the mold to make it fit you.
    I don't spend enough time on the forums but I'm glad I'm not the only that can see what they're up to, they aren't even subtle about it, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    I wrote ofc it will be the 1.12 xp. because ffs everybody who plays classic p servers nowadays only experience 1.12.
    blizz is lazy and YES BLIZZ STOLE ALOT OF STUFF. no game after 2000 of them is their "original" idea.
    Blizzard is not lazy, but some players are unreasonable motherfucking cunts. The idea is not to recreate the whole fucking period 2004-2006 exactly as it was, the idea is to recreate the classic game experience. For that you don't need some FUCKING RETARDED patch progression through all the FUCKING TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY cause by STUPID FUCKING BUGS and HORRIBLE TALENTS. Of course they would set on 1.12, because THEY ARE NOT INSANE.

As for originality, please go play only original games, see how that works. Listen only to original music. Then watch only original movies. You'll find yourself jerking off in front of a white wall...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Blizzard is not lazy, but some players are unreasonable motherfucking cunts. The idea is not to recreate the whole fucking period 2004-2006 exactly as it was, the idea is to recreate the classic game experience. For that you don't need some FUCKING RETARDED patch progression through all the FUCKING TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY cause by STUPID FUCKING BUGS and HORRIBLE TALENTS. Of course they would set on 1.12, because THEY ARE NOT INSANE.

As for originality, please go play only original games, see how that works. Listen only to original music. Then watch only original movies. You'll find yourself jerking off in front of a white wall...
    A lot of people treat Classic as a one time journey in which case patch progression could make sense.

What's better to do is treat it as a permanent thing. Someone picking it up 10 years from now needs to get the same experience as those that played at launch. This means a singular version made to stand the test of time.

If I want to reroll on a new server a few years from now I don't want a lesser experience just because the game was supposed to be played from november 2019 to january 2022 for example and the game is now in a constant broken 1.12 state.

what if lfr was not cross server?

(Not for lfr but just wondering as everyone seems to cry about how it ruins the game cause xrealm)
    I'm still against it. When you were creating groups for even pick up/alt raids, they have been organized by guilds or individuals with reputation.
    If a player had a bad reputation or Raid Leader then these would not end up being in the group or being finalized (because RL was known ninja for example).

In LFR you end up with random people with someone having to be THE LEADER etc. to make it work (often such groups failed).

Everything was community (server reputation) based. It was awesome and it gave that extra feeling of lack of anonymity and bonding with other players.
    When you were unknown and given a shot, you were being looked at and made a rep for yourself. You were not only working on your gear but on reputation as well.
    From such Community based raids there have been some guilds and bonds with people made.

When we ran Alt raids and needed randoms we had some "friendly" people who were unlucky with gear and we would invite them, or even cycle out (ourselves) later for them to just give them spot for a boss so they would get the chance for gear. We did that for good and skilled players, who not always had the gear.
    At times (had them on flist) we would even whisper them if they want to join a boss or something as we are on it but it would result in them being locked and doing just that one boss.

Perkunas did add few valid points actually as well to this.

I hope these do make valid points for you why I'm such a 'no-no' for LFR (even without xrealm) and xrealm in gendral.

ps. I still keep in touch with quite a few people from Vanilla/TBC times and attended quite a few guild parties as well.