Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Fortnite on PS4 does not require a PS+ subscription. F2P game is actually F2P, go figure.

Can't say the same about it on Xbox One unfortunately, that does require a XBL sub.

Jury is out on if the Nintendo Online will wall it when that launches in Sep.

Just so we have all facts in order, I'm sure this post is gonna get Z man riled up in which he will make a post calling me by name 20x and saying nothing.
    At this point honestly it would be stupid of Nintendo to not lock Fortnite behind there sub wall (Not that I am ok with that). The Switch is the best way to play it mobile and its popular as hell.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Moneyzzzz. If they all move to switch they won't need a 15 buck ps plus account anymore to use their own internet lol.
    F2P games on PS4 do not require PS Plus.

Nor does FF14 as it already has a sub and Square were adamant about it not having one as part of the deal of it coming to PS3/PS4.

Only games that require it are B2P ones such as The Division, Destiny, ESO, F1 2017 and all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yep, times never change. You have no debate as always, you say my name 10x a post and accomplish nothing by doing so. I'm sorry you get so offended by facts being pointed out. Did you provide evidence for the 2 issues being related? Nope. Did you provide evidence of crossplay being a bigger deal then account locks? Nope. Guess we're done here then, because you can't prove any of my points wrong and are just trying to reply to me for the sake of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fortnite on PS4 does not require a PS+ subscription. F2P game is actually F2P, go figure.

Can't say the same about it on Xbox One unfortunately, that does require a XBL sub.

Jury is out on if the Nintendo Online will wall it when that launches in Sep.

Just so we have all facts in order, I'm sure this post is gonna get Z man riled up in which he will make a post calling me by name 20x and saying nothing.
    Sorry, bud. You don't get to come into a thread and try to hi-jack and derail it because you don't agree with what's being discussed. That's not how life works. Both topics are being discussed because they both have to do with Sony and Fortnite (and because both have been talked about together plenty over the past 1-2 weeks in the gaming world at large...not my fault or problem that you just now seem to be joining the party). End of story. You don't get to dictate whether that's relevant or not based on your own personal opinions and nothing more. If that's not enough relevance for you, then too fucking bad. Go get your sensibilities offended somewhere else.

And I don't have anything to debate? That's fucking rich coming from the person who decided to join the thread and then proceed to act like the entire thing is pointless/irrelevant because you don't personally agree with what is being discussed or how it's being discussed. You couldn't have come into the thread with a weaker leg to stand on if you tried. You've brought nothing to the table thus far, other than your usual attempts to bash/troll/derail, otherwise there might have been something to discuss with you. People have been discussing all of this just fine for 15 pages, so you seem to be the odd man out here.

Now, if you don't want to actually join the conversation, you can kindly leave. We don't need you trashing yet another thread because you can't stand to see the almighty Sony talked bad about. Broken record as always with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually ya it does.
    Ironic that you've been discussing it with zero issues thus far and never once brought that up until a certain someone else said it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Moneyzzzz.
    Sadly, this is what it's ultimately about. Greedy Sony is greedy. Go figure.

Yes, they're a business. Their main goal is to make as much money as possible. But it still doesn't excuse the shitty practices or their weak to nonexistent excuses for trying to justify it.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Sadly, this is what it's ultimately about. Greedy Sony is greedy. Go figure.
    And the other two company's are not?

News Flash all profit company's are greedy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

And the other two company's are not?

News Flash all profit company's are greedy.
    Also, the sky is blue. More news at 11!

We all know all for-profit companies are greedy. Still doesn't excuse them when they make shitty decisions. It's also not an excuse you or anyone else should be bringing up when ultimately, consumers are getting screwed over to some degree when said companies make shitty decisions.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 09:31 AM.

Also, the sky is blue. More news at 11!

We all know all for-profit companies are greedy. Still doesn't excuse them when they make shitty decisions. It's also not an excuse you or anyone else should be bringing up when ultimately, consumers are getting screwed over to some degree when said companies make shitty decisions.
    Last checked I said it was shitty and wasn't making a excuse for them. Ya its shitty, Its not the end of the world and far from one of the worse choices made. We don't know why the system is the way that it is, All we know is that its shitty.

People seem to think only Sony is at fault when it takes two to tango and Epic is at just as much fault.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-06-23 at 09:43 AM.

People seem to think only Sony is at fault when it takes two to tango and Epic is at just as much fault.
    We all know that Epic is guilty as well. But you'd have to be very naive to think that Sony isn't the ultimate party at fault here. They were the ones that dictated to Epic what they required of them in order to put Fortnite on the PS platform. And of course Epic isn't going to say no to the terms considering the PS4 is the best selling console this gen. I'm sure there were probably some briefcases of money involved that got Epic more than willing to jump on board with the locked accounts and crossplay shenanigans as well as the advertising/promotional stuff with PS. Greed is greed.....for both companies. Still doesn't excuse the shitty decisions.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 09:55 AM.

We all know that Epic is guilty as well. But you'd have to be very naive to think that Sony isn't the ultimate party at fault here. They were the ones that dictated to Epic what they required of them in order to put Fortnite on the PS platform. And of course Epic isn't going to say no to the terms considering the PS4 is the best selling console this gen. I'm sure there were probably some briefcases of money involved that got Epic more than willing to jump on board with the locked accounts and crossplay shenanigans as well as the advertising/promotional stuff with PS. Greed is greed.....for both companies. Still doesn't excuse the shitty decisions.
    There is a lot of assuming there.

The things we know is that this sucks, We don't know the fine details on why it is the way it is. Ya the progression should go cross-platform but it doesn't. Who knows if this will change or not. Ether it won't change and people will make their account off PS4 their main account or they just won't give a fuck.

For me personally I don't play Fortnite enough to give a fuck.

You're referring to Minecraft. We're talking about Fortnite in this thread. Link me the source for where Sony has to have XBL on PS in order to do crossplay with Fortnite. I'll wait.
    I don't get what you're trying to prove here.

If Microsoft screwed Sony over as recently as Minecraft by refusing to work with them, is it really a shock that they would do the same back?
    It's not like this isn't done in other businesses, like Google pulling Youtube from the Amazon Fire Stick and Amazon not letting you cast Amazon Videos to the Chromecast.

But if you're so against this behavior as you say you are, then why are you handwaving away every situation that doesn't involve Sony?

This would be good and all if it wasn't for the fact though that Fortnite also is pretty much the most popular game of the generation at the moment.

Pretty sure they had far more muscle in that contract than you realize.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am now in the "its been a week and dont care anymore, next" phase.

There is a lot of assuming there.

The things we know is that this sucks, We don't know the fine details on why it is the way it is. Ya the progression should go cross-platform but it doesn't. Who knows if this will change or not. Ether it won't change and people will make their account off PS4 their main account or they just won't give a fuck.

For me personally I don't play Fortnite enough to give a fuck.
    I don’t play Fortnite either and especially not on the PS4. But the whole situation/debacle is still stupid/shitty enough for me to sit up and take notice. If Sony continues the trend, it will eventually become a much bigger issue than what it is now.

Just because you don’t play a game doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give a fuck. When a company is being this anti-consumer, especially a company that you have a lot of money invested into their ecosystem, it should worry you to some degree regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't get what you're trying to prove here.

If Microsoft screwed Sony over as recently as Minecraft by refusing to work with them, is it really a shock that they would do the same back?
    It's not like this isn't done in other businesses, like Google pulling Youtube from the Amazon Fire Stick and Amazon not letting you cast Amazon Videos to the Chromecast.

But if you're so against this behavior as you say you are, then why are you handwaving away every situation that doesn't involve Sony?

This would be good and all if it wasn't for the fact though that Fortnite also is pretty much the most popular game of the generation at the moment.

Pretty sure they had far more muscle in that contract than you realize.
    If we went by that logic, then the industry would never move forward. And obviously both Nintendo and MS are willing to play ball because they’re doing all of this with each other and Sony is still sitting it out. The deal couldn’t have been that bad anyway because Nintendo was more than willing to do it for Minecraft. It’s just Sony be greedy at this point and nothing more.

Continuing to point at past examples and acting like that justifies current anti-consumer decisions is a terrible way to look at it and extremely stupid on the part of consumers themselves. It’s not even a good excuse/reason. Why people are using it to defend bad decisions on Sony’s part in all of this boggles my mind. It’s like consumers are saying “well, it’s ok for Sony to make these decisions that might negatively affect me because they have every right to say ‘fuck you’ to MS”. /facepalm

And it doesn’t matter how much muscle Epic had in it. They’re still probably gonna cave to pretty much anything Sony asks/demands when they have the console with the highest market share. It’s to big of an opportunity for Epic to turn down regardless of how you look at it. From a business perspective, Epic is probably gonna lick Sony’s boot any chance they get.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 04:33 PM.

If we went by that logic, then the industry would never move forward. And obviously both Nintendo and MS are willing to play ball because they’re doing all of this with each other and Sony is still sitting it out. The deal couldn’t have been that bad anyway because Nintendo was more than willing to do it for Minecraft. It’s just Sony be greedy at this point and nothing more.

Continuing to point at past examples and acting like that justifies current anti-consumer decisions is a terrible way to look at it and extremely stupid on the part of consumers themselves. It’s not even a good excuse/reason. Why people are using it to defend bad decisions on Sony’s part in all of this boggles my mind. It’s like consumers are saying “well, it’s ok for Sony to make these decisions that might negatively affect me because they have every right to say ‘fuck you’ to MS”. /facepalm

And it doesn’t matter how much muscle Epic had in it. They’re still probably gonna cave to pretty much anything Sony asks/demands when they have the console with the highest market share. It’s to big of an opportunity for Epic to turn down regardless of how you look at it. From a business perspective, Epic is probably gonna lick Sony’s boot any chance they get.
    It's not a matter of "defending Sony".

It's a matter of "Microsoft did do it when it was convenient for them too".
    You can't expect Sony to be the "bigger company" here. And it's not like Sony isn't doing cross play at all, they still are with the PC.

I mean, I've been following the whole thread, I don't see anyone arguing that Sony is doing a great thing here, just that it isn't surprising. Yet for some reason people against it keep claiming Sony is "being defended".

It's not a matter of "defending Sony".

It's a matter of "Microsoft did do it when it was convenient for them too".
    You can't expect Sony to be the "bigger company" here. And it's not like Sony isn't doing cross play at all, they still are with the PC.

I mean, I've been following the whole thread, I don't see anyone arguing that Sony is doing a great thing here, just that it isn't surprising. Yet for some reason people against it keep claiming Sony is "being defended".
    It's a tired excuse that honestly has no place coming out of the mouths of any consumer. It was shitty when MS did it and it's shitty now that Sony is doing it. Period. Continue to bring up the dead horse excuse of "MS did it first" isn't helping anyone or anything at this point.

The only thing that should matter to any of us is that Sony is now refusing to play ball in the interest of consumers when both of the other big two are actively doing it already. Looking at it any other way is shooting yourself in the foot as a consumer. Period.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 05:08 PM.

It's a tired excuse that honestly has no place coming out of the mouths of any consumer. It was shitty when MS did it and it's shitty now that Sony is doing it. Period. Continue to bring up the dead horse excuse of "MS did it first" isn't helping anyone or anything at this point.

The only thing that should matter to any of us is that Sony is now refusing to play ball in the interest of consumers when both of the other big two are actively doing it already. Looking at it any other way is shooting yourself in the foot as a consumer. Period.
    It's not a dead horse excuse.
    It's a point.

Microsoft also has some blame here for not working together in the first place.

It's not a dead horse excuse.
    It's a point.

Microsoft also has some blame here for not working together in the first place.
    You're on repeat here. It's an excuse, not a point. And one you shouldn't be making in favor of Sony (or any company for that matter) as a consumer.

I mean, if you want to shill Sony, that's your prerogative. But quit acting like that excuse is a good reason for a company to continue making anti-consumer decisions. Walking around and saying "but they did it first!" is such a weak ass excuse and something that belongs in a kindergarten setting.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 05:32 PM.

You're on repeat here. It's an excuse, not a point. And one you shouldn't be making in favor of Sony (or any company for that matter) as a consumer.

I mean, if you want to shill Sony, that's your prerogative. But quit acting like that excuse it a good reason for a company to continue making anti-consumer decisions. Walking around and saying "but they did it first!" is such a weak ass excuse and something that belongs in a kindergarten setting.
    So we're back to exactly what I pointed out in the first place.

You seem to be unable to accept people recognizing that this isn't just an issue unique to Sony, and instead of targeting all companies, you insist on harping on Sony.

It seems less like "I'm here to point out the bad companies" and more "I just really hate Sony look at what they did".

So we're back to exactly what I pointed out in the first place.

You seem to be unable to accept people recognizing that this isn't just an issue unique to Sony, and instead of targeting all companies, you insist on harping on Sony.

It seems less like "I'm here to point out the bad companies" and more "I just really hate Sony look at what they did".
    No, it's shitty when any company does it, period. Which I've pointed out multiple times in this thread (can you read!?). But seeing how this thread is about Sony/Fortnite specifically, then yeah, that particular point in regards to them is going to be brought up A LOT. Herpa derp....who would have thought that the thing the thread is about is what keeps being discussed!?

And it doesn't matter WHICH COMPANY you're referring to, it's SHITTY no matter what when they do this. It just so happens that Sony is the one currently doing it when MS and Nintendo are both playing ball. Continuing to bring up the idiotic excuse of "someone else did it first!" like that as some sort of defense or justification is beyond retarded. Why you continue doing this boggles my mind and the only REAL reason for doing it is to either defend Sony or take a jab at MS. Because beyond those two reasons, there's zero reason why you as a consumer should even be bringing it up, let alone trying to use it to justify Sony's anti-consumer decisions.

But we get it, Joe. You hate MS. It's very apparent in your weak reasoning/excuses you keep throwing out in an attempt to defend Sony on all of this. It amazes me how consumers will directly or indirectly defend decisions that are ultimately bad for them because they simply hate another competing company more. It's very evident in this thread by all the people who keep saying "MS did it first!" or "I don't give a fuck because I don't play Fortnite." Well congratulations on helping reaffirm Sony in their shitty decision making.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 05:46 PM.

Joe a Sony shill?

What the actual hell?

Is that what this argument has come down to, you have none so you call anyone a shill?

Let's talk about the actual shilling going on here, if you just want to point out anti consumer practices then surely you would have made a thread about how F2P games require an XBL sub to play on XBO? Nope never did? So you just want to make threads to point out companies being anti consumer when it's Sony. Yea, sorry but I'm pretty sure you're far closer to being a MS shill then Joe is to being a Sony shill.

15+ Year Old Account

I mean, if you want to shill Sony, that's your prerogative. But quit acting like that excuse is a good reason for a company to continue making anti-consumer decisions. Walking around and saying "but they did it first!" is such a weak ass excuse and something that belongs in a kindergarten setting.
    Saying sony is wrong is the opposite of shilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Saying sony is wrong is the opposite of shilling.
    That's the best part, no one has directly defended Sony in this thread.

However if you don't hail MS as the one true holy spirit who is innocent and only wants whats best for gamers you're "Sony Defender" or "Sony Shill". The argument is hilarious.