Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    But that would just mean that raid Azerite armor would become "must have" for everyone (just like certain legendaries have been in Legion).
    It's all a bit of a shitshow tbh, I don't really know how they would be able to save it at this point, other than scrapping the system, delaying the release and going back to drawing board.

Blizzard of old might have done just that, but this team *knows* they're right, so they'll live happily ever after with their big egos, regardless.
    well by raid traits I mean more the "High ilvl" traits sicne that's what they're tied to afaik
    not "raids only"
    m+ too

Deleted
    Classes just need to go back a few expansions. After an update ruined my PTR access I moved to a private server that operates on 5.4.8

And guess what? I'm having more fun than I had on retail.

Sorry, but you are NOT permitted to criticise BfA or the company responsible for its creation. Have a pleasant day and I hope there are no more transgressions on your part in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It seems like everyone's concern and why people are not going to buy BfA or drop it fast is because of class design, the game came to be a HoTS/Diablo type clone in term of class design, where you spam 4 spells and these spells are realy boring. The fact that class design/balance has been objectively shit for 3 exp says something. Why can't we just get back to BC/WoTLK level skills?
    I said this before....

BfA is the Crystalsong Forest of class design.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    I said this before....

Ouch...Thats gonna lave a mark
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

There must be something on the radar when so mamy people see the pararell between legion/bfa class design and mobas/diablo. Not saying that "everyone need the best possibile solution to every situation", merely that playing one trick pony isn't all that fun. Situational abilities are fun, situational talents are not.

I said this before....

But it's beautiful! Hollow but beautiful!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I just want something like a MoP or cata for a class design.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, most classes / specs are fine in the BFA beta. There is some polishing that needs to be done yes, but that's always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Removing 4 major features of class design (t-set bonuses, artifact skills, artifact traits and legendaries) and giving us just one (Azerite) in exchange plus nothing new for classes/specs (no new talent row, no new class-specific features) at all in BfA doesn't worry you?
    many artifact skills and traits were baked into the talent tree or made baseline. I know for my spec a t-set bonus is now a talent, a lego effect is now a talent, my artifact skill is now a talent. The talents that these replaced were either rolled into other talents or baked into baseline abilities.

overall I think legion did a good job on class design and I think just doing a revamp in bfa is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by elynos View Post
    many artifact skills and traits were baked into the talent tree or made baseline. I know for my spec a t-set bonus is now a talent, a lego effect is now a talent, my artifact skill is now a talent. The talents that these replaced were either rolled into other talents or baked into baseline abilities.

overall I think legion did a good job on class design and I think just doing a revamp in bfa is a good idea.
    Most specs did not have artifact skills and talents baked in which is why people are calling BFA rushed/unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Most specs did not have artifact skills and talents baked in which is why people are calling BFA rushed/unfinished.
    examples please

5+ Year Old Account
    I can only speak for ele shaman and even then its early days but it feels fine to me. They've dropped off some of the stuff from legion but it hasn't hurt the feel of being ele, if anything it feels a lot more fluid. I've been playing a shaman for a really long time now and if you look at how up and down up and down elemental has been its in a really solid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    At this point i've tested mage, feral, survival and shadow/disc and i don't find them boring or shitty
    They're doing nothing to address Shadow in m+. In fact they nerfed them in m+ with Mind Bomb no longer being a stun.

examples please
    Rogues is a good example as none of the active artifact talents were baked in. Kingsbane, Curse of the Dreadblade and Goremaw bite are all gone and pruned away. Also, the artifact talent for Sub that prevents fall damage is gone. Cloak heal for Outlaw is gone and the damage reduction from Recuperate is gone for Assassination. Legion artifact energy talents for Outlaw and Sub are all gone and pruned away.

The only things baked in from a Rogue point of view was the one legendary Master Assassin and the Outlaw artifact trait Loaded Dice. Everything else including other legendaries and artifacts talents are all gone and pruned away.

People thought Legion class design was bad, and BFA seems to be doubling down to be worse. So yes, BFA class design is bad; anyone that thinks otherwise is completely delusional. I struggled to find any class 'enjoyable' and went the expansion going 'maybe if I get x and y legendary with good trinkets and tier set it'll feel better' only to be let down time and time again. People have been begging to get back tons of abilities Blizzard removed since the pruning, and for BFA what we got is losing even more of our abilities. Pre-patch removes artifact stuff, you'll see how many people get angry about that alone and how much it changes their class to being even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Rogues is a good example as none of the active artifact talents were baked in. Kingsbane, Curse of the Dreadblade and Goremaw bite are all gone and pruned away. Also, the artifact talent for Sub that prevents fall damage is gone. Cloak heal for Outlaw is gone and the damage reduction from Recuperate is gone for Assassination. Legion artifact energy talents for Outlaw and Sub are all gone and pruned away.

The only things baked in from a Rogue point of view was the one legendary Master Assassin and the Outlaw artifact trait Loaded Dice. Everything else including other legendaries and artifacts talents are all gone and pruned away.
    But does the spec work? Everyone i've heard from says that rogue feels great to play and are doing heaps of damage.

But does the spec work? Everyone i've heard from says that rogue feels great to play and are doing heaps of damage.
    Only Assassination is fun in BFA IMO. The specs don't work if they are not fun in my opinion which is what is wrong with Outlaw and Sub. Same thing happened in Legion where Sub and Outlaw worked but were not fun and had to be reworked mid expansion. Sub received the larger rework with talents and shadow dance while Outlaw had combat potency reworked.

Damage tuning hasn't started yet so a lot of that can change.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well said, sir/ma'am. You are almost a poet

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well said, sir/ma'am. You are almost a poet
    well said how? Crystalsong had almost no content, bfa has tons of content.