Deleted

BFA Enh shaman suggestions

Hello guys, posted some suggestions in the eu forums and thought i some feedback from MMO would not hurt.
    I am losing hope for BFA enh shaman. While they started the Alpha very well, changes from there on out were as bad as it could get. At the moment i am afraid that with things going that way, it would be better to main another class, unless some good changes would be made.

But to not make it too long my suggestions are those:

Storm Strike: Change it back to nature damage, it feels back to have our main damage tool to not scale off mastery.
    Further explanation: I understand that with our new mastery from legion if Storm Strike deals nature damage it double dips from mastery and that is the main reason it was changed, but i feel that another way would be best.

Mastery: Remove the part of increasing WF and Stormbringer procs. I understand that those procs were put in place to make Storm Strike scale better, but at the rate they scale the increased chance from mastery hardly matters. What i suggest is remove that part and have our mastery only increase nature damage, while having a fixed WF and Stormbringer proc rate.

I feel that increased resources gain and rotation speed (through procs) it something that haste should be, and having 2 stats do that is overkill.

Rockbiter: I agree with the argument that having our mastery increase all our damage is not good design, so i feel that changing Rockbiter to deal physical damage is better. In contrast to Storm Strike, Rockbiter is a filler that is used to generate resources, so i do not feel having it scale with mastery is needed. With that change, we keep a % of our damage physical.

Elemental Spirits: I think that reducing the power of the lightning wolf to make it better balanced vs the fire wolf and changing the frost one would be best, but i have no good suggestion for the frost one.

I feel that those changes could help the spec be a bit less depedant in gear (the rotation could be balanced without factoring mastery), and feel more rewarding/not needing SS buffs every patch to fix scaling issues.

Feel free to give feedback in the thread, and the link on the original forum post is: eu.battle(dot)net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620311892
    Anyone is free ofc if he agrees with the feedback to also post it in the na forums.

I'd like to cross post this on the American BFA beta forums too with your permission. I feel like that forum gets way more attention from the devs than the EU forums.

Deleted
    Ofc feel free, no need to ask permission, as long as there is a chance something changes for the better next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scargath View Post
    Hello guys, posted some suggestions in the eu forums and thought i some feedback from MMO would not hurt.
    I am losing hope for BFA enh shaman. While they started the Alpha very well, changes from there on out were as bad as it could get. At the moment i am afraid that with things going that way, it would be better to main another class, unless some good changes would be made.

But to not make it too long my suggestions are those:

Storm Strike: Change it back to nature damage, it feels back to have our main damage tool to not scale off mastery.
    Further explanation: I understand that with our new mastery from legion if Storm Strike deals nature damage it double dips from mastery and that is the main reason it was changed, but i feel that another way would be best.

Mastery: Remove the part of increasing WF and Stormbringer procs. I understand that those procs were put in place to make Storm Strike scale better, but at the rate they scale the increased chance from mastery hardly matters. What i suggest is remove that part and have our mastery only increase nature damage, while having a fixed WF and Stormbringer proc rate.

I feel that increased resources gain and rotation speed (through procs) it something that haste should be, and having 2 stats do that is overkill.

Rockbiter: I agree with the argument that having our mastery increase all our damage is not good design, so i feel that changing Rockbiter to deal physical damage is better. In contrast to Storm Strike, Rockbiter is a filler that is used to generate resources, so i do not feel having it scale with mastery is needed. With that change, we keep a % of our damage physical.

Elemental Spirits: I think that reducing the power of the lightning wolf to make it better balanced vs the fire wolf and changing the frost one would be best, but i have no good suggestion for the frost one.

I feel that those changes could help the spec be a bit less depedant in gear (the rotation could be balanced without factoring mastery), and feel more rewarding/not needing SS buffs every patch to fix scaling issues.

Feel free to give feedback in the thread, and the link on the original forum post is: eu.battle(dot)net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620311892
    Anyone is free ofc if he agrees with the feedback to also post it in the na forums.
    one suggestion I thought of is what if when wolves were out it changed the damage out or storm strike did. for example I've wolf and fire wolf makes fire and ice damage (as this is a dual world attack) this would then scale with mastery but also be limited by the CD of wolves. no idea of this sort of thing would even work but it's all shaman by drawing on the elements etc.