Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So I saw this video on youtube about a bunch of vegans protesting the eating of animals because the animals don't want to die. But as soon as the reporter asked them their stance on abortions they said they didn't want to comment. I find it hypocritical myself. What do you guys think?

Again with Christian Sharia laws.

We're not interested in your cult loser.

PS: Also Vegan != Christian Zealots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Crica View Post
    Switch kidney with ANY OTHER ORGAN they would die without the use of, like a non-viable fetus would die without the use of a woman's womb.
    Well, considering it is one life for the other on the donors debate.
    And all this talk of hypocrisy.

It means the only time you see gettig an abortion is when it WOULD, kill the mother?

Because if not your entire premise is flawed, many abortions happen when neither life is in jeopardy, just like many organ donations happen when neither life is in jeopardy.

You cant have one be guaranteed death unless the other is as well. Otherwise you have absolutely no arguement
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    It's quite simple really, eating meat isn't murder. Abortion is.
    It's only simple if everyone agrees with your definition of human life and your definition of the value of an animal's life. Obviously not everyone agrees with you, hence it is not as simple as you would like to believe.

I do understand the difference, this is just what happens when I have to respond to staw-mans that made fuck all sense to begin with

- - - Updated - - -

So it's not alive then? It's like a frisbee?

- - - Updated - - -

Upsetting the left-wing hivemind on MMOchamp is like poking a hornet's nest whilst in an impenetrable suit of armor, sure, they get mad and just keep coming for you, but at the end of the day they don't do any real damage and just buzz angrily
    You don't ever bother to engage a single argument made against you. You just write them all off as angry and emotional. It's easy to declare victory when you never actually join the fight.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    But when you're talking about a group of people that thinks eating eggs is cruelty to animals, how is that not cognitive dissonance?
    Because they choose not to eat animals, YOU choose to control every women reproductive system.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    So because some animals die in the growing and harvesting of crops, that suddenly makes it justifiable to kill billions of others? Cars kill a rough estimate of 40,000 people per year, does that make murder justifiable?

Yep, and you know a major source of the Earth's oxygen? The Amazon Rainforest, which is responsible for producing 20% of the Earth's oxygen. Nearly 70% of the land burned and cleared in the Amazon goes into land for cattle grazing and most of the remaining land is used to grow crops to feed livestock.

By eating meat i am helping the world have more oxygen, less co2, and purer water.
    No, you eating meat is causing less oxygen - that's literally what that graph says. People want meat = let's cut down more trees = less oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    Well, considering it is one life for the other on the donors debate.
    And all this talk of hypocrisy.

It means the only time you see gettig an abortion is when it WOULD, kill the mother?

Because if not your entire premise is flawed, many abortions happen when neither life is in jeopardy, just like many organ donations happen when neither life is in jeopardy.

You cant have one be guaranteed death unless the other is as well. Otherwise you have absolutely no arguement
    That isn't one life for another. There are a TON of things you can donate that save lives but only cost you time and pain, such as bone marrow or even pieces of your liver.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Maybe you should realise that ALL production is damaging. And maybe it's a good idea to realise that everyone eating vegan requires far more resources than today. Only an idiot just cares about studies on one side without full comparation of both. A lot of laypeople having a lot of opinions without evidence.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/97/3/569/4571517
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...91712520130208
    https://www.elementascience.org/arti...ementa.000116/

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    PS: Also Vegan != Christian Zealots.
    What's the difference between a Christian and a vegan? Christians are proud they're religious.

Hmm, if meat is murder, and abortion is murder does that make the aborted fetus meat? Which leads to my next question, is anyone else hungry?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    No, you eating meat is causing less oxygen - that's literally what that graph says. People want meat = let's cut down more trees = less oxygen.
    Novel thought: How about we aim for using the land areas in ways that are ecologically optimal.

Some areas are better for producing plants, other areas are better for producing meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    the only time you see gettig an abortion is when it WOULD, kill the mother?
    No, abortion is the act of removing a pergnancy from a womb BEFORE it's viable outside a womb and has nothing to do with the womb DONOR.

My comparison would be akin to a person being forced to donate any of their organs SAFELY to anyone they caused to need them in ANY OTHER situation but pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Hmm, if meat is murder, and abortion is murder does that make the aborted fetus meat? Which leads to my next question, is anyone else hungry?
    If you force the mother to go to full term then you can eat the baby AND the placenta!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    If you force the mother to go to full term then you can eat the baby AND the placenta!!!
    Did you also know that abortions are actually performed by highly trained babies that infiltrate the uterus, learn the foetus' secrets, and then inevitably betray it?

Also when you abort a baby and toss it in the bin, you have to yell KOBE! if you get it in the first time.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Fetuses don't have wills...so how can they want anything? Not related.

Still waiting for someone to tell me the exact point a foetus becomes a human being and human laws apply to it
    It differs depending upon who you ask, as the definition of a human being (in this context) varies. For example, if you believe in a human soul, and that possessing said soul defines one as being human, and you believe the soul comes into being (or whatever) upon fertilization, then logically life begins upon fertilization. However, if you do not believe in souls, and you believe human life is defined based upon the existence of higher brain function, then there is a huge window during which a fetus is not human. By that measure, though it obviously differs slightly by individual fetus, humanity would begin somewhere around the end of the second trimester.

Lot of people don't seem to understand (or acknowledge) there are other reasons to be vegan besides the feelings of the animals.

The CO2 (and worse) emissions from the meat industry are insane, and definitely a valid reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Lot of people don't seem to understand (or acknowledge) there are other reasons to be vegan besides the feelings of the animals.

The CO2 (and worse) emissions from the meat industry are insane, and definitely a valid reason.
    Know what a good reason not to be a vegan is?

Understanding that a plant-heavy diet is a luxury in modern times, and that not every arable area is suited to crops.

So that mean 80-90% of the time you've got a human right there. Seems pretty high to me
    Only by a very specific definition of "human" that not everyone agrees upon. For 99.9% of people, it's not about killing babies or denying women rights. It's about the definition of when life begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Yeah lol...people missed the part i said “joking aside”
    Most animals dont have emotions, people do anthropomorphize them though
    About wolves/red deer, we eat deer, wolves have been known to eat people, i’m not against keeping their population in check so we can hunt more deer.
    Pain yes, animals do feel it, thats why there are refulations in place, you cant just stab a cow and let it bleed out over an hour, its done by a bolt being slammed into its brain, less/no pain.

I can see why people get upset with chicken processing though.

We evolved to eat meat, just because there are alternatives now doesnt mean the rest of the animal kingdom will follow suit (lions going on a soy diet) and actually some babies have been seriously impacted by having vegan mothers who only give them soy milk.
    In multiple places around the world, even leading to deaths
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...et_a_22223510/

So nope, i eat a balanced diet, leads to less health issues.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.