(Urgent) new graphics card for WoW 1080p 144hz

My six year old GTX 770 2 GB gave up last night (the fans, 95 degrees Celsius in idle). I'm in urgent need of new graphics card.

CPU is 4670k at 4.5 GHz. Only playing WoW, mainly classic but probably retail in a couple of months.

I won't buy a used one, will pick one up from physical store tomorrow.

Been looking at (ascending price):

ASUS GeForce GTX1060 Dual OC 3GB
    207$

MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
    228$

MSI GeForce GTX 1650 GAMING X 4GB
    228$

Powercolor Radeon RX 580 8GB Red Dragon
    236$

Powercolor Radeon RX 590 8GB Red Dragon
    276$

The "MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC" for 228$ feels appealing. But is that version of the card good? I mean it's small and the fans look tiny plus dont cover the whole card? I mean think it will run pretty high temps and bad overclocking capabilities?

And the 580 plus 590 versions; "Red Dragon"? How are they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is one of those games where fps does not matter as much since many places you will never hit it regardless how good your computer is.
    Wow classic has really low requirements.
    I would just recommend getting a 570 if all you do is play wow classic. It is cheap, and good enough for what you are doing.
    Otherwise I would get a 580. Anything above that is overkill.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic can run on a toaster, and retail will be CPU bound before your GPU is a problem, so pick up the cheapest 570 or 580 you can find that still has 2/3 fans

definitely not 1650

Thanks!

I think I encountered a kinda big problem - the power connector from PSU into the new incoming GPU.

My old one uses x2 8-pin PCIe (see pic below).

The new one will use x1 6-pin PCIe or x1 8-pin PCIe.

Does it include these power cables when you buy new GPU?

It looks like this right now for me. This cable looks very hard to exchange its running all over the place into my PSU. I'm very bad with PC building stuff.
    If I get a new card with x1 8-pin PCIe; can I use my current one, just plug the one contact in and leave the other one hanging unplugged?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can leave the other GPU power cable unplugged without issue.

on most 8 pin connectors you can detach two of them to make it a 6 pin

Quote Originally Posted by Talfy123 View Post
    Thanks!

I think I encountered a kinda big problem - the power connector from PSU into the new incoming GPU.

My old one uses x2 8-pin PCIe (see pic below).

The new one will use x1 6-pin PCIe or x1 8-pin PCIe.

Does it include these power cables when you buy new GPU?

It looks like this right now for me. This cable looks very hard to exchange its running all over the place into my PSU. I'm very bad with PC building stuff.
    If I get a new card with x1 8-pin PCIe; can I use my current one, just plug the one contact in and leave the other one hanging unplugged?

Both of your cables split into 6+2 like that

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    You can leave the other GPU power cable unplugged without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    on most 8 pin connectors you can detach two of them to make it a 6 pin
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Both of your cables split into 6+2 like that
    Ah, thanks!
    So if I buy new card with x1 8 pin, I only use one of my connectors, leave the other one hanging unplugged.
    If x1 6 pin, I can split one of my current connectors into 6 pin.

Right now I'm leaning towards RX 580 8 GB. Either the Armor version (228$) or the Red Dragon version (236$). Those has x1 8 pin.
    Last edited by Rebark90; 2019-09-14 at 07:39 PM.

I got a 580 Armor (8GB) this year and I am extremely happy with it. Look for the best deal and many times it comes with codes for 2 games. Mine came with RE2 and DMC5 when they were still at full price. Amazing value!