Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    hell to the fuck no. hopefully classic fails miserably after the initial jump and it goes away. People asking for that old experience are in pure nostalgia mode
    I'm not much of a Vanilla fan, but how can you say they only claim to want Vanilla because they don't remember how it was? Private servers clearly prove that some people want to play Classic even with it's flaws.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Do you think it would be possible although I know unlikely to see a "alternate" history of warcraft being released? One were the time line and game systems would differ from the current live version of the game?

For example lets say instead of Northrend most of the expansion would instead take place in underneath it dealing with the Azjol-Nerub empire or perhaps the scarlet crusade.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy current wow but I would really like to see a second product be offered that would be in essence Vanilla/TBC era mechanics but in new setting and themes.

What do you think good idea? Bad idea?
    You want Classic you get Classic nothing more nothing less this isnt WoW 2 and will not get expansions!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    people who want to play vanilla want to play vanilla, they do not suddenly want to have the game changed all over again by adding in new patches and expansions.
    I kinda would.

I have enjoyed each expansion even. I would however think it would be cool to see how things could go if we went in another direction storywise. It won't happen, it doesnt mean I wouldn't be interested :P.

if they have plans for new development which would take a large team at this point it's highly unlikely they would do it anywhere but the live version of the game. the vanilla team is really small and that's possible because all the hard work was done over a decade ago, they are just dusting it off and updating it a little so it actually works in 2018 and with the bnet app.

so yes, it would be fun for players like me who much prefer vanilla and previous expansions to what the game has become, but there is nearly a 0% chance of it ever happening. just be happy we get vanilla again and that will likely lead into getting tbc a few year later and then wrath a few years after that.

That's an interesting idea, but I don't see it happening at all. They will probably do expansion releases, and maybe have different expansion servers, but I don't think they are going to release entirely new expansions starting from vanilla.

There are several people invested in lore, including Blizzard, and it also wouldn't be a good move logically either. A lot of people are attached to their characters including myself and I have no desire to start over if they stop releasing expansions for the current game.

is there any date of vanilla start ?

Quote Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
    is there any date of vanilla start ?
    Nothing official yet, but I think it'll drop next year sometime in the fall.
    They've got a lot of work to do from what it sounds like.

Sweet baby Jesus, please, no.

Blizzard fumbles the story with the current MU/AU thing, let alone adding more.

Bad idea.

On one hand I'd love to see a Classic+ Server (The original game should always have a pure no changes server) but said Classic+ would function similarly to OSRS where Blizzard could add new content while keeping within the spirit of the game. I think it'd be kind of cool if we saw some of the ideas Blizzard originally had. For example I remember seeing a video a while back that explained a possible progression past Naxx that Blizzard may have intended. We know Atiesh was a legendary in Naxx and it would seem likely that Tier 4 would be Karazhan, following Karazhan it would lead to an Unlock of the Caverns of Time where we'd visit the Black Morass and eventually players would trigger an event in which we reopen the Dark Portal ourselves and unlock the Hellfire Peninsula Zone in an event similar to AQ opening.

Something like this would be really cool if Blizzard did it right, first of all copying what we saw in retail wouldn't do, things like the Black Morass and Caverns of Time were in the game but not accessible in Vanilla, so I'd be ok with those environments being reused but I'd like to see things like new bosses from what we've already seen and new quests etc. I'd love for something to breath some mystery and speculation back into the game as right now one of the things I feel like could be a problem with Classic is that everyone already knows everything there is to know about it and can min/max the shit out of it, which isn't how it was back in 2004-2006, back then most people had no clue what the hell they were doing. This was also one of the main points of hype for Cataclysm, it was the expansion that filled in those blank zones on the map, it'd be cool to do it again bit by bit and reimagine some things while leaving the old world in tact.

Of course, as interesting as these ideas may be, I think they'd only be necessary if Blizzard ran into the OSRS problem of people leaving the game, which I don't think will happen given that the Classic community seems to be as resilient as a cockroach with all these private servers getting axed/dying out and yet the community endures and keeps going which is how we eventually got our Classic servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

I think it would be interesting if classic had alternate expansions of its own that were much smaller in scale compared to the main universe where every threat is world ending or universe ending. Like a defias expansion where the threat is localized to stormwind, or a acarlet crusade expansion where the threat is localized to undercity or a druid of the fang expansion where the threat is in barrens and endangers thunder bluff and teldrassil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think they will do that but what i think they will do will be something like: Gain level X on classic server and win a mount/tittle/pet on retail. Or something like that

We're up to three main ones already: draenor, MU, and movie.

I don't think they'll deviate much from the original story, I really only suspect a few quality of life changes and class balances. e.g. multi HoT/DoT on target

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There are things that were considered for Vanilla but later moved in to expansions. Outland could have been a zone for lvl 60s, as could Hyjal and the Emerald Nightmare, and nothing was made of Deadwind Pass. Plus there are some instance portals dotted around that were never used, 2 in Stormwind and one in Stratholme. It could be interesting to see additions to Vanilla that don't change any of the existing content or adjust game mechanics.
    id have to agree, although the emerald dream should be as it was supposed to be, the UNTOUCHED version of azeroth, if you've ever seen what it was like in the game files we should have that as a completely ALTERNATE azeroth instead of some shitty raid they threw in in legion.....it should be done with a ton of care, use the same files that are out there on the internet and have some cool gimmick like possibly more quest areas or even use the portals from classic to go into the dream and we can go from say feralas in azeroth travel across the dream to another portal and that portal would be closer in distance since the dream is one giant continent and also that portal could port us to the hinterlands in a shorter time
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Wasn't it mentioned that they had thrown around the idea of adding stuff that never got finished in Classic? Like the original Hyjal and the Azshara BG?

I think it would be nice to see it fleshed out to what they had intended. Then again, I'm not a purist and think that Classic could use some of today's modern things like Transmog, basic group finder (like how current raid finder - no LFR or random dungeon groups though), more class viability. Its going to get old quickly when you can basically only play a hybrid healer, a warrior tank, and a pure DPS again. Granted, I think people might be more open minded to hybrid DPS since the playerbase is a lot more sophisticated and can probably make specs that are "no viable" into "viable."

No.

10 characters.

the only non-vanilla thing I'd want to see is what they planned Kara to be, before they swapped it into TBC (1st expac). Kara was going to be a Lvl 60 Raid. Caster Legendary Staff "Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian" says so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Do you think it would be possible although I know unlikely to see a "alternate" history of warcraft being released? One were the time line and game systems would differ from the current live version of the game?

For example lets say instead of Northrend most of the expansion would instead take place in underneath it dealing with the Azjol-Nerub empire or perhaps the scarlet crusade.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy current wow but I would really like to see a second product be offered that would be in essence Vanilla/TBC era mechanics but in new setting and themes.

What do you think good idea? Bad idea?
    Sounds like a great idea to me honestly. Maybe this time they wouldn't butcher the lore until we end up with time/space travel multiverse bullshit.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-06-20 at 02:56 PM.

I'd very much like to have all the expansions of the game being remade with Vanilla design philosophy (no catch-up, pyramidal progression, comparatively small power increase, slower pace and so on).
    The probability will depend on how Classic is received relative to BfA, but it's rather low in all case.

Still, I would really love to get a WotLK or MoP with real progression and neither dumbing down nor stupid power inflation...

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't want the current team to touch vanilla and expand on it if you like classic. Mostly speaking of artists.

Other than this I can't see them doing what they did a second time differently for 15 years. It would be suicide : high risk of quality failure, profit failure, everything will be stuff already seen on live at some point and so on.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2018-06-21 at 10:29 AM.