Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I wish Thanos was real so he could erase Donald Trump from history.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying hard? It came from HIS fucking mouth.
    He's talking about the Space Force in the context of military branches. As in, the Space Force is its own branch, like the Air Force is its own branch. It's separate from, but equal to all other military branches.

You are deliberately taking his words completely out of context from what he said and making a wild fucking accusation of racism. Nice try, but bullshit, sir. You are full of bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    While "separate but equal" is a monumentally stupid phase to use anywhere in America at this point, it distracts from the president wanting to create a force to dominate a near infinite three dimensional battle space where even the slightest damage is fatal, a fleck of paint can near destroy a space station, and physics are still a goddamned thing.

The first space battle is going to be crazy. The second is going to be everyone floating around not shooting shit, else they end up careening off into the endless void while being afforded the rest of their lives to think on how stupid fighting in fucking space is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Moreso than Trump foaming at the mouth about how he wants to play space man.
    The only people I see foaming at the mouth are the Leftists and Democrats who are still yelling at the Universe for allowing Trump to be president.

Also, this thread is an example of why Trump will likely win again.

The Left can't stop at just saying, "this is a really dumb idea". It is a really dumb idea...but that's it. It's not a racist idea, and Trump isn't 'foaming' mad about it. When you can't stop at the facts and instead, start making stuff up to make Trump out to be more egregious than he was being, it defeats your entire argument, because that's all people hear is the exaggeration, and they'll dismiss everything else that you said in earnest.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

You are aware that investing in and building up third world countries is the "advancement of mankind," right?

Moreso than Trump foaming at the mouth about how he wants to play space man.
    Third world shitholes are shitholes for a reason. Don't give me the basic imperialism or DA WHITE MAN/WESTERNERS KEEPIN EM DOWN! In the Middle East you have a region that is completely overrun by a barbaric form of the religion, and until the religion is snuffed out or dramatically reformed like Christianity or any other modern religion, than any money or anything you do to restructure that region will be for naught (see the last 70 years of human history). 3rd world shitholes are shitholes because of the culture, religion, and people. You'd literally have to conquer by force and then rule with an iron fist and commit acts of genocide to see any change, something likes of Genghis Khan or the Roman empire would do. But you can't do that today for obvious reasons. The corruption and low intelligence is too strong in these places. You give these countries supplies and money and 80% of it falls into warlords, the mob or corrupt politicians hands to secure more power.

Building wells for a tribe in Africa because they are too stupid to learn how to access clean water when wells were invented thousands of years ago is nothing compared to advancements in space technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The only people I see foaming at the mouth are the Leftists and Democrats who are still yelling at the Universe for allowing Trump to be president.

Also, this thread is an example of why Trump will likely win again.

The Left can't stop at just saying, "this is a really dumb idea". It is a really dumb idea...but that's it. It's not a racist idea, and Trump isn't 'foaming' mad about it. When you can't stop at the facts and instead, start making stuff up to make Trump out to be more egregious than he was being, it defeats your entire argument, because that's all people hear is the exaggeration, and they'll dismiss everything else that you said in earnest.
    I don't think Trump is expressing a racist sentiment... at this moment. He, as is his wont, used a poor turn of phrase to describe something stupid.

As for pointing out Trump's failings, I think it's important for people to do so. Rather than saying "you should just be quiet and sit on your hands because people wont like you if they think you're just a bossypants!" as you seem to prescribe.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Very nice. Expect the Russians and Chinese to follow soon.

Not Europe though, we cant even compete on Earth itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Third world shitholes are shitholes for a reason. Don't give me the basic imperialism or DA WHITE MAN/WESTERNERS KEEPIN EM DOWN!
    That is entirely it. When you drain the people and resources from a region and then leave a power vacuum in its place, the place goes to shit.

In the Middle East you have a region that is completely overrun by a barbaric form of the religion, and until the religion is snuffed out or dramatically reformed like Christianity or any other modern religion, than any money or anything you do to restructure that region will be for naught (see the last 70 years of human history).
    The modern middle east was a relatively stable area up until roughly 40 years ago.

It's almost as if some exterior powers came in, destabilized the region, and then left a power vacuum.

3rd world shitholes are shitholes because of the culture, religion, and people. You'd literally have to conquer by force and then rule with an iron fist and commit acts of genocide to see any change, something likes of Genghis Khan or the Roman empire would do. But you can't do that today for obvious reasons. The corruption and low intelligence is too strong in these places. You give these countries supplies and money and 80% of it falls into warlords, the mob or corrupt politicians hands to secure more power.
    Which is why more oversight is required, not less.

Building wells for a tribe in Africa because they are too stupid to learn how to access clean water when wells were invented thousands of years ago
    Yes how dare poor impoverished people living off the earth and dealing with disease and famine not just be more wealthy. Those lazy fools.

You seem to be pitching "why don't poor people just make more money?" as your solution to world issues.

Which I guess tows the line of the republican "do nothing and then act surprised when nothing changes" mantra they've been employing lo these past few decades.

is nothing compared to advancements in space technology.
    Plugging your ears wont solve the world's problems.

And I certainly don't trust Trump's idea of a military space branch to bring any good about. No part of that sentence strings together to form a good idea.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

<snip>
    The well example is that wells are very much stone age tech or before, just like fire. If a modern day tribe hasn't figured out a simple technology that's 10 thousand years old, well...then I think pouring resources in is going to do little in the grand scheme of things. From a pure "improvement of mankind", wouldn't letting the people who cant figure out basic technology that's older than the fucking wheel die off be better than letting them live and procreate?

I don't think Trump is expressing a racist sentiment... at this moment. He, as is his wont, used a poor turn of phrase to describe something stupid.

As for pointing out Trump's failings, I think it's important for people to do so. Rather than saying "you should just be quiet and sit on your hands because people wont like you if they think you're just a bossypants!" as you seem to prescribe.
    OK, but that's not going against what I said. So I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or arguing against me. I'm just saying you just can't make up additional stuff to try to outrage everyone.

You need to say, "Trump said/did a really dumb thing". Then leave it at that. When you add on, "he's a foaming mad, alt-right, Hitler-loving, Aryan white supremacist, racist" That's when you lose anyone who is half way moderate, because they can see none of those things apply to the story, so they dismiss the whole story including part of the story that is true, which is that Trump did/said something dumb.

Also...

Is Trump bigoted against poor people? Maybe. Does he has a problem with certain cultures? It's possible. Is he bigoted against people because of their skin color or how tan they are? You are going to have to explain how he gets that cozy to Jesse Jackson as a racist who hates black people.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he could try hard with the insane amount of money we're giving him through taxes and he can build the millennium falcon and fly his ass straight outta here in less than 12 parsecs.
    He is donating his salary to charity so your tax money aint going in his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotic View Post
    He is donating his salary to charity so your tax money aint going in his pocket.
    Arguable. The secret service blew much of their yearly budget staying at properties he owned while he was at his various resorts, months before the end of their fiscal year.

Even if that money isn't going into his pockets directly, he's got massive free advertising for his brand, and he doubled the membership fee at Mar-a-Lago as soon as he became president - and spends a lot of time there, as if to tell his members they can have access to him if they pay, what is it now, $200,000 a year?

Deleted
    Operation human shield.

They do not have means to fight in low/high orbits. Orbital Warfare is a fantasy from 3rd-tier game (yes, CoD), at least for now. Let them waste their money .

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    They do not have means to split an atom. Harnessing atomic power is a fantasy from 3rd-tier sci-fi (yes, Robert A. Heinlein), at least for now. Let them waste their money .
    Hmm.......

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are aware that investing in and building up third world countries is the "advancement of mankind," right?
    It really isn't though. Mostly since if they are 3rd World it generally means they don't have anything worthwhile to give and they generally are just a drain. If these countries wanted advancement they would've advanced alongside the rest of the World but they mostly decided not to and instead stayed the way they were.

Deleted
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separate_but_equal

• Separate but equal

phrase of separate
    US historical
    racially segregated but ostensibly ensuring equal opportunities to all races.

It's official that this new, costly and at the moment, useless, "Space Force", will be segregated between races.

For those saying he wouldn't be pushing us back and wasn't racist, here you are
    Huh, what? He means it's a separate and equal force like Navy and Army are separate, but equal. What does race have to do with this?

Trying hard? It came from HIS fucking mouth.
    He meant separate but equal to the Air Force..... but I know you have an axe to grind. grind away. See you in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Hotic View Post
    I tell you what I will "donate" to you $2 and you give me $2000, don't forget to thank me for the generosity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Is Trump bigoted against poor people? Maybe. Does he has a problem with certain cultures? It's possible. Is he bigoted against people because of their skin color or how tan they are? You are going to have to explain how he gets that cozy to Jesse Jackson as a racist who hates black people.
    This is off-topic but racist people have no problem cozying up to black people they just think terrible things about them. I have met quite a few racists who had no problem making nice with minorities they just have certain opinions in regards to how they should comport themselves that are racist. It is a myth that racists hide in their holes and don't deal with black people would be kind of hard to function like that in today's society though you may get the occasional outbursts.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to be quite intellectually dishonest to equate separate from the Air Force with racially separate...

Adeptus Astartes, made from God Emperor trumphs own gene's.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2018-06-19 at 10:06 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?