Thread: Psoriasis

Post Psoriasis

Hi All,

I have suffered from plaque psoriasis for 4 years, the last 2 years I have been experiencing tendonitis in multiple joint areas, my hip, elbow and knee. At first, I put them down to gym injuries and my age (35), but I have been forced to rest for the last 8 months as I felt like I was falling apart at the gym, I planned on having a few months off and let my aches and pains heal, it has now been 8 months and I still have all the aches and pains, I don't seem to be healing! Which lead me to think I may have PA. I do not have any swollen joints or feel heat in the injured areas, I do however have 2-3 pitted nails. I have had my blood checked for raised inflammatory markers and my levels were good.

So my question to all you unfortunate souls who have been diagnosed with this horrible condition, what were your very early symptoms? and do you think what is happening to me is the onset of PA? Also, I'm not sure when people refer to their joint pain if they actually feel it in their joint or the tendons around the joint, mine is definitely in the tendons and my range of motion with joints is very good.

I have also read many articles from healthcare websites like medicinene, mayoclinic, everydayhealth, psoriasis etc...

Anyways, I would be grateful to hear what you guys have to think about this, hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
    Sam

Deleted
    Did you get any vaccines recently?

Figure out a way to go to a doctor dude, psoriasis is awful and serious.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSteven View Post
    Hi All,

I have suffered from plaque psoriasis for 4 years, the last 2 years I have been experiencing tendonitis in multiple joint areas, my hip, elbow and knee. At first, I put them down to gym injuries and my age (35), but I have been forced to rest for the last 8 months as I felt like I was falling apart at the gym, I planned on having a few months off and let my aches and pains heal, it has now been 8 months and I still have all the aches and pains, I don't seem to be healing! Which lead me to think I may have PA. I do not have any swollen joints or feel heat in the injured areas, I do however have 2-3 pitted nails. I have had my blood checked for raised inflammatory markers and my levels were good.

So my question to all you unfortunate souls who have been diagnosed with this horrible condition, what were your very early symptoms? and do you think what is happening to me is the onset of PA? Also, I'm not sure when people refer to their joint pain if they actually feel it in their joint or the tendons around the joint, mine is definitely in the tendons and my range of motion with joints is very good.

I have also read many articles from healthcare websites like medicinene, mayoclinic, everydayhealth, psoriasis etc...

Anyways, I would be grateful to hear what you guys have to think about this, hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
    Sam
    I have psoriasis, and what you are describing I have never had. the common places for my psoriasis to flare up is in joints but I never experience pain. usually extreme itching/ burning type sensation. I have had major break outs with the skin disorder. as another poster said vaccines can cause outbreaks easily. there is a new steroid out right now that works very well for me. virtually makes it disappear and stay gone. it is called otezla. if you do have what you think you do ( I don't believe you do with pain) this medicine if prescribed will change your life. if you have deep pain and have rested for long periods of time (8 freaking months) to attempt to heal you have an issue that needs to be address by a medical professional asap. my neighbor had lyme disease from a tick. he had deep joint pains for months. felt physically exhausted all the time. he died 2 years after diagnosis from complications of not getting treated in early stages. go to a doctor man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSteven View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    Sam
    I have a few skin conditions that are stress related, and immunological in nature as well.
    Very complicated shit, and takes your personal time and effort in discovering its ailments. Dermatologists here in Canada are semi-private and usually are only good for discovering allergies. In terms of these ailments they can only provide guides to relieve these chronic ailments. What the prescribe most often does not work.

For me though....you would be surprised...crushed garlic did wonders for my skin conditions. No need to fund $$$$ to these fucking pharmaceutical companies basically using the derivatives of oil to relieve my ailments...or trying to at least.

Unless it is proven to relieve a certain condition, I never trust Doctors or Dermatologists prescribing me stuff that costs 100's of dollars. Simple crushed garlic did the job for me...
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Medical related threads are not allowed here, due to the possibility of getting poor and dangerous advice.