Deleted

N'Zoth will be the End Boss in BFA??

He is the only god we have no faced yet, anyone else think he will be the final boss of the expansion??

The way i see it: First couple of patches it will be alliance vs horde, later we will face queen azshara (as revealed), then as the story unfolds the alliance and horde will have to team up because N'Zoth will arise from the depths of the ocean.

Let's summarize:

The first raid will be Ul'dir - similar to Emerald Nightmare. So pretty irrelevant to the overall storyline of the expansion.

Now the question is:

1. will we get just one big content patch with one additional tier (like WoD) or

2. two big content patches with two additional tiers (like Legion).

We already know that Azshara will be the endbosse of the first tier, of her very own raid that will be similar to Nighthold and Gul'dan's role in Legion.

So the next question is... if there will be two additional tiers, who will be the endboss of the second tier (like Kil'jaeden) when N'zoth might apparently be the endboss of tier 3 (like Argus)?

Three scenarios:

1. there won't be two additional tiers, so Azshara will be the endboss of the first tier and N'zoth the endboss of the second tier (and BfA will be a pretty content-sparse expansion like WoD)

2. We don't kill Azshara and she'll return in tier 2 as the endboss (again) and N'zoth will be the endboss of tier 3 (this is what I hope for)

3. They will build up another big endboss for tier 2 - this is imho the most unlikely version because there's basically nobody that could match Azshara (unless they're turning one of the Horde/Alliance leaders into a baddie)
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think BfA may follow Legion model. In Legion we had 2 major storylines:

1) Pillars of Creation, sealing a portal, dealing with Legion invasion,

2) Sargerite Keystone and preparing us and major characters to take "one step further" - learning about Illidan's past, Velen questline in Exodar, Khadgar/Medivh scene after Karazhan.

In middle tier we resolved Pillars of Creation part of story, turned out they weren't solution to deal with Legion, in last patch we went all in and flew to Argus.

In BfA we have similar formula:

1) Battle for Azeroth between Horde and Alliance (with Old Gods minions - Zul/Azshara in the background).

but at the same time there is 2) Battle for Titan Azeroth and whole Magni thing that seems disconnected from our goal to dominate planet with our faction (like learning about Illidan past and obtaining Sargerai Keystone felt disconnected from whole "sealing the portal" business).

So I guess, if Blizzard won't come up with really surprising story (and let's face it, it won't happen), BfA patch cycle will be like that:

Tier 1: Dealing with Zandalar threat (G'huun and Zul) - of course in lore Horde is doing that raid; maybe we will get small Zuldazar raid Trial of Valor style to make even 10 boss tier.
    Tier 2: Dealing with Kul Tiras threat (Azshara) - of course it's Alliance job, Horde doing this is just gameplay thing.

(after that we successfully recruit Zandalari and Kul Tiran into our ranks, so Horde and Alliance can prepare for final battle.)

Tier 3: Final A/H battle somewhere between our continents, so random (or maybe Plunder Isle?) isle as catch up island BS style. And yes, raid is this final battle (simultaneously on land and sea). Major bosses would be reskins for Horde and Alliance (but separate final boss for Horde and Alliance would be amazing). At the end (PLOT TWIST) something really bad happen to both armies (I really, really hope we won't join forces, decimation of both armies would be better choice for narrative) and we know Azeroth will die very soon if we won't do anything.

Tier 4: All I can predict it won't be H/A, but fight for Titan Azeroth. For sure at the end we will use fully empowered necklace to heal planet. It could be N'zoth (probably in Nazjatar since Azshara will be second tier - or maybe Nazjatar will be just raid instance for Azshara, who knows), but I think it will be something pullet from hat, like Argus, and N'zoth will be saved for cool (and edgy) Black Empire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Signs point to yes.

Azshara is going to have a big role and she's pretty chummy with the Old Gods, and N'Zoth is the last one of those. While I think Azshara could probably have carried an entire expansion solo, it also makes good sense to have her be an agent of N'Zoth.

I'm looking forwards to the final zone/raid where N'Zoth will be present. Hoping for some Old God city (Ny'alotha?) with cool non-euclidean geometry.

There is a very good chance he will be the final boss, but they could also save it for next expansion too since it will be the first Void expansion.

Uldir (G'huun) -> Siege of Zulduzar (Rasta'khan for Alliance, Kathrine Proudmoore for Horde) -> Naz'jatar (Queen Azshara) -> Siege of Stormwind (Sylvanas for Alliance, Anduin or Genn for Horde) -> Ny'alotha (N'Zoth)

Since Blizzard has said that the patch content will be similar to Legion's, this is what I think the raid structure will look like with the raid's final boss(es) in parentheses . I initially thought that the Seige of Stormwind might be last, as it's what the expansion's theme is built around, but considering 7.2's assets were mostly recycled outside of the raid, I felt having an AvH theme for 8.2 would allow Blizzard to more feasibly get away with re-using old assets. Plus, Ny'alotha rising out of the ocean, Ry'leh-style, would rival Argus appearing as the final patch zone.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2018-06-21 at 08:01 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University