Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    there are 4 report options Cheating/Name/Language/Spam the automatic bans are likely different for each

all 4 can be used to bully other players

- - - Updated - - -

i don't believe you understand what context is or you would acknowledge you lack the information to make any type of accurate judgement

the GM's see a single line of text for each report they don't see the conversation or what anyone else was saying at the time
    Hard to be "bullied" if you are not bringing attention to yourself or being disruptive to other in the first place. People are not going to mass report someone in an attempt to get them banned for no reason at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    This is the logic of someone who blindly defends something though...

I lost faith in blizzard because of personal interaction and seeing first hand how quickly they are willing to intervene when it isn't warranted.

We see people being suspended for swearing in a game with a swear filter that people have willing turned off.
    We have a silence system that depends on mob rules rather then using a ignore system.
    We have the utter horror stories of overwatch where blizzard has gone on record saying yes you can and will be banned for picking the wrong hero.

Skepticism isn't a negative trait. I to haven't had any problems in game but I watched people in my guild have to contest silenced penalties for advertising our sale runs. If you have ever had the displeasure of posting on the wow forums you can see first hand how bizzare moderation can be.
    Doesn't matter, swearing is against the ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Hard to be "bullied" if you are not bringing attention to yourself or being disruptive to other in the first place. People are not going to mass report someone in an attempt to get them banned for no reason at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter, swearing is against the ToS.
    Alright but why?

Character in game swear why is it different? It's against the tos isn't a argument since everything is against the tos if they decide it is.It is a extremely petty and childish thing to argue in favor of.

bohoo I said a bad thing and got punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Silences are automatic, and i am living proof of it.

I got silenced once in ToS, because a competing guild mass-reported me.

Logged into my 2nd account on a different bnet, ran to ToS and wrote "I'm back!", 3 seconds later i got silenced.

Characters had similar names.

So, i dont believe anyone who tells me shit isnt automated.
    Once again the initial banning/silencing is automatic, the review is done manually. It is impractical to thin it should all be done manually. Like the domestic phone surveillance, shit, they used algorithms to find what they were looking for. The never had agents listening to every phone call made, there is not enough people nor time to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Alright but why?

Character in game swear why is it different? It's against the tos isn't a argument since everything is against the tos if they decide it is.It is a extremely petty and childish thing to argue in favor of.
    Because those are the rules. Why is jaywalking illegal in many places, or no turning right on red lights? just becasue it doesn't make sense doesn't mean you can violate something you agreed to. Plus it's not hard to not swear while typing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    bohoo I said a bad thing and got punished.
    Exactly. Attention whoring at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Once again the initial banning/silencing is automatic, the review is done manually. It is impractical to thin it should all be done manually. Like the domestic phone surveillance, shit, they used algorithms to find what they were looking for. The never had agents listening to every phone call made, there is not enough people nor time to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Because those are the rules. Why is jaywalking illegal in many places, or no turning right on red lights? just becasue it doesn't make sense doesn't mean you can violate something you agreed to. Plus it's not hard to not swear while typing.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Attention whoring at it's best.
    You still don't make anymore sense then before. With your logic not swearing is against the tos. So I assume you support banning players for not swearing.

You don't have a argument you have a appeal to authority the two are not the same.

w
    10 reports over something like a 24 hour period

i created new accounts and paid for legion on them to run a bunch of tests
    Wtf you have a lot of extra time/money on your hands to be able to do that...
    Of course its impossible to review everything before silencing... Just think about the number of trade spam bots that get reported everyday. Of couse these are silenced automatically after x reports. That's simple "computer" logic.

Silenced people deserve it.
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-06-27 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Silences are automatic, and i am living proof of it.

I got silenced once in ToS, because a competing guild mass-reported me.

Logged into my 2nd account on a different bnet, ran to ToS and wrote "I'm back!", 3 seconds later i got silenced.

Characters had similar names.

So, i dont believe anyone who tells me shit isnt automated.
    People in this thread don't use logic or proof. They side with Blizzard without making an attempt to comprehend the situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    People in this thread don't use logic or proof. They side with Blizzard without making an attempt to comprehend the situation.
    And you quote a post that has no proof at all.

edit ...

If blizzard wants this kind of moderation it has to be automated, there is no other way to get it work - it's not feasible to hire people to moderate in game chat in real time. So essentially it's just up to players to decide how to moderate the chat and blizzard supervises the system by some way. Now I don't think this is a good thing but I don't really care, if you don't like it you don't have to use it. Now of course there are ways to exploit automated systems, but that's why blizzard has to supervise the system by someway and decide how to handle the cases of abuse.

The problem with your "logic or proof" is that there is no proof in this thread that proves this system is not working as intended. There is some "proof" that could just be made up. Now what comes to logic there are some things that could be possible problems, but that's up to blizzard to decide how to handle them. You are of course free to argue that you don't like the system because of possible exploits but everyone are free to disagree with you too. Every system has it's own problems, if you don't have any moderation you can see in this thread which kind of people exploit that system.

I don't understand why I'm wasting my time posting about this. Reporting system is very complex problem and I don't really want to use my free time about arguing on it. Have a good day.
    Last edited by mmoc54cd893078; 2018-06-28 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dondogshiat View Post
    And you quote a post that has no proof at all.

edit ...

If blizzard wants this kind of moderation it has to be automated, there is no other way to get it work - it's not feasible to hire people to moderate in game chat in real time. So essentially it's just up to players to decide how to moderate the chat and blizzard supervises the system by some way. Now I don't think this is a good thing but I don't really care, if you don't like it you don't have to use it. Now of course there are ways to exploit automated systems, but that's why blizzard has to supervise the system by someway and decide how to handle the cases of abuse.

The problem with your "logic or proof" is that there is no proof in this thread that proves this system is not working as intended. There is some "proof" that could just be made up. Now what comes to logic there are some things that could be possible problems, but that's up to blizzard to decide how to handle them. You are of course free to argue that you don't like the system because of possible exploits but everyone are free to disagree with you too. Every system has it's own problems, if you don't have any moderation you can see in this thread which kind of people exploit that system.

I don't understand why I'm wasting my time posting about this. Reporting system is very complex problem and I don't really want to use my free time about arguing on it. Have a good day.
    The testimony of those here who have had this issue personally holds more credibility than those who have never came into contact with this issue and still feel they know what they're talking about.

People who have never been silenced seem to know more about silencing than people that have? Seems off to me.

so i guess your blind and cant see the GM's constantly saying its not them making the choice

do you understand what "unnecessary chatter" refers to?? there is nothing in the ToS about it if i had broken the ToS they would not refer to it as "Unnecessary chatter"

- - - Updated - - -

next time your having a fight with people in trade chat let everyone know if 10 people click on your name and select report language you will be instantly kicked out of the game and silenced

it has not happened to you because most players don't understand the power has been given to them

anyway let me know how that turns out for you
    you're* Twice.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

If anyone believes a GM actually reviews the silence penalties they are the epitome of naive. Blizzard does not have the budget nor the personnel to review these cases. The silence penalty is 100% automated and it can EASILY be abused by guilds with enough members to silence those that disagree with them. You have to be pretty ignorant to believe that blizzard ACTUALLY has a GM/CSM reviewing the tons of AUTOMATIC silence penalties each day.

Deleted
    Yes silences are automated, 100 %, playing this game since 17.07.2006. In all this time i got silenced once for one day, no bans. I asked the gm what messages i exactly got reported for to know what i should refrain from saying in the future and he copy pasted me them.

All, but one of them were in raidchat lecturing tanks, in a respectful manner, how not to wipe us in lfr, cause i was doing lfr with all my alts(8) to do the pillars of creation quest, which i thought was part of the legionfall campaign(mistakes were made). What you find in tomb lfr right now are boosted 110 players, not knowing tactics and not outgearing the fights, which is totally fine and resonable given no incentive to go in there as an experienced player. The experience overall is awful and you will wipe to Harjatan/Kiljaeden if you don't give instructions in advance, sadly even in lfr. I understand the reports, being perceived as annoying and the GM agreed that those were unjust.
    The only other report was a wisper, in which i actually insulted someone. Sry not sorry. I qued a rnd heroic dungeon to finish my order hall campaign with my shadowpriest as a healer to save myself and the group time. After having killed the second boss, easily keeping everyone above 90% with vampiric embrace, i got voted out, no word ever spoken at any time of the dungeon. So i insulted one guy of what i identified as a guildgroup and got kicked out of the game in less than 5 seconds.
    What happened was that i was previously getting those lfr reports and now that one wisper report was getting me over the threshold giving me an instant silence.

What various people in this thread seem not to understand is the instantanious effect of a silence, EVEN if it is revokeable later. Essentially you can propose a target in a discord, so it's not readable by Blizzard, and severely restrict someone elses ability to interact with others.
    Don't like a competing guild to advertise their boost for gold in tradechat - report - be the only guild to sell argus now.
    Don't like a competing guild to be able to use weakauras that require say/wisper/raidwarning - report - sabotage complete
    Be a despicable person that gets pleasure out of the misery of others? Pick a random target - report - he won't even know who reported him
    Just don't like someone - report - it's just a prank bro

What bothers me about the system is the instant damage it causes. Yes you can still play the game, but you want to interact with other players. The game is social, afterall
    Also don't have the penalty active while you are in a raid with your own guild. That just makes no sense, they choose to raid with you, there is no possible benefit of being silenced in a full guildgroup.

Deleted
    The testimony of those here who have had this issue personally holds more credibility than those who have never came into contact with this issue and still feel they know what they're talking about.

People who have never been silenced seem to know more about silencing than people that have? Seems off to me.
    Because you forget that people usually lie about the reason why they got banned or in this case silenced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bovidae View Post
    Also don't have the penalty active while you are in a raid with your own guild. That just makes no sense, they choose to raid with you, there is no possible benefit of being silenced in a full guildgroup.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20177161
    Silenced Players Are Able to: Party/Raid Chat (with Invited Players)

Deleted
    Blizzard adding a tool into the game that will auto silence players yeah no way that could ever be misused

you see all the GM tickets i posted right?????????

i would love for Blizzard to display everything that was reported for so i could show everybody that i'm being silenced for talking in 3rd person and broke the ToS zero times
    I don't think anyone is denying that the tool can't be misused, but that's up to blizzard decide how to handle that. They are just saying that you are most likely silenced for a good reason, not because of some abuse, and that conclusion I must draw too by reading your tickets and behavior in this thread. What comes to abuse, there are multiple different ways to prevent it. E.g if you report too much your reports are pretty much void, ignoring reports from players in same guild etc. It takes time to fix these issues and that's why they have to supervise the system by some way.

By the way why do you keep crying about ToS. It has nothing to do with it. The current system let's players moderate public chats and pretty much define our own rules what's considered spamming. They are not terminating your license, just silencing you in game and they are still reverting obvious cases as they have pointed in your tickets too, but overall they let players to decide how you should behave public chat. As I have said previously, I don't think that's a good system, because I think ignore is enough, but if you don't like it, you don't have to use the public chats. You are free to argue though that you don't think the system is good, but I don't think you are doing good job in this thread.

Deleted
    Because you forget that people usually lie about the reason why they got banned or in this case silenced.
    They still hold more credibility.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20177161

im talking about say/wisper with people while in the raid/party in an instance. both are disabled. talking in raid/groupchat is possible when invited

Deleted
    They still hold more credibility.
    More credibility than who?

Their credibility without proof is same as these guys here: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/

But I guess they are all just wrongfully banned.

so i guess your blind and cant see the GM's constantly saying its not them making the choice

do you understand what "unnecessary chatter" refers to?? there is nothing in the ToS about it if i had broken the ToS they would not refer to it as "Unnecessary chatter"

- - - Updated - - -

next time your having a fight with people in trade chat let everyone know if 10 people click on your name and select report language you will be instantly kicked out of the game and silenced

it has not happened to you because most players don't understand the power has been given to them

anyway let me know how that turns out for you
    Why are you having a fight with people in trade? And what are you doing to get people to hate you? If you would spend some time stopping being a douche then you will realise that you are the problem. No one gets a silence by being the good guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    I was reading the blue tracker and saw the one about "Why is silencing a thing?" After reading it I jumped to the official forums to read some of the other responses and I saw that Ythisens response had been edited from to by someone else "Bornakk".

The difference is the removal of the sentence "I'd also like to remind everyone that again, the silence is not automatic. Every single one of them is reviewed by a Game Master before the penalty is actually applied." This implies that the silences are indeed automated.

Now I don't disagree with the automation, but I don't think it have been confirmed elsewhere before?
    As I've been silenced in game while a GM was personally contacting me, I'd say it is automated.
    I used the fact that I was talking to a GM when the silence was applied to win the appeal of said silence.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why are you having a fight with people in trade? And what are you doing to get people to hate you? If you would spend some time stopping being a douche then you will realise that you are the problem. No one gets a silence by being the good guy.
    Why do you want to play a mmo where everyone is confined to acting the same way? How about instead of having content police you simply buy skyrim and leave us alone?