Will the Burning of Teldrassil be a prepatch-only event?

I'm wondering because it looks like both mounts will be coming from there, not the Siege of Undercity. I wouldn't want it to be time restricted, but if it is we should know it, so we have time to prepare a DH in advance and snag the opposite faction mount.

The questchain contains multiple lines of unique voiceover and a (ingame)cinematic. Those things are expensive to make and afaik Blizzard has never before invested such effort in temporal content. I think both this questchain and the Lordaeron scenario will stay open, just as Broken Shore is still open for lvl100 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The questchain contains multiple lines of unique voiceover and a (ingame)cinematic. Those things are expensive to make and afaik Blizzard has never before invested such effort in temporal content. I think both this questchain and the Lordaeron scenario will stay open, just as Broken Shore is still open for lvl100 chars.
    I sincerely hope so, but the Broken Shore equivalent is the Siege of Undercity. The two aren't connected in a single scenario from what it seems. Legion had the invasions as a prepatch-only event, and those had a ton of unique voiceovers and scripting too. Cata had the Echo Isles and Gnomeregan, MoP had the destruction of Theramore (available as a scenario later, but without the unique rewards), etc. I guess the question is whether or not the quest chain can be done on BFA Beta or only on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I sincerely hope so, but the Broken Shore equivalent is the Siege of Undercity. The two aren't connected in a single scenario from what it seems. Legion had the invasions as a prepatch-only event, and those had a ton of unique voiceovers and scripting too. Cata had the Echo Isles and Gnomeregan, MoP had the destruction of Theramore (available as a scenario later, but without the unique rewards), etc. I guess the question is whether or not the quest chain can be done on BFA Beta or only on the PTR.
    Yes, you are right, the Invasions had unique voiceover from the zone-specific announcer-NPCs...some of which we never heard voiceover before. My bad.

whether or not the quest chain can be done on BFA Beta or only on the PTR.
    Can be done on beta.

Mmmm, it really does sound like "The War of the Thorns" might me a pre-expansion event a la Bombing of Theramore, thus limited.

I hope not tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Can be done on beta.
    Horde side only has part 1 unlocked of teldrassil burning so far on beta at least

How does Theramore work these days? Does it just change when you hit a certain level?

I think it does. If not, then only after doing the scenario from MoP