Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    .. or hire a hunter for misdirection. Or two. So you have misdirection every pull. With a rotation.
    Well, people can't have a hunter to babysit all the time. Besides, I would be tempted to make the hunter MD the one I hate in a group.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yes it is.
    Threat can be fun for tanks who enjoy that challenge, sure. It sucks for classes with no way to manage their threat other than stopping autoattack and /dance.

That's pretty much everybody except priests, rogues, and hunters at this point, because all those threat management tools were taken out of the game and not replaced in 8.0.

This really burns pugs at both ends. You'll have less tanks willing to pug because it's harder and pug DPS often vastly outgears the tank. So longer queue times. And the pug experience will be worse for heals and DPS due to those queue times and most classes have no way to control their threat beyond stopping attacking so the overall gameplay sucks. Not a problem in guild groups, but a huuuuuge one in pugs.

I expect hunters to be really strong this expansion.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-06-25 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be trolling. Be nice to people.
    I am relatively nice to people until the wrong kind tends to run ahead and do shit. Or worse, die and blame others. It is a quite common thing lately.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

.. or hire a hunter for misdirection. Or two. So you have misdirection every pull. With a rotation.
    Only MM hunter, as BM generates such little threat from the player vs the pet that the spec might as well not even be there. Unless they changed SV, that spec won’t even have MD. So pretty much Rogue only if you look at every spec capable of ToT vs MD.

Im not going to stop attacking if the tank tells me to stop attacking
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Im not going to stop attacking if the tank tells me to stop attacking
    Then the tank will complain, the healer will let you die, and then they'll kick you.

Tanks do about 1/2 the damage that dps do. That is more than enough to keep threat on mobs with them getting 3x the aggro. Just can't have the dps run ahead of the tanks like they do now. Its easy, give the tank a few seconds and you won't have to worry about threat. Rogues and Hunters can help too. Tricks and Misdirection will increase the demand for those 2 classes I would think. More reason to bring a rogue to an M+ is a good thing, I hate spending 30 min trying to get into a pug on my rogue cause rogues are useless and then always being the top damage in the runs I do get in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Then the tank will complain, the healer will let you die, and then they'll kick you.
    It's an M+. No one is kicking anybody. The dps will whine the tank sucks, then the tank will leave and the key will be depleted. OR the tank will take it, then decide to never tank again.

In m+, yeah. Either way it will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Kick me out of a M+
    ayy lmao k

It'll just force closer ilvl gaps, if your DPS are not heavily outgearing the tank it won't be a problem.

Deleted
    Kick me out of a M+
    ayy lmao k
    I've kicked people on several occasions for being toxic to other people in the group when helping friends with their weekly. If you can't be civil then don't say anything at all. Tanks can solo +15 anyway and I'd rather have a slightly longer and more pleasant run than one filled with a toxic-spewing garbage.

In the hypothetical situation of you over-aggroing the tank because you can't control your damage, that really resolves itself as you'll die thus slowing down the whole run for everyone, costing your group even more time than if you had paid attention to your threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine Wren View Post
    I've kicked people on several occasions for being toxic to other people in the group when helping friends with their weekly. If you can't be civil then don't say anything at all. Tanks can solo +15 anyway and I'd rather have a slightly longer and more pleasant run than one filled with a toxic-spewing garbage.

In the hypothetical situation of you over-aggroing the tank because you can't control your damage, that really resolves itself as you'll die thus slowing down the whole run for everyone, costing your group even more time than if you had paid attention to your threat.
    Paying attention to threat should not even be a thing.
    Ever.
    This isnt fucking vanilla anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Good. The game needs less emphasis on pugging, and more on guild content.
    That's what Blizz said in Cata, we know how that one turned out.

Stop living in some sort of pipe dream where the playerbase will improve. It won't, it will just quit doing these activities, tanks will say fuck it to tanking for pugs that rush in and DPS will hate bad/undergeared tanks that can't hold aggro. I won't be affected because I rarely ever pug M+ but I'm under no illusion that I am or will be in the majority.

Lot of people are focusing on damage dealers vs tanks, but keep in mind some during back to back pulls healers are still healing the group from the last pull meaning any Crit healing or rolling hots has the potential to draw aggro off of the tank. It has the possibility to not only be “don’t dps a few seconds” to “don’t pull any pack for a few seconds until everyone is healed up and then wait a few seconds to dps.”
    Obviously need to wait and see how it pans out but keep in mind damage isn’t the only role that has to deal with a lot of reduced threat from tanks.

Yeah this was dumb to do. There are barely any tanks as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I don't think so. DPSers will learn to attack only skull targets. same as before legion.
    People don't pull a few mobs at a time in m+. If you're trying to push you pull like 5+ packs together and kite.

Paying attention to threat should not even be a thing.
    Ever.
    This isnt fucking vanilla anymore
    Blizzard seems to be implementing vanilla-styled mechanics and gameplay overall in order to have enough substance to draw the crowd that will be either disappointed or oversaturated by Classic.

Tank threat, the GCD changes, the new leveling system, stat squishes, hampering the quicker completion of world quests, the pruning of abilities and so on all speak in favour of this.

I never understood why people hated the thought of DPS not being simple button mashing, and actually having to have common-sense and pay attention to their surroundings.

Not to turn this into a LFR thread, but literally the second or third week of LFR opening, I logged in, seen the abomination that raiding (I don't care if it was meant to be completed by *everyone*) has become where you literally (do people still dispute this like they used to?) could have half the group go AFK and you still collect loot, and promptly unsubscribed.
    Last edited by alturic; 2018-06-26 at 02:36 AM.

Deleted
    Stop crying. And enjoy the game.

Kick me out of a M+
    ayy lmao k
    You one of those dps that starts dpsing the first pack while tank is mounted and bodypulls some stuff? As a healer, I just love to let you die, and as a tank, I just love to let you tank that shit, and listen to your bitchy moans. You're the group clown, so thanks for contributing for the laughs