Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

is China and India in a high population crisis??

imgur.com/QhOHour

Both of them have over 1.3 billion people and alot are complaining about the ammount of resources needed to supply this population. China just recently also removed the 1 child policy so imagine in future how big the number will get!!

is China and India at risk in the future for the ever growing mass population??

Yes!

Why do you think China is building artificial islands and saying its sovereign territory!

Iam just glad my liver is most likely gonna fail in the next 5 years cause this world is heading toward WW3 and boy do i not want to be alive when that happens LOL

Pretty sure China's population is expected to rise 'slightly' to like 1.5 billion and then plummet because of it's growing middle class. India's middle class isn't growing nearly as fast so it's population will overtake China and then some (like 2 blllion).

The amount of people won't cause anymore issues for the world than they do now, but when the middle class grows it will with their demand for luxury goods and services. Still, technology advances all the time so I wouldn't predict resource wars between the major powers anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    India probably is. China not so much: in fact, they need to increase birth-rate a bit so they e.g. removed their one-child policy.

China now has 33 million more men than women, it makes it hard to get a date.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

China and India's populations are expected to stabilise and then slowly decrease as more people move from poverty to middle class. The biggest issues in the future lie in Africa where it's anticipated the population explosion will continue unabated as poverty is expected to remain longer. So long term no, it isn't a crisis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    China now has 33 million more men than women, it makes it hard to get a date.
    One more thing which will be remedied with the removal of one child policy.

Deleted
    The economy will deal with China. The real issue however is Africa, that has been unchecked for far to long. High population, and some of the most dangerous and non curable diseases known to mankind. Ebola, aids, super aids, sars, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    That's ignoring the preference for having sons.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    That's ignoring the preference for having sons.
    they'll have to throw that out of the window too. by the way: who they were expecting to provide brides to their sons in the first place ?
    those families with daughters will now be on top and able to chose whose family tree will bloom or wither.

Deleted
    Well my concern is that once A.I takes over most jobs, the chinese people will be screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    Yes!

Why do you think China is building artificial islands and saying its sovereign territory!

Iam just glad my liver is most likely gonna fail in the next 5 years cause this world is heading toward WW3 and boy do i not want to be alive when that happens LOL
    No, not in the close...far future. Africa is a huge empty land with no factions that matter. When the West runs out of stuff, they will turn their attention on Africa.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it's a population crisis in the sense that there isn't enough food. The extra resources needed for a middle class lifestyle will probably become a bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by riskyrisk01 View Post
    Well my concern is that once A.I takes over most jobs, the chinese people will be screwed.
    Not anytime soon. People will invent new jobs as simpler tasks are automated.

Neither has a population crisis. The "Population Bomb" stuff from the 1970s was thinly veiled racism.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    China and India's populations are expected to stabilise and then slowly decrease as more people move from poverty to middle class. The biggest issues in the future lie in Africa where it's anticipated the population explosion will continue unabated as poverty is expected to remain longer. So long term no, it isn't a crisis.
    Actually Africa currently has a larger middle class than India with roughly the same population and that's only set to increase.

Generally speaking, the issue isn't population but how we use resources. Current forms of energy and agricultural usage is unsustainable.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-06-30 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Actually Africa currently has a larger middle class than India with roughly the same population and that's only set to increase.

Generally speaking, the issue isn't population but how we use resources. Current forms of energy and agricultural usage is unsustainable.
    Yep. Subsaharan Africa has pretty well plummeted in birth rate, although the total population may rise with life expectancy rising.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...N?locations=ZG

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    India has a population crisis. Their population is still growing too fast and the male/female ratio is too skewed.

There were so many people everywhere I went in India. It’s insane. They’re so cramped that privacy is non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Neither has a population crisis. The "Population Bomb" stuff from the 1970s was thinly veiled racism.
    If European countries had such dangerous population numbers and Asians commented that there was a population crisis in Europe, it would not be called "thinly veiled racism." China and India are overpopulated. That is fact.

As if. The removal of the one child policy was an absolute failure to the CPC. It turns out that people just don't like having kids now.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: India probably does have a population crisis. But more of its problems come from how divided its population is and the state being absent or abusing various villages.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienated Liberal Mitten View Post
    As if. The removal of the one child policy was an absolute failure to the CPC. It turns out that people just don't like having kids now.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: India probably does have a population crisis. But more of its problems come from how divided its population is and the state being absent or abusing various villages.
    Didn't China already raise the pay incentive for having multiple children like 4 or 5 times now? And people are still not having more children?