Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Do you know what restore means? They wouldn't need to pull in someone for graphics if they were leaving it as is.

These are the job responsibilities:
    -Restore old models and animations
    -Re-implement old shader behavior
    -Transform database data
    -Build classic UI elements
    -Repackage binary distributions
    -Work closely with artists to revive the classic game elements

If anything I'd argue this confirms a remastered toggle. You don't need to restore old models to have them work on the modern system (see: centaur, gnolls, most vanilla robots, wyrmkin, etc. Which all use Vanilla models in the modern game). You also don't need to work with artists (read: what you do to concept and make new models) if all you are doing is re-implementing existing models into the modern framework.

"build classic UI elements" suggests they are rebuilding the UI in higher quality, something unnecessary if you are keeping the same old graphics for everything else, because you don't want a brand new high res version of the Vanilla UI making it even more obvious that the stuff on the other side of the UI is out of date.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Ha ha ha! I guess some people cannot respect a different opinion. I guess we'll see when Classic goes into beta/release.
    If you could actually support your opinion with something other than baby dribble then you may get respect but when all logic and evidence points the other direction you opinion is obviously wrong........just like your July release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    If you could actually support your opinion with something other than baby dribble then you may get respect but when all logic and evidence points the other direction you opinion is obviously wrong........just like your July release date.
    You are too kind! Well I'll take that as affirmation I was right. July hasn't come and gone yet!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yes it does.
    No. No it doesn't.

I really hope they keep the old lighting. I loved in vanilla how the back of your character would light up. Plus look at the coloring of Vanilla. Sure live has nice graphics, but the coloring and world just look cooler with the old lighting..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    The art restoration reminded me of this; a perfect example of what we don't want.
    but no one ever considered that restoration except for the dumb old cow who vandalised the artwork.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard