Moonglade in BfA?

Anyone seen any hints as to whether the events of BfA will be reflected in Moonglade? On the one hand, I know many zones are typically left uninvolved in new expansions, but in this case it seems like there would be at least some reaction. Even if Moonglade manages to remain a neutral zone, Malfurion is involved in the war.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I was wondering the same thing, but I really doubt that we’ll see any difference in Moonglade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Thus far Moonglade is more or less untouched by the goings-on of BfA. Unsure if that status quo will change in later content patches or updates, but as of 8.0 it's not involved with what happens to Teldrassil.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Similar to Quel'thalas, Moonglade and Azuremyst Isles, will be left untouched by what's happening in BfA

Ingame? Yeah, as said above we won't see anything happen.

In lore I hope it's at least mentioned, after all this is the first time Malfurion (presumably fed up with all the "fan art" of him just watching) has actually taken up arms against the Horde since they've "redeemed" themselves through Grom's insatiable, barbaric bloodthirst. The leader of a neutral organization has taken up arms against one of the two factions! This has never happened befor-- Oh right. Nevermind.

I'm just curious as to whether they'll make out Malfurion's choice to be wrong because he's Alliance or because he's a male night elf that isn't Illidan.

there are 2 possibilities

most likely its inconvenient to remember that the cenarion circle exists so blizzard will pretend it doesn't for the duration. after all if we think about them we start to come up with all kinds of crazy questions about horde druids and neutrality in the face of the horde literally attacking nature itself that people have been asking through the entire beta but blizzard have never thought of answering

however since its blizzard there's another alternative which is that it gives them another chance to kill night elves en-masse. so maybe we will see a scenario there where sylvanas arrives to kill all the night elf druid npcs there while the tauren druids hold them down with entangling roots. the player will get to put a horde flag in the middle of the big druid hall there. note that after this the cenarion circle will still be neutral and in a following q&a ion will say that they "definitely have their eye on the horde... very closely... just in case they step out of line..."

blizzard loves either of these approaches so it's hard to say which they will go with

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's burned to the ground with all the druids in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    however since its blizzard there's another alternative which is that it gives them another chance to kill night elves en-masse. so maybe we will see a scenario there where sylvanas arrives to kill all the night elf druid npcs there while the tauren druids hold them down with entangling roots. the player will get to put a horde flag in the middle of the big druid hall there. note that after this the cenarion circle will still be neutral and in a following q&a ion will say that they "definitely have their eye on the horde... very closely... just in case they step out of line..."
    Morally ofc
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    there are 2 possibilities

most likely its inconvenient to remember that the cenarion circle exists so blizzard will pretend it doesn't for the duration. after all if we think about them we start to come up with all kinds of crazy questions about horde druids and neutrality in the face of the horde literally attacking nature itself that people have been asking through the entire beta but blizzard have never thought of answering

blizzard loves either of these approaches so it's hard to say which they will go with
    I like your idea better, lets go with that

We see Cenarion circle in Silithus trying to fix the big hole. Guess they're in for surprise once they return home lel.

In the book, Sylvanas sends Baine (and more Tauren) off to Silithus so he cannot intervene when she commits genocide against the Night Elves. Yet, in the Battle for Lordaeron Baine stands by her side and seems to have far less moral concerns than, say, Saurfang.

I wonder if there is ANY storyline for Baine's reaction in between those two events. I guess not. And this is exactly the same kind of explanation we have to assume they will apply to Moonglade.

This is a perfect exampe why Faction War will always be stupid in WoW: Because they have to half-ass it if they are unwilling to revamp the entire gameworld with all of its factions and most of its characters.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-06-29 at 07:43 AM.