Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Or I. But silly shit happens. I do agree it is not easy to pull the trigger just by clothes getting caught in the trigger, would have to be just the right combination of positions for it to happen. But it could.
    Right that's my only point. I mean anything could happen, I mean a dudes dog shot him also.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dog-shoots-man

But yeah gun goes into a holster it's designed for, the real problem is there are a lot of other things that can happy much easier than this with a gun.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    That lady acted as if she had been through this before. She ran straight to her purse for a bandage and gloves.

Cheers
    Because it is most likely fake.

The woman is walking around doing absolutely nothing. Hears the shot and runs straight to her first aid stuff? C'mon....B movies have better scripting than this. All the while, she already has her latex gloves on....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Then you are woefully uneducated with respect to guns.
    No you are woefully uneducated, and the only reason maybe this hasn't happened to you is luck. It's not magic it's a gun, it's a mechanical object that is designed and operates a certain way. and Provided there is no malfunction. Not being stupid is the only way to prevent this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I don't hate them. I just think the world would be a better place without them. Like the guy in the OP he shouldn't reproduce.
    So you have never fucked up once in your life? Because if you have then you would be at the front of that line.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is not clear from the video what type of firearm or holster he was using. For one, you never have a round in the chamber if the firearm does not have some built in safety features. Like the Glock and several other pistols have a thin, center bar in the trigger which requires the bar to be depressed before the trigger can be depressed. Or a manual safety.

Any holster, needs to completely cover the trigger. Using a holster not designed for the pistol you are carrying, is asking for trouble. Also not using any holster automatically makes it unsafe when carried if a round is chambered. Firearms are dangerous tools and deserve a lot of respect. Just like chain saws.
    The articles I've read about it says the gun is alleged to be a glock. The dude is in stable condition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit. Anyone who believes being careless with a firearm can’t lead to an accidental discharge, as you do, shouldn’t be touching a loaded weapon.
    That isn't what I said at all. Careless yes, that's my point, but it isn't easy. You are trying conflict issues, because you're trying to deflect from your previous position that this is easy.

No sticking a fucking gun in your pants and shooting your dick, isn't an easy thing to do. this dipshit not only did that but he fucking bents over along with a lot of other silly stupid shit if you watched the clip you will see.

This guy wasn't innocent, he is a moron, his bad habits allowed for this to happen, and even if he has done this kind of shit 100 times before, I guarantee if it's with your mind set, neither him nor you should be anywhere near a firearm.

GP was 100% correct, when you are done the gun goes into a holster, whether the safety is on or not, and it most certainly doesn't go into your dick.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    most guns don't have a "safety" as such (glock for example), but any idiot knows you get a holster that makes pulling the trigger impossible unless its out of it.
    This is stupid as fuck
    Yes, Glocks Have Safeties. Although they're known for their simplicity, 99 percent of Glock handguns actually sport three safety mechanisms: trigger safety, firing pin safety and drop safety.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's incredibly easy for humans to be careless. Hence all the mistakes people make...
    No it's not easy, this is a culmination of bad habits and plain stupidity. He could have done the same thing a 100 times and the gun didn't go off, the problem is probably that it didn't so he got used to doing that stupid shit.

Nevermind regardless to the 100 other times, he is an idiot for what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    they don't have a safety as in a switch (other than the military version of the 19x, but the civilian one omits that), which is obviously what the OP meant.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    For anyone wondering, the safety is the thing that protrudes from the trigger, the button on its right is the mag catch, the lever directly above it is the slide stop, and the switch-like thing directly below of "auto" is the slide lock (which often gets mistaken for a safety).

The fuck is wrong with people tucking loaded guns into their pants.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Do we really need a thread for a video of somebody shooting himself in the groin?
    I've been watching that happen since 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he died. Stupid people should automatically bleed to death.
    Glass houses there Shinra...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I hope he died. Stupid people should automatically bleed to death.
    You defend a lot of stupid people, be careful what you wish for Mr Hypocrite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Afraid you can't handle one without shooting yourself?
    Yeah. Myself or others.

Bullets have a vector of projection, that does not care for fleshy things.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Deleted
    If only his groin had a gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    If only his groin had a gun.
    Mine has a pump action "gun".

Pretty much this. If you are going to carry concealed you are taking on a larger responsibility than many realize.
    (This was a reply to Ghostpanther , hehe wrong button)

This is why ongoing training , knowledge are so critical .
    People have "AD's" (accidental discharge ...of a firearm your pervs from almost ANY type of firearm. It was happening with revolvers, I am fairly certain it was happening with Single shot pistols as well.
    Ignorant and stupid isn't unique to one set of humans or one particular time in human history.

Side note
    Carrying one in the chamber isn't really an issue WHEN you know your weapons system, Know the correct way to position it on your body with the specific type of holster you have, if that position works in accordance with your body type and clothing.
    Be informed,Be trained, Be consistent in your training
    Pretty much applies to all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Wishing death on someone for a stupid mistake is one of the most fucked up things you've said so far. I'm impressed and scared.
    There are "stupid mistakes" and then there are "stupid mistakes". This is "bathing with toasters" level of dumb, and pretty much deserves to win a darwin award.

I mean, this is the kind of careless shit on someone's part that can get OTHER people killed. That kind of shit straight up should never be tolerated.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2018-06-25 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Mine has a pump action "gun".
    I heard it shoots blanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I heard it shoots blanks.
    God, I hope so.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    God, I hope so.
    You sure? I had a co worker who got a vasectomy and a year or so later, got his wife pregnant and he thought she cheated on him. He was tested again and they found he had a third tube for sperm which they had missed.

I have some rounds which looking at them casually, they appear to be .38 cal. spent casings. However, they are not, as the projectile fits flush with the end of the casing, which are designed to be knock down rounds, with little penetration. Good thing I know they are that way and do not mix them with spent casings which I might use for trigger practice with a older revolver.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams