Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    No what I want is for this guy not to control the bodies of others. No one is forcing him to perform the abortion, what I am saying is for the guy to do his job and not try to control a woman's body. Abortion is legal and this was a drug prescribed legally by a doctor to terminate a fetus that was never going to be born. If this guy can't do his job then he should quit. In fact the Supreme Court just said religious groups can lie and misinform people into believing they are a full woman's health care center while instead they pressure, intimidate, and scare you into having the pregnancy. So what if the 8th Commandment says not to lie those are pesky little guidelines anyway.
    I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I don't think what the guy did is okay, but he's also not really trying to control that woman's body. He just doesn't want to be part of something he's completely against. Imagine if you traveled in a Sharia law country and people asked you to push a homosexual off a rooftop, if you don't do it, people would talk about you the same way you talk about this guy right now. You wouldn't be trying to take control of anything, you would only be trying not to be part of something you don't believe in, same for this guy, he doesn't care about controling others, he just doesn't want to be part of (what in his mind is) killing a baby (even if the pregnancy couldn't come to term, irrelevant in his beliefs).

Just saying this is not about controling others, it's about sticking to his own belief system. The same counter argument could be made about the women trying to force this man to ba part of something he doesn't want to be a part of. In our society we consider many working people to be at our service because of the extremely wrong saying "the customer is king". There's a lot of shit these people have to put up with just because a large amount of customers are total douche. Now, again, that's not the situation here, I'm just saying this because that's where our own societal belief of professional servitude comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yes, because "pro life" rightwingers tried to use that tactic to backdoor in the concept of fetal personhood.
    I don't know about pro life rightwingers trying to use tactics but a man killed a pregnant woman in a drunk driving car wreck and the DA charged him with 2 counts of murder and a jury convicted him of both counts.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Pharmacists in these situations are often idiots that have a bad attitude because of the privilege granted by the state to sell medicines.

In this instance it would have been right to jail the staff for not doing their job properly and harming the public.