Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit. I wanted the Jazz to be stuck with the Blazers in round one. I don't feel like watching James Harden pay off the refs for x games. Didn't even bother watching today since Joe Ingles was the only starter playing (gotta keep that ironman streak alive).

just so happy my raptors are going to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    just so happy my raptors are going to the finals.
    Bucks > Raptors ! That will be a good series.

Unfortunately Im a Knicks fan so im just looking forward to the draft/off season. lol

no playoff picks this year?

Bucks in 4
    Celtics in 6
    Sixers in 5
    Raptors in 5

Warriors in 4
    Rockets in 5
    Blazers in 7
    Spurs in 6
    Last edited by sheffield; 2019-04-12 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You can't make this shit up...

10+ Year Old Account
    im ready for some fresh ty lue gifs

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyz View Post
    Bucks > Raptors ! That will be a good series.

Unfortunately Im a Knicks fan so im just looking forward to the draft/off season. lol
    raps probably lose Kawhi if they miss the finals so they're extra motivated but those bucks have a really good chance at it

GSW in 4
    HOU in 4
    POR in 7
    SAS in 7

MIL in 4
    BOS in 5
    PHI in 5
    TOR in 4

I hope my Spurs make a decent run this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    no playoff picks this year?
    @Blueobelisk ??? you run this, so do you have the energy to do it again this year or...?

In sad news, Celtics lost 3 pingpong ball fights and will end up with the lowest possible picks in all 3 situations and the Grizzlies pick ended up 8th, which means NO team can jump the Grizzlies or they move down to 9th or more and the pick conveys (which the Celtics do NOT want, cause then they add a 4th pick this year, instead of spreading them out to next year and maybe beyond).

With some luck the Grizzlies just jump a spot or 2 and make this a sure thing. The lottery to decide that won't be for a while yet though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    I hope my Spurs make a decent run this year.
    I like their chances against Denver, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why Walton is getting dumped. Dude's been coaching a broken team.

I don't know if I have the time to be fully involved this year. I can set up the spreadsheet and give someone else edit rights if someone else wants to help. Ill do that tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I set the sheet up, but someone else will have to take it over. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I can also just make it so that anyone can edit it, if you guys really want. Otherwise someone should PM me with their email address so I can add them as an editor of the spreadsheet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't know if I have the time to be fully involved this year. I can set up the spreadsheet and give someone else edit rights if someone else wants to help. Ill do that tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I set the sheet up, but someone else will have to take it over. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I can also just make it so that anyone can edit it, if you guys really want. Otherwise someone should PM me with their email address so I can add them as an editor of the spreadsheet.
    I do not have the time to deal with this or I would have offered in the first place. I hope someone is willing to do the work, cause it is usually quite fun to follow along and have some rooting interest in other games.

My picks, in case someone is the hero we need:

GSW in 5
    HOU in 6
    OKC in 6
    SAS in 6

MIL in 4
    BOS in 6
    PHI in 7
    TOR in 5

10+ Year Old Account
    MIL in 4
    TOR in 4
    PHI in 6
    BOS in 6
    GSW in 4
    DEN in 5
    OKC in 6
    UTA in 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Philly is getting clobbered and is playing disjointed. Nothing really going their way, and Embiid doesn't seem himself (yet?).

- - - Updated - - -

Deep into the 4th, and still much the same. Philly looks BAD, and is down 14, at home.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Blueobelisk I hope you got those playoff tickets before today's game if you were going to go, cause I highly suspect the price of them is going to go through the roof after this game.

Sixers were outmatched today and they'll need a seriously better plan for the next game or this series might take a really bad turn for them.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Philly is getting clobbered and is playing disjointed. Nothing really going their way, and Embiid doesn't seem himself (yet?).

- - - Updated - - -

Deep into the 4th, and still much the same. Philly looks BAD, and is down 14, at home.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Blueobelisk I hope you got those playoff tickets before today's game if you were going to go, cause I highly suspect the price of them is going to go through the roof after this game.

Sixers were outmatched today and they'll need a seriously better plan for the next game or this series might take a really bad turn for them.
    I guess it's hard to disagree that they could use a better game plan, but it unfortunately won't happen with Brett Brown. But they shouldn't need it against the Nets. They're a far more talented team than the Nets and they simply need to make more than 69% of their FTs and 12% of their 3s and they won't lose games like this. And I don't mean to disrespect the Nets because they're clearly a better coached and more cohesive team who are probably a piece away from doing some real damage (why would someone choose the Knicks over these guys in FA?), but the talent gap is what it is.

with that said, if the Sixers get past the Nets, that whole piss poor game plan thing is going to get them swept by the Raptors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I guess it's hard to disagree that they could use a better game plan, but it unfortunately won't happen with Brett Brown. But they shouldn't need it against the Nets. They're a far more talented team than the Nets and they simply need to make more than 69% of their FTs and 12% of their 3s and they won't lose games like this. And I don't mean to disrespect the Nets because they're clearly a better coached and more cohesive team who are probably a piece away from doing some real damage (why would someone choose the Knicks over these guys in FA?), but the talent gap is what it is.

with that said, if the Sixers get past the Nets, that whole piss poor game plan thing is going to get them swept by the Raptors.
    Agreed with everything you said. I knew the Nets would give the Sixers trouble, but I did not expect them to beat them in Philly. This might legit get Brett Brown fired if it goes to 7. (which you can argue might be a good thing if you can replace him with a better coach and do better next year.)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Agreed with everything you said. I knew the Nets would give the Sixers trouble, but I did not expect them to beat them in Philly. This might legit get Brett Brown fired if it goes to 7. (which you can argue might be a good thing if you can replace him with a better coach and do better next year.)
    I'd hope that anything less than an ECF appearance gets him fired. Or maybe a competitive series against the Raptors. Anything less and I'd be shocked and confused if they kept him around. It boggles my mind how someone who spent 12 years with the Spurs could learn nothing from the greatest coach of all time.

But if you guys ever get tired of Brad Stevens, you just put him on that hour flight to Philly and we'll give him a new home

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    But if you guys ever get tired of Brad Stevens, you just put him on that hour flight to Philly and we'll give him a new home
    The season the Celtics had, after a particularly nasty loss people were even pointing fingers at Brad, so, never say never. That quickly went away again though.

In other news, Toronto is having far more trouble with the Magic than I expected. Haven;t paid much attention to the game till I saw it was an 8 point lead for the Magic at the half, so going to watch the rest a little more closely to see what's up.

- - - Updated - - -

My impression is that Lowry is not really having a good game and that Toronto can be kinda grateful that the refs are not calling more fouls on them for their rough play. Lot of bodies flying around at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems they are calling more fouls both ways the last few min, maybe they realised that the physicality was getting a bit over the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Vaunted Raptors bench not making any difference. That's not a good sign.

- - - Updated - - -

Officiating in this game has been all kinds of bad. They let the players get away with too much, which is leading to some reckless abandon while playing. Now a guy got hit in the face, is bleeding profusely, but the play was let continue and Raptors score on the other end to get ahead again. That should never have happened.

- - - Updated - - -

And now a make up call on the other end keeping ball with Magic. So bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my. MASSIVE 3 by the Magic. 3.5 seconds left in regulation, Raptors need a 3 or they lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Kawhi airballed it! 0.5 sec left, Magic ball.

I don't see how the Raptors still win this one, they need an utter miracle.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't get it. Magic win.

Upsets galore tonight. Hope that doesn't carry over into tomorrow... >.<

Weird day. Lowry must have thought he was playing LeBron with that 0 point effort.

I guess it's Raptors in 5 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hate to say it but all these teams beating Heat to the playoffs turned out much more interesting than I thought

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Well hate to say it but all these teams beating Heat to the playoffs turned out much more interesting than I thought
    I don't think the Pistons will be any good tbh. Blake is hurt and the team needed every bit of luck to even make it into the playoffs and now they have to play what is probably the second best team in the league. Pistons need some kind of voodoo to get past the Bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

This is hilarious: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

Steph Curry, popcorn addict.

- - - Updated - - -

Demar DeRozan went for 18 points and lead his team.
    Kyle Lowry went 0/7 for 0 points.

Guess the Raptors traded the wrong dude...