Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean, really, I think just about everyone who's read "Heir to the Empire" knows that was the next part of the story. The poor decision making started with not going with that.

Also, I thought Solo was actually a decent movie and pretty much what the haters wanted and that, by not going to see it, they kinda shot themselves in the foot. Of course would have preferred Daley's Stars End.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    MMOC isn’t only about starwars so no it’s not quaint is comptly unrelated. The wow fanbase can be toxic to sure but I don’t post all that often in the wow part.
    1 - MMOc isn't about Star Wars, not even one second
    2 - For hanging on the two sides of the fence, Star Wars and Blizzard fanatic (especialy WoW and Hearthstone) are equaly toxic, you could post on the Star Wars forum "not that often" too, but then you can't complain about those people, right?

Quaint it still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Bull fucking shit. I've never seen more entitled fanbase in my life. These "fans" have literally destroyed the life if a child actor. Fuck everything about Star Wars fanbase.
    Wow, the ebil SW fanbase killed someone? are you mentaly unstable?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    /eye roll

suure, couldn't possibly be when it comes to the actual movie franchise George Lucas did more to kill any chances of going off formula than anyone else. but hey, you're free to blame whoever you want.
    The golden age of star wars many would argue is honestly the 90s. When the movies were rereleased the toy sales were insane and shadows of the empire and tons of other great games were being released. Lucas's prequels were still star wars even if he likely wimped on turning jarjar into the mule as seemed to be intended which explains the massive rewrites in Attack of the Clones. TLJ is not Star Wars I don't know what it is other than crap but it isn't Star Wars.

Deleted
    snip
    The quaint one is spoiling, somehow i'm not surprised.

You could learn from bledgor about giving a warning for spoilers by the way, or maybe it's "irrelevant" or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    I mean, really, I think just about everyone who's read "Heir to the Empire" knows that was the next part of the story. The poor decision making started with not going with that.
    Realistically, a big issue would be the precise contracts for the EU novelizations. I don't have them on hand, and I don't know if they were even standardized, but unless they specifically detailed royalty-free use of the written material if it's transposed into other media, then the publisher has a problem; they could either abide by whatever royalty setup the contract had (which could easily be WAY too generous to the author, by comparison to most script writers, especially given that they'd need to hire someone to translate the novel into a script on top of this) or go with a whole new story (which is what they did). I seriously doubt those contracts were written to give Lucas sole control and profit off further use of the material beyond the novelization.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    1 - MMOc isn't about Star Wars, not even one second
    2 - For hanging on the two sides of the fence, Star Wars and Blizzard fanatic (especialy WoW and Hearthstone) are equaly toxic, you could post on the Star Wars forum "not that often" too, but then you can't complain about those people, right?

Quaint it still is.

Wow, the ebil SW fanbase killed someone? are you mentaly unstable?

Ya wow/hearthstone are toxic that’s why I don’t post in the wow section a lot and not at all in hearthstone. And why couldn’t I complain about thoses people? I have no problem complaint to the people here.

Not to mention mmoc has other things like wow news/data mining which is the reason I started coming to the site to begin with a starwars forum wouldn’t have that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    On a scale of 10 to Fox News, how reliable is The Express?
    Pritty reliable usually in the UK. It used to be a broad sheet newspaper if I remember right.

If it was the sun or the daily mail I'd be strongly questioning it but the express is one of the less shit paper's (there all fairly shit so I wouldent rule anything out though)

UK papers.
    Mirror, star, sun = gossip rags it's all about page 3 boobs, sports and crap

Conservative = times, express, telegraph?

Ukip far right ish= daily mail

Liberal wank rag = independant, guardian? Ish
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-06-28 at 07:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The quaint one is spoiling, somehow i'm not surprised.

You could learn from bledgor about giving a warning for spoilers by the way, or maybe it's "irrelevant" or something?
    What am I spoiling with that post? That starwars doesn’t have a ending yet or that thrawn exist?

I'm usually among the first to decry sjw garbage.

BUT: the only thing I take issue with in 7 and 8 is how fast Rey advances in the Force.

Luke had some instruction from Obi-Wan before Obi-Wan died. Between that and training under Yoda, Luke exhibited exactly 2 Force powers: using it to fire a computer unassisted shot at the Death Star, & telekinesis to grab his lightsaber and kill the Wampa coming for him. So Rey's swift advancement was stretching it.

Now, after receiving instruction from Luke, go for it with her I say.

And I had zero problem with Solo. Great film. Rogue One also. " Take care that you do not choke on your aspirations, director." more Vader = swoon
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

They should hire me, I will piss people off less and have no agenda except making awesome ass movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    And I had zero problem with Solo. Great film. Rogue One also. " Take care that you do not choke on your aspirations, director." more Vader = swoon
    Rogue One was actually really awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Should we list more, Hayden Christian also basically left acting after all the hate he got, because he was give a bad script. Daisy Ridley, Kelly Marie Tran both forced to leave social media because "fans" attacked them daily.

Hell on everything Star Wars post on Facebook or Twitter there are a number of "fans" spewing bullshit. It doesn't matter how vanilla it is or if it even has anything to do with their movies. They are exhausting an unrelenting, and I question how big of fans they are if they find a need to crap all over the franchise daily.
    Idk what the fans have to do with anything?

It's the bosses at Disney not the fans firing her. If it up to the fans she would have been hung drawn and quartered after the last jedi not left to screw the lot up.

End of the day she's getting the boot because she's managed to piss off alot of good directors and alot of actor's, miss managed the project. Leaving the SW franchise directed and written by inexperienced directors and acted by b rate actors.

Eod All the sjw shit aside, all the wako bombs in space crap, all the terrible public relations, all of that is secondary to the basic point that as a story the new star wars is shit.

The forbes review pritty much covers exactly why. The plot is just a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The golden age of star wars many would argue is honestly the 90s. When the movies were rereleased the toy sales were insane and shadows of the empire and tons of other great games were being released. Lucas's prequels were still star wars even if he likely wimped on turning jarjar into the mule as seemed to be intended which explains the massive rewrites in Attack of the Clones. TLJ is not Star Wars I don't know what it is other than crap but it isn't Star Wars.
    Not sure how the logic works here but again, to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You have to take trilogies as a whole. The final entry is where they pull this all together and tie everything up with a neat bow. If they don't do that, I'll crap all over it. Until they fail to do so, though, they have time to pull it off, and I can at least see potential reasons for the choices they've made thus far, narratively and thematically.
    You have sound points in what you're saying. My point is that IMO the movie failed to do what you're saying in a way that makes sense and was satisfying to watch. I don't disagree at all with the direction the story was going, what I have issue with is how the movie decided to show it. It's a subjective thing, so if you disagree with me I doubt I'll convince you otherwise. TFA did a lot of building up, and IMO TLJ dropped most of it.

Let me clarify though that I didn't saying finding Luke made both movies mean nothing, I'm saying the driving force of the plot in TFA was to find Luke, only for that central plot point to be almost entirely thrown out the window the same way he tossed away the lightsaber at the beginning. Perhaps that was the point, to ilustrate that Luke as a character means nothing in the overall plot, but in a franchise built upon story telling, I feel they could have done it a lot more elegantly and with more feeling and gravitas than a simple "dafuq is this? /toss" type gag.

I also agree with you on the trilogy being tied up in the end. Episode 9 tying up everything nice and neat won't take away from how much I dislike TLJ though. IMO that movie will always be trash.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2018-06-28 at 08:15 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "and perverts"
    Zooms in on Rich Evans
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    What am I spoiling with that post? That starwars doesn’t have a ending yet or that thrawn exist?
    yes

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nice conspiracy theory.
    I would not say lawyer army of doom... more like a hand on the shoulder, telling him to sell the damn movie.
    Remember that he is Mark Hamill, one of the lead actors in the movie. He is need to SELL the movie, even if he thinks it is pure dogshit. It should even be in his contract.
    So when he is talking about the movie and his arc. Telling everyone that he doesn't recognize Luke Skywalker. Well he is not selling the movie and giving fans concerns and holding up a big red warning sign.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes

10char
    So what are you just trying to troll?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They didn’t throw out the eu so they could push an agenda they threw out the eu because it was garbage and there’s no feasible way to make the post return story lines work as people hate recasting as we can see with solo. Disney has no problem pulling from the eu to flesh out there new canon they just dropped the ball with who ever they got to write the new movies.
    A lot of the storylines from the Star Wars universe set post RotJ are easy to follow. The one that would have been the easiest would have been the Jedi Academy series, because it actually makes a lot more sense than the fabricated bullshit these idiots at Disney put together for a story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That's the problem, it's like of a fat neck beard man took over a company like Barbie or something equally silly. And then made a public announcement "Screw you woman, me going to make your franchise into something men will enjoy because equality and stuff, stop me if you can".

You can't give the middle finger to your fanbase, tell them they don't belong in society unless they embrace ray, and proclaim you are going to go all SJW mode and reboot the entire brand from scratch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    A lot of the storylines from the Star Wars universe set post RotJ are easy to follow. The one that would have been the easiest would have been the Jedi Academy series, because it actually makes a lot more sense than the fabricated bullshit these idiots at Disney put together for a story.
    if it wasn't for the casting herdals they probably would have done some post return stuff but no matter who they get to replace the old cast there gonna get a ton of hate. as far as out of movie stuff goes the old eu has far more fabricated bullshit then the new canon. like soul jumping ghost sith ghost.