Poll: Should Blizzard have the 4 existing allied races unlocked for everyone?

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard should unlock allied races for everyone with the 8.0 patch / bfa launch?

With the 8.0 patch on the way i feel like it would be the perfect moment to unlock the 4 allied races for everyone.

The people who wanted early acces already got them and now its time for everyone to enjoy these races. We payed enough for this expansion to have them included. Blizzard can't actually think that everyone who's coming back for bfa wants to spend their time grinding boring legion content right?

What are your toughts on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. I believe people should actually earn them. They aren't that tough.

We can discuss this better at 9.0, then I might've said yes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    No thank you, the reasons I prepurchased BFA CE were:
    Grinding to unlock allied races so I can prove I am the ultimate nonsub on my server that I refuse to progress past level 20 on
    The stuff in the Physical CE
    Mounts, pets, etc.
    getting to do island expeditions as the ultimate nonsub (And on my level 110 main)
    Did I mention grinding for my allied races like a good little girl?

I don't think they'll remove the grind but I can see them trivialising it: buffing rep gains and so on.

Deleted
    Me and my friends all played alliance in legion and will be switching to horde for bfa. Leveling a horde DH to 110 to unlock the horde races is not a big deal for us since we already have the reputation. I can understand that players who did not play legion wont bother with farming the reputations though so im a bit torn about my opinion about the whole allied race thing. I mean, since we need a max lvl character to unlock them it is essentially a way for blizzard to "force" us into paying for a race change if we don't want to level all the way again. Gating it behind "you must see what lead them into joining the horde/alliance first" could just as well have been done in a scenario available at lvl 1. I will most likely pay for a race change to zandalari once i unlock them, feeling somewhat forced into doing that if i want to play them which is not a nice feeling.

I don't think they should. I also feel like Blizzard DOESN'T want to do this, because it makes players experience older content and it takes time to complete. Time = money for Blizzard.

The real question is: Want to play an Allied Race? Answer: Do the requirements.

Deleted
    I have never tried for exalted on any faction that was a surplus in any expansion. The only ones I have are the horde faction from literally forgetting I have their tabbard on.

Im LAzzzzzzy and play a few hours a night mon - firday

I managed to get Exalted to unlock them all... There is nothing to it! if I can do it anyone can

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. People who buy the game have immediate access to thirteen well rounded and developed races.

Allied races are a bonus, a reward for doing the content. That is the entire point of the allied race system. If you want a particular race badly enough, you will be incentivized to do the content to unlock it. A reward for spending time in the game. The quintessential MMO transaction.

Deleted
    100% yes, unluck that shit, after a quest... if someone returns to the game, he/she should not be forced to go back and grind exp for months to get exaulted, make a quest chain forth story and that's it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    100% yes, unluck that shit, after a quest... if someone returns to the game, he/she should not be forced to go back and grind exp for months to get exaulted, make a quest chain forth story and that's it...
    Grind exp for months? Its about 1-2days easy play for each race.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Absolutely not. People who buy the game have immediate access to thirteen well rounded and developed races.

Allied races are a bonus, a reward for doing the content. That is the entire point of the allied race system. If you want a particular race badly enough, you will be incentivized to do the content to unlock it. A reward for spending time in the game. The quintessential MMO transaction.
    Oh no. The world must be ending... I agree with Obelisk Kai on something. The world's gone mad!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    Oh no. The world must be ending... I agree with Obelisk Kai on something. The world's gone mad!
    Indeed it has, sure there should be a quest chain etc, might even need to be friendly etc, but not ex, to much time consuming for something that is promoted heavily on the game exp pack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardum View Post
    With the 8.0 patch on the way i feel like it would be the perfect moment to unlock the 4 allied races for everyone.

The people who wanted early acces already got them and now its time for everyone to enjoy these races. We payed enough for this expansion to have them included. Blizzard can't actually think that everyone who's coming back for bfa wants to spend their time grinding boring legion content right?

What are your toughts on this?
    Everyone can enjoy them, by finishing the achievements and reputations they require. Neither of which is difficult, except for people who can't be assed to play the game at the most basic level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

This, 100% this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    I have friends that came back to the game, pre-ordered BFA and unlocked allied races with their boosted 110 in 1-2 weeks of casual playing. On what planet is that 'grind exp for months'?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

disclaimer. I have all 4 races unlocked already so its no skin of my back. but i do think that requirements should at least be adjusted. yes, i do think that asking to finish the story makes perfect sense. however... exalted rep requirement needs to be removed IMO. its just arbitrary. finishing the story is enough in terms of learning why these races want to join you now.

when expansion is current - rep grind happens more or less naturally (at the time the races were released, i already had all the requirements done through general play), but forcing people to go out of their way to grind old content in new expansion is just.. why? just remove the rep requirement and leave in story requirement only, IMO.

why? becasue allied races are part of the selling point of NEW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but i think they should make it a bit less grindy, so it can be done in a week tops.

No they shouldn't it's easy enough as it is. Not to mention you don't nee allied races to play whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should it? It is already a feature of Battle for Azeroth, then why should some of the restriction be removed with the actual release of the expansion?
    Highmountain & Nightborne goes as fast as a fly. While I understand the Alliance side, as those factions were introduced in patch 7.3.0, you still manage to get a quite decent flow of reputation by doing miniscule tasks. 2000 rep with both factions each week, WQs, reputation tokens which can be traded amongst characters on your account (mostly a specific WQ reward or invasion point).

It took me 2 weeks nonchalantly doing it.
    All you ever need is a single character who has it at exalted & a level 110 Alliance/Horde character

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the immortal words of Ragnaros: "Too soon!"

We payed enough for this expansion to have them included.
    Every single thing in this game that you do not have when you start your first level 1 toon is locked behind some or other requirement. So this tired and contrived argument that seems to have become popular lately that "we payed for it, it should be unlocked at the start" is silly, illogical nonsense.

Blizzard can't actually think that everyone who's coming back for bfa wants to spend their time grinding boring legion content right?
    You're right. Luckily though, as it just so happens, the vast majority of people coming back for bfa probably played legion enough to fulfil those requirements anyway.
    Secondly, I don't think that Blizzard regards legion content as "boring". So they are more than happy for someone who missed out on it to get to experience it. I mean it's not like people haven't had to grind through "boring" vanilla, tbc, wrath, cata, mop and wod content to level new characters already.....

Ultimately this whole argument is inconsistent anyway. Unlocking the allied races is basically just something to keep you busy. If you're going to moan that you paid for content that you couldn't do because you weren't prepared to do other content that you also paid for, then clearly doing all the content that you paid for isn't really that important.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will have to wait until 9.0 bud.

I hope things like this that all players have to unlock first will never be given for free. I mean draenor and legion pathfiner, allied races etc.