Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warmode, world quest group finder

“When using the Premade Group Finder to search for groups for outdoor activities such as questing or world bosses, you will only see groups containing players who also have War Mode on, unless you return to Orgrimmar or Stormwind to change your status.”

This is a horrible idea. No matter what realm style you choose, you can only see groups that also play that style.

Right now I can see groups from pve and pvp realms, and that works fine.

Why switch this. Just let everyone group together, those that have warmode not active can just watch passively

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    “When using the Premade Group Finder to search for groups for outdoor activities such as questing or world bosses, you will only see groups containing players who also have War Mode on, unless you return to Orgrimmar or Stormwind to change your status.”

This is a horrible idea. No matter what realm style you choose, you can only see groups that also play that style.

Why switch this. Just let everyone group together, those that have warmode not active can just watch passively
    Cause it totally makes sense that people that aren't open for PVP content should be able to just slaughter the PVE content for the people waiting around the edges flagged for pvp so they don't have to do anything....wait.

Dude. Don't like it don't play. WarMode is amazing and will hopefully do wonders for wpvp.

I'm not sure why this is necessary. I don't like it especially for world quests. Why bother allowing pre-120 characters enable it if you discourage it so much for leveling players and even later for max level players doing world quests. This puts gaps between people who want to group for world content. And let's be honest, if you lock away PVP behind group walls there's not gonna be more PVP going on in the world, there's going to be less and as a payer who enjoys PVP as often as it happens, I'm not turning on warmode because it's so damn uncomfortable to use it.

Considering that Group Finder will be mostly useless for world quests in BFA due to recent changes, I don't see a problem.

Blizzard just need to add a mention of Warmode if it's on or off in the group. That way you don't lose your time when you join a World Boss group only to find that you're phased.

How is this not a good thing?

People with warmode off don't want to end up in world pvp fighting for quest objectives. People with warmode on have warmode on, i.e. they've agreed to fight over quest objectives. You can also just change it to off if you're scared of PvP slowing down your world questing and then turn it back on. Why do you want a bunch of PvE people to be sitting around waiting for you to finish fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    Blizzard just need to add a mention of Warmode if it's on or off in the group. That way you don't lose your time when you join a World Boss group only to find that you're phased.
    "you will only see groups containing players who also have War Mode on" i.e. if your warmode is off, you only see groups that are off, and if its on, you only see groups where its on. You can't join in and be phased because you can't see the group to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Couldn't they have just made it so people with warmode off don't have warmode forced on them when joining these groups?

I really don't like how this feature is splitting the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Couldn't they have just made it so people with warmode off don't have warmode forced on them when joining these groups?

I really don't like how this feature is splitting the community.
    This is exactly my point! Thank you for understanding

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine situation:

> I have War Mode on, because I enjoy killing players from another faction.
    > Me and my Horde friends spot Alliance group doing world quest.
    > We try to engage into combat, but what this is? Only 1 player (leader) is from PVP server, rest joined as PVE and you can't even touch them. In WAR MODE.

Great fucking idea guys, they should fire Ion and hire 10/10 designers like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Imagine situation:

> I have War Mode on, because I enjoy killing players from another faction.
    > Me and my Horde friends spot Alliance group doing world quest.
    > We try to engage into combat, but what this is? Only 1 player (leader) is from PVP server, rest joined as PVE and you can't even touch them. In WAR MODE.

Great fucking idea guys, they should fire Ion and hire 10/10 designers like you.
    The problem is that both sides, war mode on and war mode off, will see only half the groups listed for world bosses/quests. In times like now where there are maybe 1-2 groups to queue for, it will be rough. You might not see any during drought times depending on your choice of warmode . This isn’t about killing players, this forum is about the premade finder being cut in half. But feel free to keep insulting

Deleted
    My first reaction also when i saw this was to create a thread about it

Glad to see someone else did already.

I dont know....this seems bad...

Only time will tell if this will actually work out...but it seems bad.

Who cares, turn the Warmode on at launch and then never use it ever again, whats the point of it anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    This only makes sense with the change to pvp. You have to intentionally toggle war mode on to pvp and you are phased from pve players. How would having a group that is half pvp-enabled and half pve-only make any sense.

How is that horrible idea? You have a low geared alt and want to do WQ in peace... Nope join a random group, get flagged and ganked. Now you only join no flagged groups.

Same thing with the opposite, if you join groups in pvp mode because you want to world pvp, you don't want people evading pvp by being unflagged in there, or hopping to pve shard to escape you.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Considering that Group Finder will be mostly useless for world quests in BFA due to recent changes, I don't see a problem.
    It will work just as is does now. You just need to work a bit harder for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It will work just as is does now. You just need to work a bit harder for it.
    May i ask why?

What is happening to group finder in BfA to make it useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    May i ask why?

You have to look for a group with the group finder instead of an addon doing it for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    May i ask why?

Was posted the other day:

• The default UI no longer offers the option to find a group for non-elite quests. The option is still there for Elite quests.
    • Addons can no longer automatically create groups, even with a user pressing the button. The title and description can only be manually filled out.
    • Users will have to manually add a title and create a group for world quests. You can't even paste text into the fields.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    You have to look for a group with the group finder instead of an addon doing it for you.
    pahahahaa, thats funny.

Thats how i always use group finder. I have almost no addons.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ya it's not really a point and shows a gross misunderstanding of the fundamentals of how it works. keep QQing