Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This was in the news the other day, wasn't it? People trying to "normalise" sever overweight and obesity?
    Pretty much, yeah.

The problem with this is that the public healthcare system (Medicare in my case) becomes increasingly strained as the obesity rate increases. You can't have it both ways, folks: if you want the state to help look after your health, you need to do your part for the good of the collective.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    Pretty much, yeah.

The problem with this is that the public healthcare system (Medicare in my case) becomes increasingly strained as the obesity rate increases. You can't have it both ways, folks: if you want the state to help look after your health, you need to do your part for the good of the collective.
    Also hard to be positive about obese people when you see them do the same to their kids so often.

edit: Was eating dinner, some of my appetite went out the window. :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    When I used to smoke cigarettes I was publicly shamed, segregated and ostracised. All my friends and family would constantly wag the finger telling me it was bad for my health. How is being morbidly obese different?
    For some reason substance abuse problems are generally considered unacceptable except when it comes to food. It's not uncommon at all for obese people to be in denial about their calorific intake and health conditions that actually make it insanely easy to gain weight are extremely rare.

I don't see any difference between an alcoholic that swears they only have one beer a day but actually has at least 6 and the obese person that insists they are eating around 1800 calories a day when their weight would make that close to impossible.

Instead of actually holding obese people accountable for their weight there's a movement to argue, somehow that it's actually alright to be obese and it's healthy or something. Considering the masses of evidence indicating all sorts of health problems associated with obesity including diabetes, cancer and heart disease..

I'm not for shaming people but I won't listen to someone insult my intelligence trying to tell me they only eat a couple of small meals or that like so many obese people they all somehow have a 1 in a million glandular problem.

Also you aren't curvy if you are morbidly obese, you are just fat. That's fine but don't try to spin your health problem to sound positive. Accept responsibility for your actions or people might shockingly have an issue with you lying to them.

I guess this is "cool" these days. Showing off that you're fat and needing approval for it.
    "Look at me I'm fat and you all should shut up about it because I'm perfectly normal and happy!"
    Go ahead, be fat, and die early. See if I care.

She'll be dead in a few years and they will need a crane to lift that casket. The sooner the better. The world doesn't need her filth or the people like it.

I like the idea of saying, listen no matter how healthy or unhealthy she is, it's none of your goddamn business.

That said, on a fitness magazine cover she does not belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well there was a thing I really did not need to see.

Yikes, people accept everything these days.
    Clearly, which is why half the people in this thread are not accepting it.

On topic, being pudgy is fine and perfectly natural, and nobody should feel shameful if they aren't thin and toned. However, this woman on the magazine cover isn't pudgy; she's morbidly obese. That is not healthy, no matter what angle you look at it from. When every single conscionable doctor would be giving strict orders to lose weight, NOT embrace it.
    Last edited by Will; 2018-06-30 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    When I used to smoke cigarettes I was publicly shamed, segregated and ostracised. All my friends and family would constantly wag the finger telling me it was bad for my health. How is being morbidly obese different?
    Because you're essentially poisoning those around you via secondhand smoke wherever you go? Smoking is bad for you, it's bad for those around you. Point blank. Obesity harms only her and health insurance premiums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their magazine they can post what they want. It’s not something I read personally so it doesn’t offend me or make me care. So whatever...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Why do people care what other people look like or if they are healthy?

Last I checked we aren't going to live forever anyways. You either race towards the finish line or you "do the speed limit" being as safe as possible. End results are the same.

You're not going to get a statue made of you if you die healthy.

Mind your own.

Except it is everyone's business. Everyone in the US pays for people's health either via higher insurance costs, higher medical costs, or by higher taxes to pay for the uninsured. When someone is blubberous (new word) enough, they will have health issues at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    Iam really drunk right now so does anyone have her number? Oh wow the room is starting to sway.....

who? what? magazine?

just went digital because it's obviously failing and no-one buys their shit, this is obviously why.

health & fitness posting nothing to do with good health or fitness.

i mean it's like a car magazine showing crushed cars being scrapped, whats the fucking point? there's nothing to look at.

Personally, I don't care if they want to have a fat chick on their cover. It does seem to undermine the entire reason for the magazine. Then again, I haven't read that magazine since I was a teenage boy looking for any picture of a hot chick I could get my hands on.

I am enjoying the SJW of the OP. He seems to complain a lot about black people, women, and now fat chicks in the course of his crusade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even i have a limit on letting women be. She needs help.

I love that this cover enrages the usual suspects. Mission accomplished on behalf of the magazine, really.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I love that this cover enrages the usual suspects. Mission accomplished on behalf of the magazine, really.
    Yep. Best way to boost a fledgling online media presence. Controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Yep. Best way to boost a fledgling online media presence. Controversy.
    just like the troll that doesn't see anything wrong with this he doesn't realize that this magazine is grasping by putting her on the cover....lol

the magazine clearly doesn't know the difference between curvy and obese let alone fitness
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

She's either lying about her weight or she's very short. In any case, I think it's irresponsible for a fitness magazine to put her on the cover. You don't need to look like a model to be healthy, both skinny and overweight people can have a poor diet/lack of exercise, and I also don't think appearance is necessarily a good gauge of health. But with all of that being said, she looks unhealthy, even if she claims otherwise.

Thats not curvy thats just obese

I came into this thread expecting a fit as fuck ass to blast woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.