Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MiseryIndex View Post
    Enhance feels better than on live? Is your character on live in random greens? The loss of artifact plus raid gear alone makes any beta character feel slow, but enhancement on BFA compared to live is the exact same problems Enhance had in legion, but with fewer of the QoL improvements offered by artifact traits. There are people who enjoy wallowing in mediocrity and talking about how they were top damage in LFR, so if that's your metric, by all means, have at it.
    Agree. Shamans have always been squishy and the the loss of an OP weapon makes people panic, everyone lost it.

Been playing enhance since BC.

What really bothers me about it, is that it feels incomplete. Now w/Warmode on it does feel like a complete spec.

Right now it is clunky and boring
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

enh are squishy as hell in beta and i copied a 665 ilvl character. at 120 i cryed blood tears because in dustvar 2 mob = dead with earthshied, heal, astral. fortunately the gameplay is decent and still dynamic. the damage.. well not very good but could be worst regarding all we loose with doomhammer.

and if you want switch elemental for lvling elemental spect maelstrom generation and damage are so dynamic as an asthmatic slug! i can kill a damn mob BEFORE have enoth maelstrom to use a single earthshock
    dps spec of shamy are so deep under the sea that we can shack hand with Neptulon himself.

so shamy buddies bind your earth elemental you will use him as never before
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2018-07-16 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    enh are squishy as hell in beta and i copied a 665 ilvl character. at 120 i cryed blood tears because in dustvar 2 mob = dead with earthshied, heal, astral. fortunately the gameplay is decent and still dynamic. the damage.. well not very good but could be worst regarding all we loose with doomhammer.

and if you want switch elemental for lvling elemental spect maelstrom generation and damage are so dynamic as an asthmatic slug! i can kill a damn mob BEFORE have enoth maelstrom to use a single earthshock
    dps spec of shamy are so deep under the sea that we can shack hand with Neptulon himself.

so shamy buddies bind your earth elemental you will use him as never before
    While, I used my Earth Buddy a bit, I think the squishy-mess isn't as bad as what people make it out to be. It teaches you to use your cooldowns and manage your mana and maelstrom efficiently. And if you're patient and get to 330 ilvl you shouldn't struggle too bad anymore.

Try to take it as a positive and use it to learn something new.

I like BfA shaman much more than Legion.

Enchantment having removed couple of buttons feels right considering the slower pace of game in BfA. I felt that it has strangely strong kiting abilities, being able to kill elite mob without going melee at the cost of dps thanks to only some abilities available on 20yd range.

Elemental
    feels far better than in Legion. Despite nerfed maelstrom generators, I like it more thanks to talents such as double overload of free maelstrom cost proc, which btw proc me multiple times 3-4 times in row allowing to spam EQs, the proc was very chaotic, just as the shaman fantasy is, so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that. Besides I never was fan of spaming EQ spell which is >instant cast< and make you stand waiting for gcd instead of smashing buttons.

I don't think it will be particularly desirable class both for M+ and Mythic Raiding, which I intend to play. But I am confident, that if I perform well and have good logs/wowprogress etc. there will be no problem to get invites.

Because lets be honest, unless you aiming for a world top ranks, where you literally need take every single little advantage to push as high as you can, you shouldn't be worried what tier is your fav class in. That little % advantage other classes have over you can be overcome with skill even in myth raiding, unless you really have raid full of people who bash logs with 95+ percentile every kill.

And if you really are committed for top ranks, you are gonna pick class that will enable you this option. Or you just love zaping with that chain lightning and overall the Shaman fantasy. Choose your priorities and all will be good

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Because there is nothing a shaman dps can do that somebody else can't do better. It's been that way since wrath and it looks like bfa will do nothing to change that. We have always been the red head step child of classes, often overlooked and/or forgotten.
    Alongside rogues, warlocks, paladins and every other class that feels shafted at the time.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Spoken like somebody who has truly never mained a shaman
    I played a lot of Shaman - enhance in particular - during the 2nd half of Legion. It's probably my favourite class behind DKs.

That's beside the point though, which is that I've seen many classes being called the "red-headed stepchild" of WoW at some point or another. If anything, the class suffers from a lack of a unified design direction on Blizz's part, but that's not a problem unique to Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by oneclosetothesun View Post
    Because lets be honest, unless you aiming for a world top ranks, where you literally need take every single little advantage to push as high as you can, you shouldn't be worried what tier is your fav class in. That little % advantage other classes have over you can be overcome with skill even in myth raiding, unless you really have raid full of people who bash logs with 95+ percentile every kill.

And if you really are committed for top ranks, you are gonna pick class that will enable you this option. Or you just love zaping with that chain lightning and overall the Shaman fantasy. Choose your priorities and all will be good
    Literally nobody is worried about poor performance in mythic for BfA; there's nothing to suggest our relative performance is gonna change from legion, and if anything the new defensives elemental has received make up for the inferior target swapping and mobility. What we're upset about is a great spec getting dumbed down, which is clearly something that has gone over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    Alongside rogues, warlocks, paladins and every other class that feels shafted at the time.
    Must not keep up to date with class changes and the overhauls and reworks specs get.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

5+ Year Old Account
    From a completely opinion based review of the entire Shaman class on beta, Resto. "appears" to be in a pretty good spot, whilst Enh. & Ele. seem rather lackluster & in need of some serious attention.

Once again however, this is only my personal experience and opinion, as that's obviously all I have to go on, etc.

-Cheers

Hmm how do i put this. Legion enhance was like a wheel bearing. Blizz took away all the little steel balls and left us with the current BFA enhance; a bushing. Sure it can rotate just like a bearing but it's nowhere near as smooth.

Not all "passives" are the same...

There are passives that fundamentally change how you play, like the many legendary combos.
    There are passives that do not affect your rotation but how to build your characters, like making crit >>> haste with this passive introduce, etc...
    There are passives that do not do not affect anything for most people, like that concordance proc.

All spec suffers most of above though, but some spec get a very good redesign like balance druid. And balance druid got their redesign due to rage IMHO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowpenatdusk View Post
    While, I used my Earth Buddy a bit, I think the squishy-mess isn't as bad as what people make it out to be. It teaches you to use your cooldowns and manage your mana and maelstrom efficiently. And if you're patient and get to 330 ilvl you shouldn't struggle too bad anymore.

Try to take it as a positive and use it to learn something new.
    i am 350 on beta it's still squishy. i played a ret pal on beta too. trust me we are made of paper. but as i saif enhencement gamplay is still ok but not the elem one. (Chain Lightning: Generates 4 Maelstrom per target hit, up from 3 Maelstrom per target hit.
    Earthquake: Now costs 60 Maelstrom, down from 75 Maelstrom. this hotfixe could bring a bit more fun)
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2018-07-18 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    What I dont get is why they are making changes if people have been happy during legion?
    If they can write crappy stories about how the lengedaries are drained of their powers, why not add a little bit extra and put in a scenario where you (the hero) recover a little bit of their essence just enough to keep some of their effects?
    It just makes no sense, logic-wise. Why go through the effort to make changes, why go the extra mile, just to straight up make classes/specs worse?
    Dont they want to keep customers?
    Did a shaman kill their cat, or something?
    Honestly i could see us at LEAST keeping the iconic skill/ability baseline as we used it often enough to probably learn to replicate it

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    I played a lot of Shaman - enhance in particular - during the 2nd half of Legion. It's probably my favourite class behind DKs.

That's beside the point though, which is that I've seen many classes being called the "red-headed stepchild" of WoW at some point or another. If anything, the class suffers from a lack of a unified design direction on Blizz's part, but that's not a problem unique to Shaman.
    shamans were surprisingly good in legion but historically non-resto shamans have always been the definitive red headed stepchild of WoW. they've always been arguably my favorite class thematically but blizzard almost always seems to drop the ball with them and more consistently so than any other class