Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    OP is asking why there is no Mage Tower bfa-edition at launch....he's not complaining it's hard.He came to conclusion that Blizzard sees Mage Tower as FLOP and that's why it's not in BfA launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Your OP is confusing as hell and you vaguely say something about MT in there.

There will be a sort of challenge in Bfa. As there was in MoP, WoD and Legion.
    Again, they have stated more than once tehy have no plans to do anything like the mage tower in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthmog View Post
    OP is asking why there is no Mage Tower bfa-edition at launch....he's not complaining it's hard.He came to conclusion that Blizzard sees Mage Tower as FLOP and that's why it's not in BfA launch.
    We've already come to the conclusion that OP is retarded and expects people to understand his retarded circlespeech, and discuss over him.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    tbh ur just not using the right strategy....bm hunter is by far the easiest, i barely play my hunter and i did it at 895 ilvl with no legendaries. Frost mage is also another easy challenge, just spec for aoe and spam blizzard and ice lance...
    Cool story Hansel.

But your personal experience doesn't negate the fact that some classes have it easier and certain items make it easy.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

I enjoyed the mage tower very much. I always kinda hated having to deal with challenge dungeons cuz it was never easy to find 4 other consistent people. I manage to do them anyway but was always a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    We've already come to the conclusion that OP is retarded and expects people to understand his retarded circlespeech, and discuss over him.
    Girthmog gets it. As do many others. There is a very good discussion going on that you are too rage blind to see. We are having some really good conversations about difficulty disparity, removal at 8.0, comparisons to green fire and lego quests. Just a shame you wont join in really.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I don't know if it was a flop, but I'm positive it was badly designed.
    Not all of it, but the tank and healer challenges are a joke (before you ask I've done it on several characters) and they aren't challenging the traits good tanks/healers should focus on. Tanks have to focus on DPS and healers on healing fury warriors tanking trashes. What an embarassment.
    Every class/trait should have gotten an unique challenge tailored for strenghts and weaknesses of their class and spec.
    Disc priest should've not have the same challenge windwalker monk and destro warlock has.
    All healers shouldn't have the same challenge.
    All tanks shouldn't have the same challenge.
    Yes, I know there are "adjustments" to each encounter, but that's not enough.
    I love challenge. That's what I seek in video games, but I really found MT annoying and unfair to do.
    Also scale the gear ilvl. How can you design a fair challenge when you have people with different legendaries and different quality of gear. Do you know how annoying it is to find someone at 950 ilvl breezing through something you've put like 50 tries at 900 ilvl?

tl;dr
    I like the concept of a Mage Tower, but the implementation is BAD.
    Yeah, because lord knows as a tank you never have to reposition mobs, interrupt, watch out for ground effects, peel mobs off your healer or rotate CD and active mitigation to avoid heavy damaging hits.

And man oh man, everyone knows that a healer should only ever have to heal a single target. Anything that's sitting in bad and forcing you to burn through your mana basically just deserves to die. Doubly so if they are a DPS that didn't watch their threat for some reason.

Or maybe you just don't really know how to tank or heal?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Girthmog gets it. As do many others. There is a very good discussion going on that you are too rage blind to see. We are having some really good conversations about difficulty disparity, removal at 8.0, comparisons to green fire and lego quests. Just a shame you wont join in really.
    Rage blind? Rofl.
    There's really nothing to discuss, a mmo-champ headcanon circlejerk where everyone believes they know game design better than the game designers? Surely there's something of merit to discuss, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Yeah, because lord knows as a tank you never have to reposition mobs, interrupt, watch out for ground effects, peel mobs off your healer or rotate CD and active mitigation to avoid heavy damaging hits.

And man oh man, everyone knows that a healer should only ever have to heal a single target. Anything that's sitting in bad and forcing you to burn through your mana basically just deserves to die. Doubly so if they are a DPS that didn't watch their threat for some reason.

Or maybe you just don't really know how to tank or heal?
    Doesn't know how to tank or heal, methinks.

I don't think most people are even aware that all healers have 0 mana dps spells that they are encouraged to use. Or that they have CC abilities. Probably one of those tanks that has all their cds on a 1 button macro and barely uses active mitigation, too. Likely plays a DK.

I absolutely loved the mage tower, and I'm definitely a below average player. Managed to get 36/36 without a lot of effort past getting each class to 110.
    Sure, some challenges relied too much on certain legendaries (Affliction...), but all in all it was a great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Trying to understand OP's "logic" but that's proving quite the task. Are you assuming there won't be challenge mode content in BFA? That's a poor assumption friend. Only issue with MTs is that it didn't scale like previous challenge modes. ATM the Mage Tower is hardly considered a challenge a more of an "outgear and play your class correct" test.

I'm not a fan of removing content, but the Mage Tower is hardly a flop.
    people must be naive like fuck to belive something like this

CMs and mage tower are making amazing job for blizzard keeping people subbed even if they want to unsub .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    Cool story Hansel.

But your personal experience doesn't negate the fact that some classes have it easier and certain items make it easy.
    ur story was cool as well, but blaming failure on not having an item is crazy, especially when it comes to bm hunter and frost mage...

Rage blind? Rofl.
    There's really nothing to discuss, a mmo-champ headcanon circlejerk where everyone believes they know game design better than the game designers? Surely there's something of merit to discuss, right?
    Yes, I understand your complete faith in Blizzard designers seeing the mess World PvP is in, how popular WoW arena e-sport is, how "well" designed Avatar and KJ were on release, how there are pretty much unplayable specs in current mythic+ meta and how much of a "success" survival hunter and outlaw rogue are. I'm sure Blizzard dev team is full of competent people with great Blizzard Balance™ quality ideas.
    Last edited by Cavox; 2018-07-03 at 07:27 AM.

The mage tower was one of their best ideas by far. The only thing that sucked imho is not allowing people to replay those scenarios free of charge once they were complete. You could have tested out new ideas, builds and try to complete them with lower and lower gear. SUCK it blizzard.

Mage Tower was meh and oddly it was the best thing to come out of that shit for a patch. As for the tower itself, it wasn't that hard, just a lot of RNG and some classes having such an unfair advantage over other classes..

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Yes, I understand your complete faith in Blizzard designers seeing the mess World PvP is in, how popular WoW arena e-sport is, how "well" designed Avatar and KJ were on release, how there are pretty much unplayable specs in current mythic+ meta and how much of a "success" survival hunter and outlaw rogue are. I'm sure Blizzard dev team is full of competent people with great Blizzard Balance™ quality ideas.
    Newsflash, arenas were never popular. They were ALWAYS niche af. What drove arena popularity was *gasp* welfare gear.
    SV hunter and outlaw rogue are fine. There's no unplayable spec in M+ until you get to 22+ and even then it's the same meta where if you aren't op you're broken, public opinion does not a bad spec make.

But I'll just look back fondly at WF M Gul'dan having a SV hunter since the spec wasn't "viable" in the raid meta at the time

And for the record, the game now is the best balanced it has ever been.

As someone who returned to the game 3 weeks ago i looked over the mage tower xmogs.. and i kinda found them all to be very boring only one that was mildly interesting was the feral druid and guardian druid one the rest was meh at best for me anyway.
    Oh hi

Newsflash, arenas were never popular. They were ALWAYS niche af. What drove arena popularity was *gasp* welfare gear.
    SV hunter and outlaw rogue are fine. There's no unplayable spec in M+ until you get to 22+ and even then it's the same meta where if you aren't op you're broken, public opinion does not a bad spec make.

But I'll just look back fondly at WF M Gul'dan having a SV hunter since the spec wasn't "viable" in the raid meta at the time

And for the record, the game now is the best balanced it has ever been.
    I like how you skipped the World PvP, Kil'jaeden and Avatar parts. It's also cute how you confirm my mythic+ bit, but trying to look like I'm wrong and how 1 SV hunter on one WF kill also "confirms" the class is fine (skipping RNG outlaw rogue here a little, but never mind).

Game was never balanced, but that's my point - Blizzard designers wouldn't know a good idea if it hit them straight in the face.
    Last edited by Cavox; 2018-07-03 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    As someone who returned to the game 3 weeks ago i looked over the mage tower xmogs.. and i kinda found them all to be very boring only one that was mildly interesting was the feral druid and guardian druid one the rest was meh at best for me anyway.
    I felt the same: only got feral and guardian so far. With the boost in artifact strength, I'm going to take a stab at the prot warrior as well, since I've practiced the fight plenty with my guardian druid and that flail looks pretty neat: not mindblowing, but different enough for me to like it. Hope I'll be able to gear him sufficiently before the patch, currently at 890 with no legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

I guess it all depends on how into transmogs you are. Personally I can't see the point of putting that amount of effort into something for a reward I'll likely never use. Having said that, I think the idea is good, but the reward has to be worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    The mage tower was one of their best ideas by far. The only thing that sucked imho is not allowing people to replay those scenarios free of charge once they were complete. You could have tested out new ideas, builds and try to complete them with lower and lower gear. SUCK it blizzard.
    You can do that. Just drop the quest after you complete it instead of turning it in and you get to try all over again.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.