Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

The azerite system is boring

Honestly, I thought that this may be limited to low level gear, but now that we have ilvl 370 PvP templates, the situation is very clear:

The entire azerite system is extremely uninteresting. Here is why:

1. The choice is laughable - 2 traits per level, there is no actual choice, most of the time the correct option is extremely obvious

2. The traits are extremely underwhelming - "has a chance to give you 200 crit and 150 haste" is NOT a good and interesting trait. It's basically a copy/paste from 2 green quest trinkets put together. It doesn't change your gameplay in any way.

The azerite system is supposed to replace legendaries + artifacts. Let's look at Legion for example.

I have a trait in my artifact that gives me fall damage immunity and 20% dodge, I have a spell that gives 60% slow and 3 combo points and also causes 3 finishing moves to cost no energy, I have 20% extra crit on Eviscerate. I have a legendary that allows me to fly without a mount in the open world, and I have cooldown reduction on various spells and duration increase on buffs. All of this is fun and it allows me to do things I've never been able to do before.

So, imagine when the replacement system of all of this has things like "chance to increase your crit by 200 and haste by 150". If this trait was gone, I literally won't notice it without looking at the DPS meter. Seriously. What a horrible system.

3. The third trait is a 5 ilvl increase. This is a joke. Seriously. It's a joke, right ?
    Last edited by haxartus; 2018-07-02 at 03:23 PM.

I agree the Azerite system is a flop. It adds nothing of value, even most of the tbc/wotlk tier bonuses are more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Honestly, I thought that this may be limited to low level gear, but now that we have ilvl 370 PvP templates, the situation is very clear:

The entire azerite system is extremely uninteresting. Here is why:

1. The choice is laughable - 2 traits per level, there is no actual choice, most of the time the correct option is extremely obvious

2. The traits are extremely underwhelming - "has a chance to give you 200 crit and 150 haste" is NOT a good and interesting trait. It's basically a copy/paste from 2 green quest trinkets put together. It doesn't change your gameplay in any way.

The azerite system is supposed to replace legendaries + artifacts. Let's look at Legion for example.

I have a trait in my artifact that gives me fall damage immunity and 20% dodge, I have a spell that gives 60% slow and 3 combo points and also causes 3 finishing moves to cost no energy, I have 20% extra crit on Eviscerate. I have a legendary that allows me to fly without a mount in the open world, and I have cooldown reduction on various spells and duration increase on buffs. All of this is fun and it allows me to do things I've never been able to do before.

So, imagine when the replacement system of all of this has things like "chance to increase your crit by 200 and haste by 150". If this trait was gone, I literally won't notice it without looking at the DPS meter. Seriously. What a horrible system.

3. The third trait is a 5 ilvl increase. This is a joke. Seriously. It's a joke, right ?
    You’re looking at traits for quest rewards and dungeon gear. The traits on gear that is more difficult to obtain will be more complex and interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I agree the Azerite system is a flop. It adds nothing of value, even most of the tbc/wotlk tier bonuses are more interesting.
    “I haven’t played with it at all and it hasn’t been released but it’s a flop!”

Never change, MMO-C.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that the number of trait slots is determined by what type of dungeon/raid it is.. For example normal and heroic dungeon Azerite armor has 3 slots, mythic level dungeon, world boss and raid Azerite armor has 4 slots..

So you will see that Mythic dungeon, World Boss and Raid armor is considered the best..

Legion Legendaries were horrible, and them being easier to get at the end of the expansion doesn't change the fact that they were godawful and neutered your playing for months on end if you weren't lucky to get the ones necessary for high-end play.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post

Never change, MMO-C.
    *hits Jeopardy button* What is beta?

Its hard to confirm it a flop so far. But as of right now it stands no where near the level the artifact weapons had in regards to impact. The knee jerk in last minute class changes when usually at this point they are just tuning away only shows the fact that Blizzard is likely caught onto this as well.

I thought PvP templates were removed?

You’re looking at traits for quest rewards and dungeon gear. The traits on gear that is more difficult to obtain will be more complex and interesting.
    No it wont what happens with the harder to get raid gear is that they have a extra circle giving you two dps traits 1 defensive and the ilvl one the traits them selves are still the same boring ones you get from dungeons at any difficulty level you just get two of them.

The only thing we can hope for is that blizzard sorts there shit out by patch 8.1 cause at launch game play wise the game is going to be really mediocre.

Never change, MMO-C.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    A place where almost none of the raid gear traits have been datamined?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You do know that the number of trait slots is determined by what type of dungeon/raid it is.. For example normal and heroic dungeon Azerite armor has 3 slots, mythic level dungeon, world boss and raid Azerite armor has 4 slots..

So you will see that Mythic dungeon, World Boss and Raid armor is considered the best..
    Yeah I honestly didn't realize this even until last night when I went on the PvP server for the beta, and saw there were talents on the gear I never even saw, along with multiple choices, like a stacking dot that applies more stacks if you attack them from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    God I love this website. I have to respect a community that has been declaring a game failing/dead for 15 years and still continues to be impressively wrong. The arguments never change, either. Yes, beta matters. But when we literally know that we don’t have a complete picture because there are things missing from beta, how can you get butthurt about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    No it wont what happens with the harder to get raid gear is that they have a extra circle giving you two dps traits 1 defensive and the ilvl one the traits them selves are still the same boring ones you get from dungeons at any difficulty level you just get two of them.

The only thing we can hope for is that blizzard sorts there shit out by patch 8.1 cause at launch game play wise the game is going to be really mediocre.
    This isn’t true. There is literally an Uldir trait that causes you to shoot lasers from your body.
    Beta Club Brosquad

This isn’t true. There is literally an Uldir trait that causes you to shoot lasers from your body.
    So what you are telling me is that people will not see any of the interesting traits until few months in the expansion.

Do you realize that 99% of the playerbase doesn't read mmo-champion and wowhead ? They will literally never see these traits. It's still a massive failure by all definitions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The traits on the Raid gear and the dungeon gear and the world quest gear and the leveling up gear are all the same damn thing.

There's always 2 traits: 1 spec specific and 1 random one, often related to the area the item dropped from. The spec specific ones are always the same, from a pool of only 6 traits.

The other trait has far more variables, but still don't add that much game play or do anything interesting beyond giving you more damage.

And that's the first trait, the main one. There's some follow up traits but they are from a limited pool as well and don't add much game play of flavour either.

In short, we know ALL the traits the game will start with and the traits the M+ system will have for the entire expansion (unless changed) and those traits don't come CLOSE to the stuff we had on our tier sets or our artifacts.

I agree that the Azerite gear system is VERY underwhelming at the moment.

You mean there isn't figuratively one? That would be an interesting new twist on gear:

255 Strength
    450 Stamina

Equip: You figuratively increase your chance to critical hit by infinity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Poor shaman. Especially elemental. I can't remember the last time they weren't laughed at. I tried to do one for Legion but my god were they clunky. By the time the artifact ability rework came out I was looong gone onto another class.

So does this count as another naysayer doomsayer <insert expansion title here> is killing WoW thread or what?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The traits on the Raid gear and the dungeon gear and the world quest gear and the leveling up gear are all the same damn thing.

There's always 2 traits: 1 spec specific and 1 random one, often related to the area the item dropped from. The spec specific ones are always the same, from a pool of only 6 traits.

The other trait has far more variables, but still don't add that much game play or do anything interesting beyond giving you more damage.

And that's the first trait, the main one. There's some follow up traits but they are from a limited pool as well and don't add much game play of flavour either.

In short, we know ALL the traits the game will start with and the traits the M+ system will have for the entire expansion (unless changed) and those traits don't come CLOSE to the stuff we had on our tier sets or our artifacts.

I agree that the Azerite gear system is VERY underwhelming at the moment.
    It really does feel like they wanted to simplify classes and specs a great deal and slow them down with the GCD changes. I'm not sure why. To try to get people to play WoW who wouldn't usually due to complexity or learning curve? So pvp is easier to make sense of in an eSports setting?

Beats me!

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    "Welcome to Whose Beta Is It Anyway, where the class balance is made up and your feedback doesn't matter. Let's introduce our first guest ...."