Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I won't condemn the system before I've played it but there's one thing that concerns me:

As a non-raider I wonder if there will be enough interesting gear choices for me left. I don't care if I need them or not, I'd still want interesting choices.
    What gear choices did you have before?

I don't see how it is boring.

An Azerite item gives you something like a 2-set bonus is now. You can have 3 of those and can even choose which ones. Not that big of a pool for spec specific traits but you can have the same trait 3x if you want. If you don't want spec specific traits there are a lot different flavor traits usable by all specs. On top of that you get a defensive trait per Azerite item.

So BfA gives three "2-set" boni and three defensive traits. Most classes in Legion are locked to one 4-set and two legendary traits (which can be offensive and don't have to be defensive as in BfA).

We lose Artefact weapon abilities, but I think that's part of class design and not Azerite armors.

I think Gearing since Legion and Artifact/ Legendary has been lame and boring. I just want good old tier gear and weapons that you have drop, CATA was the last time I truly enjoyed gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Don't play then. I'm not joking. If you don't like the game or where it's at, don't play. I don't buy CoD because I don't like it. The game doesn't need to bend to you, you as a consumer need to decide if you're going to play or not.
    It's not that simple.
    You like hamburgers - and suddenly your favorite one gets chocolate instead of the spicy meat.
    You don't just "go somewhere else" and buy some lasagna. You complain till you get what you used to have.

Another example: suddenly your girlfriend wants to switch places and wants to put something inside of you. Something big.
    You can't just calmly ditch your gf - there are a LOTS of things you like about her, but this giant dong is something you absolutely dislike.

What do to what to do..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I think Gearing since Legion and Artifact/ Legendary has been lame and boring. I just want good old tier gear and weapons that you have drop, CATA was the last time I truly enjoyed gearing.
    Well you get to play the hunt a great weapon game again as they have been brought back.. Tier on the other hand while nice did lock you to the bonuses, and if you got a piece of armor that was far superior and had BiS stats for your class/spec you faced the problem of breaking the Tier bonus to equip it..

And as such you ended up either sharding/vendoring the item or putting it in the bank never to use it.. This is why they are trying something different in not having set in concrete Tier sets..

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    You guys REALLY need to educate yourself on this topic. I understand WHY you'd be so confused, but its frankly embarrassing that you go so hard on a subject you understand only the basics of.

I don't know where people keep getting this "its supposed to replace artifacts" from.
    Who in their right mind would think that? Do you have actual evidence that Blizzard has said specifically this?
    Regardless, looking at them for what they are, they are a clear continuation of the Legendary system, and what worked well from it. They aren't offering huge new storylines, new active abilities, or customizable weapon skins that offer dozens of options behind in game events and achievements.

Once you actually learn about the system and just how much customization it can bring to some classes, and stop expecting it to replace a system like Artifacts, you will find the Azerite gear is really impressive.

Honestly, the fact that you can choose to target which items you want and change their power at will should be enough to earn the casual's praise. Its such an upgrade from the Legendary system its absurd.
    Yeah, so it's not meant to replace legendaries, artifacts, set bonuses or any of the other systems that are being removed directly, that's nice and all. In practice, it has to make up for those going away, because guess what? There is nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Have we even seen the M+, PvP, and Raid traits yet?
    In any case, I much prefer hunting specific pieces of gear to optimize my specs rather than hoarding AP to gain traits.
    That's unlucky, because you can't really. There's no lockout-free way of going for specific ones, and even the lockout gated ones only have raids in terms of specific-ish targeting.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

azerite is so bad. its seriously like they spent all their time to draw a picture of a fancy ui for it then in 15 minutes tried to figure out a system to go with the picture

oh well people will learn in a few weeks i guess. who could have guessed that we would be wishing for the days of legion legendaries making a comeback

I certainly find being able to match up different traits on several pieces to build your own setup to be a lot more interesting than two locked bonuses per tier that forces you into a playstyle you may not even like, as is the current way of doing it. 3 levels of traits per piece amounts to 9 traits total, of which you can mix it up with different pieces or a respec if you want to try something new. I'll take that over two set bonuses any day tbh.
    If you didn't have a choice with set bonuses, you won't have one with azerite either, there'll be a best setup for every situation.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    One just because you didn't pay attention or believe something doesn't make it so. Again, just because people complain about something and that something doesn't get changed does not mean Blizzard was not listening. Just becasue people were concerned about pruning didn't mean Blizzard was going to stop doing it considering it was their goal to prune. Garrisons were well received in beta, the change to a static location bugged some. It really wasn't until the lack of abundant content and all the free resources one could get at a rank 3 Garrison did it become a problem. But again, that was the plan, Blizzard was not going to make changes. As for All Will Serve, maybe Blizzard has number showing it is being used as equally as the other talents in that row. Maybe casual non raiders like it. Again, just becasue there is noise around something doesn't mean it has to be changed or that Blizzard is not listening. Many things have been changed based on feed back jsut becasue you don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize they were working on other classes first? Maybe those classes presented more pressing issues than the couple that will be fixed post launch? Again, saying the feed back was being ignored, but they are making changes at later date proves that they listen to feedback. Personally, I'd rather they take their time and make the changes rather than hastily do them without proper time to test and push it live.

- - - Updated - - -

They drop from quests, regular and heroic dungeons, and emissary chests too.
    They had pre alpha, alpha, beta and an entire patch before fixing a spec? how many more excuses can you make..... maybe before they go changing stuff like GCD they should consider the impact it would make on every single spec and revert it, making the specs better and not having to quickly smash out fixes/changes, even into the expansion.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    If you didn't have a choice with set bonuses, you won't have one with azerite either, there'll be a best setup for every situation.
    That's just so wrong. There are plenty of factors in raid fights that will actively decide what traits are the best, just as there are factors right now that decide which talents are the best for each fight. And now I can swap traits and pieces for different situations, depending on adds, boss abilites and so on. Set bonuses stuck, simple as that. An increase to wrath damage as a balance druid (This may or may not have been a real set bonus) was going to be utterly useless on an AoE fight, it's much more preferable to be able to take out that bonus and swap in one that helps me do more AoE damage.

That's just so wrong. There are plenty of factors in raid fights that will actively decide what traits are the best, just as there are factors right now that decide which talents are the best for each fight. And now I can swap traits and pieces for different situations, depending on adds, boss abilites and so on. Set bonuses stuck, simple as that. An increase to wrath damage as a balance druid (This may or may not have been a real set bonus) was going to be utterly useless on an AoE fight, it's much more preferable to be able to take out that bonus and swap in one that helps me do more AoE damage.
    I guess "every" situation might've been the wrong choice of words, "each" fits more. You still don't have a choice, you use the correct ones for the situation. It's the same as with legendaries in Legion.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I guess "every" situation might've been the wrong choice of words, "each" fits more. You still don't have a choice, you use the correct ones for the situation. It's the same as with legendaries in Legion.
    Realistically, is there any hope of ever reaching a point of balance where that's not the case? "Play it your way" has always been an illusion when people start doing the math.

If I can have pieces that help me in different encounters rather than having a set bonus that will do nothing for me for some fights, I'll take the former.

Holy crap, do some research before you post. You only do minimal skimming and think u understand the system. The traits you list are questline traits. stop being such a baddie.

Realistically, is there any hope of ever reaching a point of balance where that's not the case? "Play it your way" has always been an illusion when people start doing the math.

If I can have pieces that help me in different encounters rather than having a set bonus that will do nothing for me for some fights, I'll take the former.
    No, there's no hope of reaching that point. So Blizzard should stop pretending there is and just design talents so they have situational use, rather than being fixated on somehow making them all balanced in every situation(like they're clearly trying to do with rows that all fit into the same area, whether that's singletarget or AoE or whatever)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    Holy crap, do some research before you post. You only do minimal skimming and think u understand the system. The traits you list are questline traits. stop being such a baddie.
    The max level traits are not much better.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why did they have to change gearing/armour/set bonuses? Did anyone even ask for this?

What I want from a new expansions is new content. No pointless overhauls of systems that we have been successfully using for (over?) a decade.

It's wasted time, which they could've spend on NEW things.
    Just think, we could have 101 point talent trees by now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    you can see all traits in mythic+, raids in the dungeon journal and pvp stuff on the pvp beta realm, nothing interesting really.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    People can't say that a major expansion system feels underwhelming without being a "naysayer doomsayer" and claiming WOW is dying? Grow up.
    They can't do it for every single expansion and still say WoW is dying, no. They're the ones needing to grow up. The vocal minority on forums like this aren't the deciding factor. The majority and the millions buying and playing for several months out of the expac are.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    You guys REALLY need to educate yourself on this topic. I understand WHY you'd be so confused, but its frankly embarrassing that you go so hard on a subject you understand only the basics of.

I don't know where people keep getting this "its supposed to replace artifacts" from.
    Who in their right mind would think that? Do you have actual evidence that Blizzard has said specifically this?
    Regardless, looking at them for what they are, they are a clear continuation of the Legendary system, and what worked well from it. They aren't offering huge new storylines, new active abilities, or customizable weapon skins that offer dozens of options behind in game events and achievements.

Once you actually learn about the system and just how much customization it can bring to some classes, and stop expecting it to replace a system like Artifacts, you will find the Azerite gear is really impressive.

Honestly, the fact that you can choose to target which items you want and change their power at will should be enough to earn the casual's praise. Its such an upgrade from the Legendary system its absurd.
    I agree the acquisition method is obviously miles ahead of Legiondaries.

That said, the actual affects do seem a bit underwhelming. Some are better than others, but most will not change the way you play your spec dramatically. At best they will end up being like tier sets that can drop from more sources. Which is nice, but I still think the final traits should have been something more than a boring ass +5 ilvl. I'm not asking for a new ability for each piece, but another tier of choice, or just a predetermined powerful trait that's about as good as a Legendary effect, or slightly worse than it, would already have been a lot more interesting.

That said, the traits stacking will open up a lot of possibilities I think. For example, Arms has a trait that buffs Bladestorm by a fairly significant margin. Stack 3 of these and your burst AoE in M+ is starting to look juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The only ones that matter are the ones you White Knights said would be interesting. Raid or arguably Myth+ ones.

Spoiler: They're not.
    They are not interesting to you.

Stuff that is interesting to me:

- Cauterizing Blink, Arcane Pressure, Blaster Master, Brain Storm, Trailing Embers, Glacial Assault, Orbital Precision, Whiteout and some of the Tier 2 traits like the globules/dagger/buffs.

Legiondaries were a Legion exclusive system, you were never meant to keep them or their effects.
    Artifacts only had a few traits which were actually interesting and some of them are kept - the only 1 I will miss is Blazing Barrier reducing physical damage.

Azerite gear isnt meant to replace those systems - its simply the new system. This way instead of staggering multiple systems on top of each each expansion, blizzard makes expansion-exclusive systems. New players can try Legion, artifacts and legiondaries, while players who keep playing go into a new system and explore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    They can't do it for every single expansion and still say WoW is dying, no. They're the ones needing to grow up. The vocal minority on forums like this aren't the deciding factor. The majority and the millions buying and playing for several months out of the expac are.
    You might have a point if anywhere in his post was anything about WOW dying.

There's not. You're making a strawman so that you can be edgy on a forum, contribute absolutely nothing to any discussion whatsoever and walk away considering yourself one of the forum cool kids.

I know contributing is a foreign concept but let's try it: How do you feel about the Azerite system?
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God