Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, there's no hope of reaching that point. So Blizzard should stop pretending there is and just design talents so they have situational use, rather than being fixated on somehow making them all balanced in every situation(like they're clearly trying to do with rows that all fit into the same area, whether that's singletarget or AoE or whatever)
    I'd rather see them deleted at that point, there's either one viable spec all the time or some binary choices like AoE/ST like you propose. It's nothing more than gold sink now, they'd be better designing complete specs without talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaecks View Post
    you can see all traits in mythic+, raids in the dungeon journal and pvp stuff on the pvp beta realm, nothing interesting really.
    indeed, i did character in the pvp realm and boy those traits are rly underwhelming, it was rly a down

and sometimes 2 itens share the same traits, you could combine but its still boring

Azerite is fine. The bonuses can be tinkered with as necessary in future patch cycles.

The core of the system is leagues better than locking into item sets or the RNG of legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Honestly, I thought that this may be limited to low level gear, but now that we have ilvl 370 PvP templates, the situation is very clear:

The entire azerite system is extremely uninteresting. Here is why:

1. The choice is laughable - 2 traits per level, there is no actual choice, most of the time the correct option is extremely obvious

2. The traits are extremely underwhelming - "has a chance to give you 200 crit and 150 haste" is NOT a good and interesting trait. It's basically a copy/paste from 2 green quest trinkets put together. It doesn't change your gameplay in any way.

The azerite system is supposed to replace legendaries + artifacts. Let's look at Legion for example.

I have a trait in my artifact that gives me fall damage immunity and 20% dodge, I have a spell that gives 60% slow and 3 combo points and also causes 3 finishing moves to cost no energy, I have 20% extra crit on Eviscerate. I have a legendary that allows me to fly without a mount in the open world, and I have cooldown reduction on various spells and duration increase on buffs. All of this is fun and it allows me to do things I've never been able to do before.

So, imagine when the replacement system of all of this has things like "chance to increase your crit by 200 and haste by 150". If this trait was gone, I literally won't notice it without looking at the DPS meter. Seriously. What a horrible system.

3. The third trait is a 5 ilvl increase. This is a joke. Seriously. It's a joke, right ?
    It’s not supposed to be as relevant or as heavy of an impact as the artifact system tbh. It’s more of a lesser mix between the artifact system and the relic trait thing. It’s kinda obvious they don’t want the azureite system to be as core as the artifact system was, so there’s no real shock in this tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    One just because you didn't pay attention or believe something doesn't make it so. Again, just because people complain about something and that something doesn't get changed does not mean Blizzard was not listening. Just becasue people were concerned about pruning didn't mean Blizzard was going to stop doing it considering it was their goal to prune. Garrisons were well received in beta, the change to a static location bugged some. It really wasn't until the lack of abundant content and all the free resources one could get at a rank 3 Garrison did it become a problem. But again, that was the plan, Blizzard was not going to make changes. As for All Will Serve, maybe Blizzard has number showing it is being used as equally as the other talents in that row. Maybe casual non raiders like it. Again, just becasue there is noise around something doesn't mean it has to be changed or that Blizzard is not listening. Many things have been changed based on feed back jsut becasue you don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    First, i'm talking about real feedback. Constructive. Well formed. There're a lot of it past 2-3 addons.
    Second, i'm too laze to search, but concerns about garrisons was from the beginning of the beta, and nothing was done. Even every youtuber and streamer was talking about it being "boring on paper". And we know what's happened. You know, one of the most hated feature even. Accepted even be blizzard as bad design choices.
    And third, you are trying to appeal something you know nothing about - some "blizzard knows better" statics. You representing picture i was laughing about perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, there's no hope of reaching that point. So Blizzard should stop pretending there is and just design talents so they have situational use, rather than being fixated on somehow making them all balanced in every situation(like they're clearly trying to do with rows that all fit into the same area, whether that's singletarget or AoE or whatever)
    See but they do, then people complain that there is no clear cut choice or ask why are you making me choose between the two when I want both. Personally if they are never going to add another talent I want them to have each row be a clear cut role. I think they are trying to do this, but something like this

Row 1, two abilities that add to the rotation and a passive buffing an ability. Either choice is damage/healing increase.
    Row 2, a mobility talent, can be passive or active.
    Row 3, a survivability talent, passive or active.
    Row 4, another rotation/ability buffing ability adding to damage/healing
    Row 5, utility talent.
    Row 6, an ability modifier, maybe something like making Divine Storm heal a little, return a little spender resources, or increase movement speed for a couple of seconds.
    Row 7, a big spec defining talent.

this way all talents will be situational. no need for balancing out rows by making a utility talent be comparable to an output talent. I really do not think they are trying to balance each talent out to be equal in every situation, AoE talents will always win out over single target in AoE situations. I don't recall when they have every tried to make a ST talent be close to or equal to an AoE one in an AoE setting and the opposite.

im not going to knock azerite system until i can check it out
    but, from what i have seen it looks boring, just like the artifacts

Quote Originally Posted by Trururu View Post
    First, i'm talking about real feedback. Constructive. Well formed. There're a lot of it past 2-3 addons.
    Second, i'm too laze to search, but concerns about garrisons was from the beginning of the beta, and nothing was done. Even every youtuber and streamer was talking about it being "boring on paper". And we know what's happened. You know, one of the most hated feature even. Accepted even be blizzard as bad design choices.
    And third, you are trying to appeal something you know nothing about - some "blizzard knows better" statics. You representing picture i was laughing about perfectly.
    Again, if it goes against what they are trying to do, it doesn't mean they did not listen or do not listen and make changes to feed back. This beta is enough to prove you wrong but you don't even want to listen. There were tons of constructive feed back on many classes when they first opened Beta. Most of those classes/specs were changed to feel better smoother, and work better from their initial Beta debut. SP, and Balance Druid are slated to be fixed post release. All of those changes were made due to feedback.

People wee concerned about a few things about the garrisons, but guess what, Garrisons were not going to be changed. They did not want to budge on it. Blizzard has to draw a line or put their foot down at some point with changes. Game development is not a democracy. Sure we can voice concern and give feedback, but a developer is not under any obligation to make any change brought froward by the aforementioned feedback. But Garrisons were modified off of some feedback with Order Halls, and Order Halls were changed/removed due to more feedback in Legion.

Again, just because something you do not like that is being championed online for change is not changed, that does not mean Blizzard does not listen to feed back. They just may decide it is not worth their time and efforts to do so at the time, it goes against their design philosophy at the time, or maybe they want to see how it pans out live with millions of players first before doing anything about it. If Blizzard made changes to the game based off of every single well constructed criticism with valid changes, this game would be a mess and likely would not have lasted this long.

Deleted
    Is it only me thats realizing with the new "faster content" blizzard literally cant keep up with everything....
    Launch is basically a empty shell for the new expansion.
    Patch x.1 will be the actual release.
    Patch x.2 will make it playable...why even bother before that ?

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Oh look, you found a salty bitch to quote. That's cool.

It's not meant to be fun, it's meant to keep you playing. Sadly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It’s not supposed to be as relevant or as heavy of an impact as the artifact system tbh. It’s more of a lesser mix between the artifact system and the relic trait thing. It’s kinda obvious they don’t want the azureite system to be as core as the artifact system was, so there’s no real shock in this tbh.
    Finally Blizzard has learned a little bit about giving OP abilities and traits, which helped create the power creep everyone and their brother bitches about, and everyone bitches about them not being interesting, which is code for strong/powerful. This whole time acting like the artifact abilities are anything exciting outside of the main ability, many of which have been made baseline or talent choices. All the passives were just as "boring" or "not interesting", which people were saying then, but are now somehow praising when comparing them to Azerite traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    It's not meant to be fun, it's meant to keep you playing. Sadly enough.
    I find them fun, Like I said earlier I am looking forward to some combinations on my Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    What gear choices did you have before?
    Well, legendaries gave me interesting new ways to play my class. Artifact weapons had traits which gave some spells nice bonus powers. All of these were open for casual players...

if this would change now and only endgame raiders would get the most fun traits, I would feel left out of that mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Oh look, you found a salty bitch to quote. That's cool.
    Ouch. Now accuse him of being "super triggered lul" and you've won this internet argument with ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    No it wont what happens with the harder to get raid gear is that they have a extra circle giving you two dps traits 1 defensive and the ilvl one the traits them selves are still the same boring ones you get from dungeons at any difficulty level you just get two of them.

The only thing we can hope for is that blizzard sorts there shit out by patch 8.1 cause at launch game play wise the game is going to be really mediocre.
    Totally can't wait until 8.2 when they fix everything and its playable again

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Ouch. Now accuse him of being "super triggered lul" and you've won this internet argument with ease.
    Let me get this right: You want even *more* time spent on your ridiculous shit bait?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Let me get this right: You want even *more* time spent on your ridiculous shit bait?
    Excellent. All check points for a 10/10 argument have been met. You've called it bait, you've called him salty, you've called him triggered. You've graduated the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stay civil. Discuss the topic and not eachother.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love that people are complaining about a product that they can't even really play yet. Cool guys. You guys do this *EVERY* expansion. "THIS IS THE END OF WOW! THE SKY IS FALLING! I HATE THIS!" and then what happens? you keep playing. Instead of typing out what you hate in a forum that the devs won't ever even read so your opinion here is literally just so you can hear yourself scream, just stop playing. Do the rest of us a favor that actually enjoy the game the chance to enjoy it. You're not cool for hating something, you're quite literally the opposite. Either post something productive or don't post. We all get it. You hate BFA even though none of us have ever really played it yet. It's different than the previous expansions and is therefor "bad" because of it. It's not just literally more of the exact same.

You're all like the old grumpy dude that hates everything because he can't be bothered with trying to grasp any new concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Legion Legendaries were horrible, and them being easier to get at the end of the expansion doesn't change the fact that they were godawful and neutered your playing for months on end if you weren't lucky to get the ones necessary for high-end play.
    Nah, the legendaries themselves were fine. How we got them was the real issue.