Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    What i find rather strange about the whole Azerite system is that Blizz removed reforging and most enchants because “you should be able to equip gear right away”, but the Azerite system has you potentially end up with gear that misses half of its bonuses until you grind out a buttload of AP first, that contradiction doesn’t make much sense to me...

Either that or the necklace levels up so fast that it becomes a non-issue (Necklace is miles ahead of Azerite gear requirements), in which case why bother with Azerite levels at all?
    It's just another proof that the entire Azerite system hasn't been planned out until the end. It feels like they went 50% of its way and then stopped going further. The whole system is neither fun nor fleshed out. It's just there. They put too much time into it to remove it entirely so they keep the half hearted version in game which - in the end - isn't good for either Blizzard or the players.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's just another proof that the entire Azerite system hasn't been planned out until the end. It feels like they went 50% of its way and then stopped going further. The whole system is neither fun nor fleshed out. It's just there. They put too much time into it to remove it entirely so they keep the half hearted version in game which - in the end - isn't good for either Blizzard or the players.
    Just another proof that people aren't in Beta. HoA is ridiculously easy to level up. Even with the changes to the AP requirements, it will still be easy to hit the levels required to use all the abilities from raid drops. But go on and worry and complain about shit that is not really going to be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Just another proof that people aren't in Beta. HoA is ridiculously easy to level up. Even with the changes to the AP requirements, it will still be easy to hit the levels required to use all the abilities from raid drops. But go on and worry and complain about shit that is not really going to be an issue.
    My post had nothing to do with leveling HoA. It's about the entire failure of one of BfA's core features.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    If this thing gains levels passively and those levels are easy to reach, what's the point of levels then?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    to shorten my point of view:
    i take boring over broken.
    Well you're getting both to differing degrees so bad luck i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    There will always be the "best" comp/class/spec in an MMO. No matter how close they get balance, hard core players will always number crunch and find the optimal set up. This being the case, those same hard core players have the time and resources to play whatever they want, so why would they NOT play the very best thing possible? If you're one of those people, it is time to learn to do what they do and conform to the "best" set ups and stop complaining about them. If you aren't one of those people, it is time to do your best with the resources given. You're not going to be the top M+ player anyways, instead of complaining start your own groups and use your brain to fill the gaps that your class brings (hey, class diversity again! yay!)
    Again this has nothing to do with "making your own group". This is the facts of how the playerbase is. Regardless of its your group or not. It's fine that they want to open up class diversity, however you actually need to follow through with it, as I've said several times, Guardian Druids have nothing unique to themselves and they're heavily gimped by missing 2 huge things that every other tank has. Lets say in your hypothetical that the Guardian Druid makes the group for a +25 key(say with how they are in BFA), people will leave the group after joining and seeing the person is a Guardian, especially the healer not wanting to deal with a Guardian on Necrotic weeks. The issue is if they want to offer up class diversity and want every class to feel different, then they need to give the proper attention to every class and every spec within the classes, which they have not done at all. Currently there's so many broken classes in Beta and they're being told to wait until a future patch for fixes, it's quite unacceptable and people standing up for the underlining cause of shotty class design is pretty disgusting too, because it makes Blizzard think they're not doing anything wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    You’re looking at traits for quest rewards and dungeon gear. The traits on gear that is more difficult to obtain will be more complex and interesting.
    What proof do you have that traits will be better and more interesting other than your apparent blind and unwarranted faith in Blizzard? Because right now, the traits are identical from intro quest rewards all the way up through Uldir, only the numbers get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    “I haven’t played with it at all and it hasn’t been released but it’s a flop!”

Never change, MMO-C.
    I have played a ton of beta so far, and he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    If this thing gains levels passively and those levels are easy to reach, what's the point of levels then?
    "passively" here means "by playing the game", rather than actually passively. The point is to give you another small reason to do islands, dungeons, etc beyond gear/transmog/etc. Much like you essentially "passively" gained AP through playing the game in Legion. The difference, and why the term passively has been used, is that you aren't getting [AP Item] from those activities, instead the AP just automatically goes into the Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "passively" here means "by playing the game", rather than actually passively. The point is to give you another small reason to do islands, dungeons, etc beyond gear/transmog/etc. Much like you essentially "passively" gained AP through playing the game in Legion. The difference, and why the term passively has been used, is that you aren't getting [AP Item] from those activities, instead the AP just automatically goes into the Heart.
    This system still doesn't make much sense. With AP costs autonerfed every week and AP sources being everywhere, it's esentially convoluted timegating of usable items without any actual progress.
    Looking for Raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    This system still doesn't make much sense. With AP costs autonerfed every week and AP sources being everywhere, it's esentially convoluted timegating of usable items without any actual progress.
    Except they aren't everywhere, and you actually produce progress.

Not sure what point you made without those.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

After finally deciding to level a character on beta, I have come to the realization how much I am going to miss new tier sets. I honestly thing its like 35% of why a new tier is so fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Except they aren't everywhere, and you actually produce progress.
    The only point of Heart of Azeroth is gating itemlevel of azerite items you can wear, which will just lead to situations like "hey, this epic helm dropped yesterday, but I'm 3 levels short to use its' traits". Doesn't sound like actual progression to me, just timegate.
    Looking for Raid.

Deleted
    I think the biggest straight of Artifact power was that it always contributed to increasing your damage.

Azerite Power seems to throw that out the window. Once I reach the point where I can activate all 3 traits for the gear in a particular tier it's utterly useless.

I think lots of people will farm it very quickly in the first couple of weeks, then they will spend the rest of the expansion completely ignoring it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    I think the biggest straight of Artifact power was that it always contributed to increasing your damage.

Azerite Power seems to throw that out the window. Once I reach the point where I can activate all 3 traits for the gear in a particular tier it's utterly useless.

I think lots of people will farm it very quickly in the first couple of weeks, then they will spend the rest of the expansion completely ignoring it.
    It's the same as Legion with weapon - before paragon/Legionfall/75 (depend from patch) there is reason to actively farm it, after that, not so much. But you can't really ignore it, because it come from every single activity in game (beside farming old content).

There are also other rewards than AP: for dungeons/raids - obviously gear, for warfront - transmog set, for islands - lots of pet/mounts. I'm not sure what they'll do with world quests later in expansion, I wouldn't exclude return of paragon mounts.

I think great thing about AP is that it finally give some reward for max level narrative content - and it usually comes with new patch, so there is reason to farm it and unique storyline is always better than another dungeon/world quests/island/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Honestly, I thought that this may be limited to low level gear, but now that we have ilvl 370 PvP templates, the situation is very clear:

The entire azerite system is extremely uninteresting. Here is why:

1. The choice is laughable - 2 traits per level, there is no actual choice, most of the time the correct option is extremely obvious

2. The traits are extremely underwhelming - "has a chance to give you 200 crit and 150 haste" is NOT a good and interesting trait. It's basically a copy/paste from 2 green quest trinkets put together. It doesn't change your gameplay in any way.

The azerite system is supposed to replace legendaries + artifacts. Let's look at Legion for example.

I have a trait in my artifact that gives me fall damage immunity and 20% dodge, I have a spell that gives 60% slow and 3 combo points and also causes 3 finishing moves to cost no energy, I have 20% extra crit on Eviscerate. I have a legendary that allows me to fly without a mount in the open world, and I have cooldown reduction on various spells and duration increase on buffs. All of this is fun and it allows me to do things I've never been able to do before.

So, imagine when the replacement system of all of this has things like "chance to increase your crit by 200 and haste by 150". If this trait was gone, I literally won't notice it without looking at the DPS meter. Seriously. What a horrible system.

3. The third trait is a 5 ilvl increase. This is a joke. Seriously. It's a joke, right ?
    you lost your super duper uber weapon buddy , we all did , back to our boring lifes .

Deleted
    I think Azerite armor trying to "fill the gaps" so to speak is a terrible design decision (whether it succeeds in that or not I can't comment on since I have no beta). Since people are saying the game-changers come from harder content, that's a major middle finger to every casual who aren't necessarily interested in said content. I'm fine with rewarding people for harder content, in fact I think that's the essence of MMO-RPGS, but having the reward be "your spec now actually feels like it's functioning properly" is just beyond retarded. Have fun playing two years with a purposely broken spec because you didn't want to participate in specific content Blizzard wanted you to

Deleted
    So we have an underwhelming and uninteresting system and I'm supposed to go raiding with boring classes in the hopes that RNGesus will drop me a helmet with slightly less boring trait choices?

Ehmmm, how about we simply go back to MoP class desing instead?

It's boring and it's a massive grind to level the thing. 18k AP for the next level from 300 AP tokens... Yeah, fuck that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So we have an underwhelming and uninteresting system and I'm supposed to go raiding with boring classes in the hopes that RNGesus will drop me a helmet with slightly less boring trait choices?

Ehmmm, how about we simply go back to MoP class desing instead?
    Do better go back to tbc. Real talent trees bro.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Someone needs to turn this into a song already, this is already the perfect refrain.