Thread: [Movie] Doom

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd be more entertained and hyped if it was just 90 minutes of pure demons exploding and dying. With 0 dialogue and epic music.

It's going to suck balls, just like the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Doom guy is white?
    Yea. he has an avatar that is clearly a white guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodpa View Post
    I'd be more entertained and hyped if it was just 90 minutes of pure demons exploding and dying. With 0 dialogue and epic music.
    I mean, I paid to go watch Pacific Rim....

...So I'd probably go see that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Diversity these days is what protecting environment was to the early 90's late 80's... ?We know its good but they gotta hammer that shit in.

Oh yea that was a thing for a few years... Every TV or movie nearly had this message, from movies like Furngully and Once Upon a Forest to TV such as Captain Planet, even seeping its way into normal shows like Saved by the Bell, Alf, Alvin and the Chipmunks to name a few... As a kid I really didn't notice it much, but when you look back you realise how forced it was.

Now I am happy with diversity, I have no issue with this being a film with a Doomgirl, but we all know that this is all about money and has nothing to do with diversity. Diversity itself is just a giant money maker now days, even though for the most part it hasnt been proven that it actually makes money outside of publicity and controversy. Considering this movie will most likely flop at least they can salvage what they got from its diversity message.
    Diversity has become a cancer in many businesses these days. It's hilarious when I see people on Twitter screaming and clawing for diversity in various industries while they retweet racist garbage by people of their own ethnicity. Yeah, if they want me to take them seriously, they need to take their own agenda seriously because I will just laugh at anyone who openly supports reverse discrimination and racism while shouting from their own fabricated moral high ground about diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Doom guy is white?
    Yea he's B.J. Blazkowicz's great grandson.

Wolfenstein, quake and doom are connected. I'm pretty sure they're made by the same company but to lazy to look it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yea. he has an avatar that is clearly a white guy.
    He's the great grandson son of the wolfenstein protagonist.

I'm not a fan of this movie so far. They could've of made a movie about her being one of the original team members that recovered doom guy and his armor from hell. He's suit wasn't locked up anymore so she could've worn it to escape back to earth from hell.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-07-08 at 12:17 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Yea he's B.J. Blazkowicz's great grandson.

Wolfenstein, quake and doom are connected. I'm pretty sure they're made by the same company but to lazy to look it up.

- - - Updated - - -

He's the great grandson son of the wolfenstein protagonist.
    And Keen.

In January 2018, John Romero and Tom Hall stated on Twitter that Billy Blaze is the grandson of Wolfenstein protagonist William "B.J." Blazkowicz and the father of Doomguy from Doom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_Keen
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    And Keen.

In January 2018, John Romero and Tom Hall stated on Twitter that Billy Blaze is the grandson of Wolfenstein protagonist William "B.J." Blazkowicz and the father of Doomguy from Doom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_Keen
    Yea the sad part is the have a way to writes this and connect it to the games. A team of people went to go recover dooms guys gear and body it could be her and a group of other humans with her being the lone survivor because it's fucking hell but they we'll fuck this up instead. She could even use the armor during the movie as well as the demons weapons but that would be interesting.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-07-08 at 12:17 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post

The lead actress with an 'up yours' to the fans, this should be good.
    Oh, how charming. Another wannabe "revolutionary" "punching up" at the "patriarchal fans" for her being a crappy actress who only got the job for diversity points.

Hopefully, this trashcan of a movie fails hard, just like Ghostbusters 3. She, and her poisonous stupidity, are the perfect reasons for me not to go see this trainwreck.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2018-07-08 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original movie had nothing to do with hell. It had UAC doing human experiments on mars, but at no point was hell involved. It's never even mentioned or implied in any way. All the monsters were just humans mutated by a Martian gene splicing experiment, and those then got loose.

So I'm just going to pass, as I have a feeling this is going to be very similar crap.

And as far as Doomguy goes, it's fine if he is absent. He has something of a personality, that is captured quite well in the 2016 Doom game and something of a story behind him, but I'd rather he was missing entirely. He is too much of a "mary sue". He has roamed and hunted in hell for who knows how long, and skullfucked everything that has dared to challenge him.

Yeah, it would be fine if he was mentioned only. If that. The invasions are always wide, and it's fine to focus on the other people affected by it.
    Last edited by Santti; 2018-07-08 at 12:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

What, the first one didn't suck enough?

Wasn't it said these crappy video game movies were only being made as some sort of tax write off in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It's kay, this time they can blame it on the angry white males trolls xD
    Impressive. Looks like it might be an even worse abomination than the first one. It'd be quite the feat if they somehow managed to come up with something more utterly moronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Impressive. Looks like it might be an even worse abomination than the first one. It'd be quite the feat if they somehow managed to come up with something more utterly moronic.
    It looks like the day is their's! This looks worse than DOOM.

Starship troopers quality there
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Who the hell is funding this ? The world does not deserve another one of these.

I'm all for a female lead... but does Doom really have enough story in it to make a movie out of?
    I mean it's a great game - but it's just about big guns and demon chunks flying everywhere.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, no dr doom movie...

Well, last one had the rock, which made it watchable

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If Dwayne Johnson couldn't save that movie, what makes them think a D list female actor with no major film roles to her name could do it?
    to be fair, that was very early on in the Rock's movie career. i think he was still actively wrestling when the first Doom came out.

these days, he would put some of that San Andreas / Skyscraper stank on Doom. it would be huge. /s.

OT: yeah, the whole "i'm a girl, deal with it" thing is getting pretty worn out.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I don't mind the lead being female. It's just that I don't get any toughness from this actress. If you are going for badass you have to at least hit Linda Hamilton T2 or Sigourney Weaver Aliens level.