Survivalism On An Alien Planet

I was watching this show on Netflix called, "The 100". The premise is great in which humans had a nuclear war. Survivors live in a space station that orbits the earth. After about 100 years, the spacestation is running out of resources. They send a bunch of teenager juvinile delinquents down to the planet to see if the planet is habital. It is a great premise but the actors, all the characters are horrible and every line in the show is horrible.

Does anyone know any good movies or shows about people surviving on alien uncivilized planets?

I can think of a couple like:
    Robinson Crusoe on Mars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_2_(TV_series)
    ^ is about an actual alien planet while stuff like:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(TV_series)

is about surviving on earth after a post-apocalyptic event.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2019-03-18 at 04:09 AM.

The Expanse
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

jungle 2 jungle

10+ Year Old Account
    The 100 is a CW show and season 1 in particular really falls into the typical CW cringe writing where almost every character is basically a stereotype. The show gets much better in later seasons IMO and is one of the few CW shows that is actually watchable. You can also try out the new Lost in Space remake on Netflix which is more or less what you're looking for as well. Colony may also be worth a watch though not really "post apocalyptic".

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_2_(TV_series)
    ^ is about an actual alien planet while stuff like:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(TV_series)

is about surviving on earth after a post-apocalyptic event.
    Holy shit. I'd forgotten about Earth 2. That show was awesome. Shame it got canceled after one season. :|

Not quite an alien planet but the tv series Mars, its half documentary, half fictional account of the colonisation of mars and the problems they face.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_(2016_TV_series)

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

this is a never ending debate about intelligent life form out there on the other side of the vast universe. and i am intirely sure there must be creatures far away with advanced life. People just explore some million miles year light around earth and they already have like 10 planets with a chance of life in it, and the mass of this universe is unimaginable and even if it's almost impossible to have such an occasion where all elements meet and form the earth, with such big number of plannet. i know there must be one if not infinitive of it. it just the distance is too far away that we can not communicate. i play the game call moon simulatior at apknite, it simulates waht happen in moon and adding aliens into it. very nice thing to try, at least better than watching document for me

Quote Originally Posted by Robinsona View Post
    this is a never ending debate about intelligent life form out there on the other side of the vast universe. and i am intirely sure there must be creatures far away with advanced life. People just explore some million miles year light around earth and they already have like 10 planets with a chance of life in it, and the mass of this universe is unimaginable and even if it's almost impossible to have such an occasion where all elements meet and form the earth, with such big number of plannet. i know there must be one if not infinitive of it. it just the distance is too far away that we can not communicate. i play the game call moon simulatior at apknite, it simulates waht happen in moon and adding aliens into it. very nice thing to try, at least better than watching document for me
    the thread is not a debating about if there is other high intelligent life form. just about a great movie, that's all bro.

Have you seen "The Martian"? It's a mix between feel-good light comedy and frustrating despair of loneliness and a struggle to survive on limited resources and one's own ingenuity.

Honorable mentions:

"Moon" (Duncan Jones)
    "Interstellar" (Christopher Nolan)
    "Waterworld" (Kevin Reynolds) - Haha, I know, but if you ignore the annoying kid and the shitty script, the world portrayed is pretty amazing and immersive.
    Mother pus bucket!