Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

GOP congressman accused of ignoring sexual abuse as wrestling coach

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-n...703-story.html

Former wrestlers from Ohio State University have accused a powerful Republican congressman of turning a blind eye to the recurring sexual abuse of the athletes he coached there more than two decades ago.

The university in April revealed that it was investigating allegations that Dr. Richard Strauss — who died in 2005 — abused athletes while he served as the team doctor from mid-1970s to the late 1990s. He’s accused of sexually assaulting male athletes across 15 different varsity sports teams.

Rep. Jim Jordan, who was an assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State from 1986 to 1994, has denied knowledge of the potential scandal, but three wrestlers so far have rejected claims that the politician remained unaware until students began coming forward with allegations earlier this year.

Mike DiSaboto — whose allegation kicked off the probe against Strauss — slammed Jordan as a “liar” in an interview with NBC.

“I considered Jim Jordan a friend,” he said. “But at the end of the day, he is absolutely lying if he says he doesn’t know what was going on.”

Before going public with his allegations, the DiSaboto said he reached out to Jordan, who told him to “please leave me out of it.

“He asked me not to get him involved,” he said.

Danyasha Yetts said he personally alerted Jordan to Strauss’ inappropriate behavior.

“I remember I had a thumb injury and went into Strauss’ office and he started pulling down my wrestling shorts,” he recalled. “And I went out and told [then-head coach Russ Hellickson] and Jim what happened. I was not having it. They went in and talked to Strauss.”

Yetts, who confessed to serving 18 months behind bars for an investment scam, acknowledged that he has made his own mistakes in the past, though none of them affect his take on Strauss.

“For God’s sake, Strauss’s locker was right next to Jordan’s and Jordan even said he’d kill him if he tried anything with him,” Yetts told NBC, adding that Jordan was generally well-liked in his coaching days.

“He’s great guy… So it’s sad for me to hear that he’s denying knowing about Strauss. I don’t know why he would, unless it’s a cover-up. Either you’re in on it or a liar.”

A third teammate, who did not wish to be identified told NBC he never discussed the abuse with Jordan, but similarly noted it would have been impossible for him to avoid the rumors “because it was all over the locker room.” He called Jordan’s denial of knowledge “a head-scratcher.”

“Doc used to take showers with the team even though he didn’t go to any workouts, and everybody used to snicker about how you go into his office for a sore shoulder and he tells you to take your pants down.”

Jordan, a founder of the House Freedom Caucus and devoted supporter of President Trump, parroted his denial regarding the abuse again on Tuesday.

“Congressman Jordan never saw any abuse, never heard about any abuse, and never had any abuse reported to him during his time as a Coach at Ohio State,” his spokesperson, Ian Fury, said in a statement.

“He has not been contacted by investigators about the matter but will assist them in any way they ask, because if what is alleged is true, the victims deserve a full investigation and justice.”

Please tell me this is true. Please for the love of fucking god tell me this is true. I want to get rid of that Trump knobgobbler and Putin cockholster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Please tell me this is true. Please for the love of fucking god tell me this is true. I want to get rid of that Trump knobgobbler and Putin cockholster.
    You are assuming cretins like Jordan can be shamed. The fact that he is such a cheerleader for Trump proves he has no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    You are assuming cretins like Jordan can be shamed. The fact that he is such a cheerleader for Trump proves he has no shame.
    Yeah, you are right. That Gaetz guy shouldn't be in congress either, but he is there.

This has been talk of the town today. To some at work the reason for this push is...no joke...the deep state spreading lies about him because "he put Rosenstein" in his place the other day. Yeah I basically checked out trying to debate politics at this point because the opposition has drunk the kool-aid so hard and so gone from reality its just not worth my time which is a shame because I actually like Civil debate...too bad that went out the window about 8 years ago.

Can't wait for the usual group to come in and defend this. "Showering together is just locker room talk" or "it isn't pedophilia unless a court says so".

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If he only ignored it and didn't personally take part in it, that makes him damn near a saint as far as Republicans go.

The GOP didn't care when the speaker of the house WAS a wrestling coach that committed sexual assault, why would they care if one of their own covers for one?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw that episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering this is the party that had members writing letters of support for Dennis Hastert, Im not shocked

Bias checker on OPs source.
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-daily-news/
    Left center bias: utilizes loaded words to favor liberal causes
    Fact: Mixed

Going to have to hear from the accused on this one before I can make a decision if they are guilty of committing said acts.

Cheers

Deleted
    Just part of the witch hunt.. blown over as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

Going to have to hear from the accused on this one before I can make a decision if they are guilty of committing said acts.

Cheers
    http://www.dispatch.com/news/2018040...estling-doctor
    Local news says hi.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...sexual-n888386
    I'm sure NBC is probably too left wing for you.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2018-07-04 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I don’t say if a source is “too left or right” my friend. I simply state what the checker states it is.

NBC News
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/nbc-news/
    Facts: high

Columbus Dispatch
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/columbus-dispatch/
    Right center bias: utilizes loaded words to favor conservative causes
    Facts: high

Not going to make a decision on whether this person is guilty or not until I have heard all the facts my friend.
    I don’t sharpen pitchforks/light torches and run with the mob at the drop of a hat.

Cheers

Deleted
    Not going to make a decision on whether this person is guilty or not until I have heard all the facts my friend.
    I don’t sharpen pitchforks/light torches and run with the mob at the drop of a hat.

Cheers
    "If this is true *insert opinion*" It is not that hard to not make hard statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Howeller View Post
    "If this is true *insert opinion*" It is not that hard to not make hard statements.
    Why would a known forum troll try to be honest and sincere?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Why would a known forum troll try to be honest and sincere?
    Can't fault me for at least trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    This title can be arranged in many interesting ways:

Ignored Congressman abused as sexual wrestling GOP coach.
    Coach ignored sexual Congressman wrestling abused GOP.
    Sexual wrestling coach ignored abused GOP Congressman.
    Wrestling GOP ignored abused sexual Congressman coach.
    Congressman coach abused as GOP ignored sexual wrestling.

Now I'm reminded of that South Park wrestling episode.

What is it with Republicans and gay sex with kids? Like jesus fuck.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Cheers
    Shut with this bullshit Ally. You are trying to be a "center" character, but this schtick is getting fucking old. Just do what you have been doing since Trump came to being, defend him more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Shut with this bullshit Ally. You are trying to be a "center" character, but this schtick is getting fucking old. Just do what you have been doing since Trump came to being, defend him more.
    I have no idea why Ally insists on pretending to be an independent when they've been decisively proven to be a right-wing nutjob.