Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Priest Mage Tower S2M

Have they changed it so you can't use the S2M method any more?

Every time I drop Raest below 35% he goes immune.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Deleted
    I did it last night, so unless it was stealth hotfixed it's a you issue.

I imagine that's just the usual shift from phase 2 to phase 3 where Karam starts following you again. That's simply part of the fight. I circumvented this by fearing Karam before he goes immune (around 35%) and then kiting him around Raest so his dot gets refreshed with Void Bolt (since you can't target Karam directly). After Karam died to dots and Mind Sear the rest of the fight was a lot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I imagine that's just the usual shift from phase 2 to phase 3 where Karam starts following you again. That's simply part of the fight. I circumvented this by fearing Karam before he goes immune (around 35%) and then kiting him around Raest so his dot gets refreshed with Void Bolt (since you can't target Karam directly). After Karam died to dots and Mind Sear the rest of the fight was a lot easier.
    Similar to the lock method of landing the fear as the banish arrives?

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    Similar to the lock method of landing the fear as the banish arrives?
    Indeed. I also initially struggled with warlock because I lacked the slow ring but eventually got it when I managed to cleave down Karam with SoC, so essentially much the same strategy except Infernal allows warlocks to cheese Karam during phase 1
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Deleted
    Have they changed it so you can't use the S2M method any more?

I did the Shadow Priest challenge, maybe the wrong way. I used S2M only at last phase, and the other without. But probably i made it more difficult this way XD

7+ Year Old Account
    I speced into FotM, Mania, Psychic Voice (to just have Scream), Void Ray, AS, Infusion and Surrender.

To make things as easy as possible, flask, haste food and rune (though honestly not needed, it's a good habit). Pop your pot and S2M just as combat is about to start and go ham on Karam (the dude chasing you). With S2M, you can circle strafe him while being able to cast dots, Mind Blast and Mind Flay. Do NOT go into Voidform yet. Using S2M without voidform allows you to cast on the move, and take advantage of max movement from the mania talent. Repeated Mindflay will help in kiting to slow the target.

When he gets to 35% you'll need to get ready to run in close for the scream at 33% where he casts Purg. You'll need to hit it between the gap of his initial cast and the bubble applied. I found a weakaura alerting me of his heath at 35% to be very helpful in positioning myself for the cast.

That should stop his regen while you've completely skipped a phase. You'll still need to kite, but with the middle guy up (Raest), and small adds spawning, you're now able to go nuts. Pop Voidform, Infusion, second pot, drums, everything, and just burn Raest (middle guy) while you're still kiting around (I suggest circle strafing).

Don't stress if S2M kills you after the boss, you've won ♥

In repeating the major notes:
    Use S2M from the start to be able to cast while kiting (it won't kill you without having voidform).

Only pop Voidform of final burn.

Be prepared to hit Scream just as he starts casting purg at 33%. I'd consider a WA set to 35% as a reminder.

Once done, pop everything to burn the middle guy.

Enjoy that new artifact skin.

Yeah, I found the problem.

It exists between the chair and keyboard.

I'm going to need some more gear to help my woeful DPS.

Just did it yesterday without using scream or any form of stuns ecc, i used haste food, int flask and a rune, when he started saying "I...Obey." i popped a Potion of Prolonged Power, as soon as the fight started i dotted him up and used S2M without going into Voidform, kept spamming skills till he reached nearly 40% and popped Void Eruption to enter VF, as soon as the other boss started i dotted him up, used Drums & Power Infusion and proceeded to nuke the shit out of him by popping Shadowfiend and then spamming Bolt, Flay, Bolt, Flay ecc without using mind blast (could've done Bolt, Blast but idk why Flay worked best), all of this while kiting the adds around him.

Talents used: Twist of Fate, Mania, Mind Bomb, Reaper of Souls, Auspicious Spirits, Power Infusion, Surrender to Madness
    Ilvl: 943, weapon at 935, legendaries used: Kam Xi'Raff, Insigna of the Grand Army (I got no shadow legendaries, only disc ones and the ones i have suck hard.), tiers: 2p t20 & 2p t21, 11k haste 9k crit

Yeah gear really makes the challenges easymode. I took about 35 wipes on my Shadowpriest at ilvl 900ish back when it was new, this week I literally one-shotted the Twins on my 937 balance druid alt. Course I did know wtf I was doing but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Yeah gear really makes the challenges easymode. I took about 35 wipes on my Shadowpriest at ilvl 900ish back when it was new, this week I literally one-shotted the Twins on my 937 balance druid alt. Course I did know wtf I was doing but eh.
    Balance is kind of a joke. You have all the tools in the world for that fight. lol sunfire, starfall and lunar strike to wreck the adds while gaining resources for the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Balance is kind of a joke. You have all the tools in the world for that fight. lol sunfire, starfall and lunar strike to wreck the adds while gaining resources for the boss.
    Yeah it felt suuuuper easy, and for reasons aside from overgearing. Moving while casting within huge Starfall radius is so broken for the little adds and kiting Karam.

I did it with a ilvel of 935

Phase 1 just dot and use mind bomb to give you valuable seconds to mindblast and shit

Phase 2 NUKE BUT DO NOT USE S2M but do use Pots and Drums

Phase 3 Use S2M BUT DO NOT GO INTO VOID FORM you have 3 mins which is plenty of time to get the boss into phase 4 plus the ability to cast on the move is such a help for the hand and to blast Raest

Phase 4 When the boss comes back on line THEN USE YOUR VOIDFORM AND NUKE LIKE HELL if you did good dps on phase 2 then he should only have about 20 percent health and your S2M voidform should be able to make short work of him.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-07-07 at 07:34 PM.

I've done exactly what was said, to interrupt with scream at the time mentioned as he's about to transition out of phase 1, I've burned and done everything I could during the phase 2 s2m burn, no matter what I do, I ALWAYS run into him immuning as I am spamming SW and i can't control my s2m long enough past that

He goes immune on a timer, you need more void stacks then. I tried popping void form when he activates, too slow, he went immune. I tried when Karam was at 50%, too slow again. Finally I managed when I popped it at 65% on Karam to build enough stacks to burst Raest. Only problem is you will lose a couple of globals to dot Raest when he activates so be sure you can spare those without s2m killing you.

P.S. Ofc use drums, pot and everything, if still can't do it could be a case of low gear, poor leggos or too little haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    I did it with a ilvel of 935

Phase 1 just dot and use mind bomb to give you valuable seconds to mindblast and shit

Phase 2 NUKE BUT DO NOT USE S2M but do use Pots and Drums

Phase 3 Use S2M BUT DO NOT GO INTO VOID FORM you have 3 mins which is plenty of time to get the boss into phase 4 plus the ability to cast on the move is such a help for the hand and to blast Raest

Phase 4 When the boss comes back on line THEN USE YOUR VOIDFORM AND NUKE LIKE HELL if you did good dps on phase 2 then he should only have about 20 percent health and your S2M voidform should be able to make short work of him.
    Why would you play StM but not all in the first vulnerable phase? You're just making it harder for yourself than it has to be. You're also wasting pot+drums while not in Voidform and using the StM Voidform way too late. At 20% you'll only get maybe 20-30 stacks, which you could do without StM anyway.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Why would you play StM but not all in the first vulnerable phase? You're just making it harder for yourself than it has to be. You're also wasting pot+drums while not in Voidform and using the StM Voidform way too late. At 20% you'll only get maybe 20-30 stacks, which you could do without StM anyway.
    So i can cast on the move

If i go into void form i gotta keep up my rotation or i die very quickly

Iam not a expert at Shadow and this was the tact that helped me complete it very easily.

Plus i was Ilvel 935 so DPS wasnt really a problem but i cant kill him with S2M in Phase 2 with voidform. So i just saved it for phase 3 so i can cast on the move so i can kill the hands quicker then go into voidform when he comes back up at phase 4 where he has very little health thanks to my DPS blast in phase 2 without S2M.

Iam not a expert at Shadow and this was the tact that helped me complete it very easily.

Plus i was Ilvel 935 so DPS wasnt really a problem but i cant kill him with S2M in Phase 2 with voidform. So i just saved it for phase 3 so i can cast on the move so i can kill the hands quicker then go into voidform when he comes back up at phase 4 where he has very little health thanks to my DPS blast in phase 2 without S2M.
    Your strategy literally just adds 2 extra phases for no reason and then does the 1 phase strat at the end anyway. The time you spent learning/working on those you could've spent learning how to play Surrender(it's not hard, and you can play it super safe with the timing and still kill him in 1 phase). Your drum+pot timing is also just straight up wrong, there's no reason to use it there instead of with Voidform.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Your strategy literally just adds 2 extra phases for no reason and then does the 1 phase strat at the end anyway. The time you spent learning/working on those you could've spent learning how to play Surrender(it's not hard, and you can play it super safe with the timing and still kill him in 1 phase). Your drum+pot timing is also just straight up wrong, there's no reason to use it there instead of with Voidform.
    But with the DPS you can do now killing Raest while being able to cast on the move helps to nuke him down so quickly that i only ever saw 1 hand cause the other guy poped up soon after then i could go into Voidform with my S2M cause you have 3 mins to do it if you dont go into void form.

Like i said iam not a expert and i literally could not get the guy down in phase 2 with S2M and drums and pots and voidform. I always seem to get him to like 1-2 percent then he bubbles and then i die.

My strat isnt for everyone i know but its just how i managed to do it.

Deleted

The point of s2m is to kill the caster in one phase, before any of the hands spawn. If you're failing to do that, you are badly mistiming your void form. It was possible sub 900, it is much easier now.