Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Having a state religion does not mean much if anything though.
    It does if you then turn around and force indoctrination,which is what this is.

The same people who demand freedom of speech, are cheering on this government intrusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howeller View Post
    That's on paper, we're one of the most atheist and none practicing christian countries.
    And yet, they want to force indoctrination...

Good idea, i wish we had done something like this in the past years.
    Here in Vienna we have families of which all 3 generations cannot speak german, but Grandpa was a desired cheap worker back in the 60s so nobody did anything while he was working. Now his grandkids still can't speak or write German at an average level, and certain clichés get fullfilled as well.
    It's sad that the state has to mandate such actions but ghetto-like parts like we have them are not desireable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Deleted
    Yes, I know that goes against your personal belief, but that's just how it is.

If it could have been another way, I'd say go for it, but that hasn't been the case up until now, so we take measures.

Yes, I know that goes against your personal belief, but that's just how it is.
    So it's not really secular, if they are forcing indoctrination of it.

Deleted
    So it's not really secular, if they are forcing indoctrination of it.
    Well it is the traditional parts of it.

Well it is the traditional parts of it.
    Once again, then it's not a secular government. People can justify it all they like, but it doesn't change what it is. They want to stifle individual liberty, and push discrimination. Personally, I'm not a fan of doing either.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does if you then turn around and force indoctrination,which is what this is.

The same people who demand freedom of speech, are cheering on this government intrusion.

- - - Updated - - -

heheh "ok"
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Good idea, i wish we had done something like this in the past years.
    Here in Vienna we have families of which all 3 generations cannot speak german, but Grandpa was a desired cheap worker back in the 60s so nobody did anything while he was working. Now his grandkids still can't speak or write German at an average level, and certain clichés get fullfilled as well.
    It's sad that the state has to mandate such actions but ghetto-like parts like we have them are not desireable.
    Let's hope Kurtz follows Denmark's example

Deleted
    Once again, then it's not a secular government. People can justify it all they like, but it doesn't change what it is. They want to stifle individual liberty, and push discrimination. Personally, I'm not a fan of doing either.
    And that's fine, but this is how it is now with these laws.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    viewing women as equals, rather than property. knowing that children aren't for having sex with. not mutilating your sons and daughters. not killing gays.

you know, some lovely stuff that i think we might just be a little fucking worse off without.

anyone who is against integration is a wretched fool.
    Playing Devils Advocate, are Jews then Eu values? They mutilate the forsking on the pipis

And that's fine, but this is how it is now with these laws.
    And I would oppose such laws. It's the government practicing discrimination, and forcing religion onto people. Luckily, that would be unconstitutional in my country.

Denmark is not secular, what a shame.

Deleted
    And I would oppose such laws. It's the government practicing discrimination, and forcing religion onto people. Luckily, that would be unconstitutional in my country.

As I said Machismo, on paper we are not secular and this might be the one of the few example that exists to disprove that, but odds are that we are in practice actually more secular than your nation is.

While this is a hamfisted approach and trying to teach a one year old about social values is stupid because frankly a one year old child is too dumb to understand any of it, they need to do something because those `ghettos` are for the most part filled with high crime rates, high unemployment rates and a general lack of education, the last part shouldn't even be a problem given how easy it is to enroll into college etc. in Denmark.

As I said Machismo, on paper we are not secular and this might be the one of the few example that exists to disprove that, but odds are that we are in practice actually more secular than your nation is.
    Well, on paper, and in practice... you are not secular. At least we are secular on paper.

Denmark is less free because of this decision. Enjoy the fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    Playing Devils Advocate, are Jews then Eu values? They mutilate the forsking on the pipis
    that's definitely not a good thing, and there should be laws in place to forbid it for everyone.

Well, on paper, and in practice... you are not secular. At least we are secular on paper.

Thanks for a good laugh machismo, it is good to know that not only siths deal in absolutes. Unless ofcourse, are you a sith?!?!?!? CALL THE JEDI!

15+ Year Old Account

Please can you stop exaggerating so much it's just tiresome.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted

I'll do that.

Given how most of the population aren't religious people, Denmark is still in practicality a secular country. The church and state is separate, thus the country is secular.

Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    Thanks for a good laugh machismo, it is good to know that not only siths deal in absolutes. Unless ofcourse, are you a sith?!?!?!? CALL THE JEDI!
    What's difficult to comprehend, Denmark just decided to force religious indoctrination onto children, and they are being discriminatory about it. Enjoy the fascism and religious ethno-state.