Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Brightlingsea pupils 'feel unsafe' at Colne school

Its a shame it only takes a few shitty kids to make school horrendous for everybody

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-44722515
    Pupil behaviour at a once outstanding school has become "scary" and "frightening", it has emerged.

The Colne Community School in Brightlingsea is part of the Thrive Partnership.

Ofsted, which previously rated it as outstanding, now says it is inadequate and in need of special measures.

The Thrive Partnership said it had "worked to address many of the issues identified".

The Ofsted inspection follows the suspensions of Thrive chief executive Nardeep Sharma OBE and executive head teacher Catherine Hutley.

'Concerned'
    The report said pupils "do not feel safe", and a "significant minority" of pupils created a "sometimes frightening environment around the school".

It said the school leadership was "ineffective at dealing with this".

"The behaviour of some pupils is accurately described by staff as 'scary'," inspectors said.

They also said teachers were disheartened and felt unsupported, pupil progress was poor and that parents, staff and pupils had "lost confidence in leaders' ability to run the school effectively".

The Thrive Partnership acknowledged parents and students would be worried about the report, but said it had acted swiftly to accept support and resolve the situation.

The Colne's sister school Philip Morant was recently inspected by Ofsted and was also rated inadequate.

Inspectors there found "pupils outcomes have suffered as a result of poor leadership over time" and said "some vulnerable pupils do not feel safe".

The Thrive Trust plans to transfer both the Colne and its sister school - Philip Morant in Colchester - to another academy group during the summer.

Neil Jones, chairman of trustees, said the board had "been concerned" about the Colne for "some time" and said it took the Philip Morant findings "very seriously".
    Was your school infested with cunty students

Now, can you explain what it is all about and how it is relevant to the international audience?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Now, can you explain what it is all about and how it is relevant to the international audience?
    I don't know lots of people post tripe non-Americans care about without question - multiple examples on page 1. Your welcome to posture there too. Regarding the article it is an example to the question at hand, did you feel unsafe in school?

Whoa children misbehaving whoa thanks for the article whoa what a discovery whoa.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Whoa children misbehaving whoa thanks for the article whoa what a discovery whoa.
    Is it normal where you live for a minority of kids to completely ruin the effectiveness of a school? In the UK that's considered enough of an anomaly to be worth reporting but whoa you must have terrible teachers. Whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Is it normal where you live for a minority of kids to completely ruin the effectiveness of a school? In the UK that's considered enough of an anomaly to be worth reporting but whoa you must have terrible teachers. Whoa.
    Yeah my teachers are the terrible ones when yours can't even keep small children in line lmao the irony in your statement is funny, yet sad.

Whoa breaking news whoa UK adults overwhelmed by small children whoa this surprises nobody in America whoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'd say it's a fairly common event in the USA.

To Americans this article literally reads like "Some kids are being dumbshits, AND ITS A NATIONAL PROBLEM!" and we're sitting here going "This is like, every school ever."

Sure, that's probably why out schools suck, but if the OP isn't going to provide context for the primarily American members of this forum, the article isn't going to be appropriate attention. Maybe this is a BFD over there, but the OP needs to explain that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yeah my teachers are the terrible ones when yours can't even keep small children in line lmao the irony in your statement is funny, yet sad.

Whoa breaking news whoa UK adults overwhelmed by small children whoa this surprises nobody in America whoa.
    It would probably be easier when they start to cull themselves like yours manage to.

Seems we're doing a much better job of keeping kids in line, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It would probably be easier when they start to cull themselves like yours manage to.

A school shooting joke. I approve.

A school shooting joke. I approve.
    It was a bit clumsy for someone as experienced at shitposting as yourself, but I'm learning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

as long as the parents of the culled kids voted trump...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Was your school infested with cunty students
    YES!!!

By the time i left my school 8 kids in my class was expelled for good!!

Ironcically in my last year it was very quiet cause so many had been booted out for bad behaviour

Teachers are afraid to punish kids, so we get little shits running around causing havoc. Bring back the switch.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My high school had an event happened where the senior lacrosse players all pissed on some freshman's hoodie and forced the kid the put the pissed on part of the hoodie in his mouth.

Unfortunately the seniors' parents were all considerably wealthy and made the whole event disappear with a reasonably large donation to the school.

Nope, no irony. The teachers at that school are doing a terrible job, we consider it terrible when compared to other schools which is why it's newsworthy. I'm just surprised that you think this kind of failure is the expected standard and shouldn't be considered a problem.

See what I mean, you're not surprised about this kind of thing happening, although to be honest the overuse of your "whoa" macro makes it difficult to tell where the sarcasm is supposed to be, unless the "whoa" key is just sticking, or you suffer from fat-fingers and keep hitting it by accident.

Where I live, it's happened for decades.

But then I only live about 20 miles from Brightlingsea and in the same district council so likely same issues here as there.

Nope, no irony. The teachers at that school are doing a terrible job, we consider it terrible when compared to other schools which is why it's newsworthy. I'm just surprised that you think this kind of failure is the expected standard and shouldn't be considered a problem.

See what I mean, you're not surprised about this kind of thing happening, although to be honest the overuse of your "whoa" macro makes it difficult to tell where the sarcasm is supposed to be, unless the "whoa" key is just sticking, or you suffer from fat-fingers and keep hitting it by accident.
    Exactly, I'm not surprised that this is happening in the UK, because you let your children walk all over you. The kids would have to be thunderdome level warriors to get away with that over here in America, mostly because our adults aren't pushovers. I'm legitimately sympathetic for you actually thinking this is a newsworthy event, but I see now that clearly this is a tactic to get the word out and import adults who actually know what they're doing from other countries to help you guys handle a handful of young children.

I should've known this was your plan. Well played, UK. Don't worry America will probably help you out.

Whoa UK needs America's help yet again whoa so shocking whoa.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2018-07-10 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    No from a young age I decided to not be a pussy
    Wow, that didn't last.

OT: Kids are dicks. You know what you do? Throw sand in their eyes during recess. They usually stop acting up for a bit.

Exactly, I'm not surprised that this is happening in the UK, because you let your children walk all over you. The kids would have to be thunderdome level warriors to get away with that over here in America, mostly because our adults aren't pushovers. I'm legitimately sympathetic for you actually thinking this is a newsworthy event, but I see now that clearly this is a tactic to get the word out and import adults who actually know what they're doing from other countries to help you guys handle a handful of young children.

I should've known this was your plan. Well played, UK. Don't worry America will probably help you out.

Whoa UK needs America's help yet again whoa so shocking whoa.
    American teachers let kids walk over them too...

Maybe try a more subtle approach when trolling next time
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    American teachers let kids walk over them too...

Maybe try a more subtle approach when trolling next time
    Not as hard as the UK, clearly, or we'd be making threads about how a small amount of kids were able to make an entire school crumble. You know, like what happened in OP?

Maybe try not being wrong when responding to me next time, eh?