Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Azerite gears are the new Legendaries ?

- Can drop only only from certain sources
    - Have fixed traits
    - Cannot be exchanged
    - Cannot Titaforge

Someone can explain to me if I'm wrong ?

They are actually obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They are actually obtainable.
    You got a point

you can target farm specific traits. Could not farm legendaries. it was 100% random

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They share traits with some legenderies but the effects are significantly weaker.

For example there's an Aggramar's Stride style trait where your movement speed is increased by 3% of your highest secondary stat up to 1% rather than the uncapped 75% of your highest secondary stat up to an unlimited amount.

Well, they are the new Artifact, Tier Set, and Legendaries all rolled into one (well.....2 if you count the necklace). They are not the RNG craziness of Legiondaries though.....thank goodness

I'd feel a bit better about Azerite gear if I could break down an existing piece to get a trait I liked and plug it into a new piece.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'd feel a bit better about Azerite gear if I could break down an existing piece to get a trait I liked and plug it into a new piece.
    That would be really awesome. Personally, I hate the idea of having to farm new gear all the time. That is why I really enjoyed the Legion artifact weapon setup.

Would make the entire gear useless.

I feel like we've borrowed far, far too much from Diablo 3 already. Don't get me wrong I don't love the Azerite trait system but I'd rather find a fresh solution rather than ending up with a WoW version of Kanai's cube.

Legendaries were a terrible idea, tommy got lucky so he gets to do 30% more damage than timmy. Timmy got even more unlucky when he eventually got his legendaries and they were bad so he had to reroll due to bad-luck protection being broken.. Hope they don't repeat that clusterfuck.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Would make the entire gear useless.
    Useless how?

AFAIK Azerite gear has multiple traits. Breaking the entire piece of gear to take one trait and plug it into a new piece (probably replacing a single trait on that piece) seems reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    I feel like we've borrowed far, far too much from Diablo 3 already. Don't get me wrong I don't love the Azerite trait system but I'd rather find a fresh solution rather than ending up with a WoW version of Kanai's cube.
    Kanai's cube does a LOT to help combat bad luck with RNG. That's something WoW DESPERATELY needs. :/

Deleted
    The plural of this kind of gear is gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They share traits with some legenderies but the effects are significantly weaker.
    I can guarantee you that they are not "weaker".
    They are actually overpowered.
    And that is making me worried.

Check out my damage output in Beta witth demon hunter:

Filthy Transfusion is my second most damaging ability and is a trait.
    Laser Matrix also does as much damage as one of my main damaging abilities.

This is going to be legendaries all over again. Im worried.

theyre basically per spec trinkets.

legendaries could impact rotation, talent choices.
    azerite does nothing interesting like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    The plural of this kind of gear is gear.
    Makes me think of Chinese gold farmers when I hear the word "Gears"

I think the difference between legendaries and azerite gear is that one is actually obtained from quests every so often and boss drops while the other requires a grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    theyre basically per spec trinkets.

legendaries could impact rotation, talent choices.
    azerite does nothing interesting like that.
    But some traits do overpowered damage compared to others....as you can see in my images a trait is my second most damaging ability. Filthy Transfusion.
    And Laser Matrix does as much damage as a main damaging ability.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    - Can drop only only from certain sources
    - Have fixed traits
    - Cannot be exchanged
    - Cannot Titaforge

Someone can explain to me if I'm wrong ?
    no they are more to be an artifact 2.0
    the legendaries for legion were just a 1 time trial thing, they will most likely be returning to the wotlk-wod style of legendaries.
    end of the expansion we do a quest chain of all sorta of stuff to unlock your legendary, there will be legendaries, but not like legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you can target farm specific traits. Could not farm legendaries. it was 100% random
    well you can and you cant.

since they dont drop from regular m+(which im fine with)
    you can only get those traits at a decent ilvl from the weekly chest which is entirely random

ofc assuming the raid traits are best for raiding, then yes you can roll on them every week (even multiple times if u want)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no they are more to be an artifact 2.0
    the legendaries for legion were just a 1 time trial thing, they will most likely be returning to the wotlk-wod style of legendaries.
    end of the expansion we do a quest chain of all sorta of stuff to unlock your legendary, there will be legendaries, but not like legion.
    Im worried Felplague.
    Because some traits do absolutely overpowered damage compared to other traits.
    This is going to make people extremly sad when they dont have said traits.

Possibly making the legendary situation all over again.