Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Greetings,

so I just learned that doing the artifact quest where you absorb the power of sargeras' sword into your artifact affects character power. What the hell, Blizzard? I thought it was just a normal quest. Sure, it's my fault for not double-checking, but not everyone that plays wow even checks mmo-champion or wowhead.

Shouldn't they have mentioned this in-game atleast with a ' [This quest affects character performance] '?

I've done so much Atbt and M+ without this buff...
    If u get a quest when logging in MAYBE u should check what it is.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

You seem to be under the impression that I'm calling for someone to be fired at Blizzard, that I'm doing more complaining than I am (my OP was really pretty light in that respect) and that I want things to be handed to me on a platter.
    And yet here you are complaining that Blizzard didn't spoon feed you the information that the quest provided a power boost.

If I go back into your post history is there a complaint that Blizzard did not inform you that unlocking the Crucible provided a power boost? Or any of the god knows how many things that boost player power in the history of the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. Want to be Mythic raider without searching ANY news. So I guess you are completely blind about BFA too? I'm sure your mythic guild will love when you'll be asking what to do next in game every day.
    2. Bitch about minor thing like buff to your character for last 2-3 weeks of expansion.
    3. ZERO self-awareness. Even after he made mistake, he argue with every man, even when 100% are against him.

Yeah, looks like perfect material for mythic raiding, where people want to get to and through "easy" endgame ASAP (so knowledge is important and time is a resource), you have to suffer throught minor and MAJOR inconvienients (because most players are casuals and Blizzard often design game with them in mind) and you have to be patient with stuff like wipes and farming. Good luck man, honestly I have no idea how you survived in this game so many years.

Paying attention to what, though? Again, it's a minority that even check fansites. If someone only plays the game and it just so happens they don't feel like doing a quest then they won't know. I'd be willing to bet there's many, many, people that haven't got the buff.
    The fact that you are "trying to join a Mythic Raiding" guild, and haven't even been able to notice the gigantic face pop up on your screen, along with the dialog, and you're not keeping up with what's going on in the raiding scene in addition..

Honestly, hopefully the guild you are trialing with reads these forums and can figure out you are worthless and are wasting their time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And yet here you are complaining that Blizzard didn't spoon feed you the information that the quest provided a power boost.

If I go back into your post history is there a complaint that Blizzard did not inform you that unlocking the Crucible provided a power boost? Or any of the god knows how many things that boost player power in the history of the game.
    There wouldn't be such a post, no, because that's a pretty obviously a new system being added to the game and not a quest that appears as most other quests and was likely to contain nothing more than extra lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    The fact that you are "trying to join a Mythic Raiding" guild, and haven't even been able to notice the gigantic face pop up on your screen, along with the dialog, and you're not keeping up with what's going on.

Hopefully the guild you are trialing with reads these forums and can figure out you are worthless and not worth their time.
    The opposite actually. They're pretty impressed I did the dps I did without the buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    1. Want to be Mythic raider without searching ANY news. So I guess you are completely blind about BFA too? I'm sure your mythic guild will love when you'll be asking what to do next in game every day.
    2. Bitch about minor thing like buff to your character for last 2-3 weeks of expansion.
    3. ZERO self-awareness. Even after he made mistake, he argue with every man, even when 100% are against him.

Yeah, looks like perfect material for mythic raiding, where people want to get to and through "easy" endgame ASAP (so knowledge is important and time is a resource), you have to suffer throught minor and MAJOR inconvienients (because most players are casuals and Blizzard often design game with them in mind) and you have to be patient with stuff like wipes and farming. Good luck man, honestly I have no idea how you survived in this game so many years.
    'Want to be a mythic raider'?

Just because I'm trialling for a new guild after a small break implies to you I haven't raided mythic before?

I have a lot of self-awareness, actually. I admitted it was my own fault in the OP and have only argued with people on points I believe I can back up.

Greetings,

so I just learned that doing the artifact quest where you absorb the power of sargeras' sword into your artifact affects character power. What the hell, Blizzard? I thought it was just a normal quest. Sure, it's my fault for not double-checking, but not everyone that plays wow even checks mmo-champion or wowhead.

Shouldn't they have mentioned this in-game atleast with a ' [This quest affects character performance] '?

I've done so much Atbt and M+ without this buff...
    On the flip side, it’s a story line quest and those should usually be done as soon as available.
    Yes, it would be nice if Blizz gave you a heads up, but it’s not their responsibility to do so, nor is it their fault for it.
    Sucks you’ve missed out for the week it’s been available, but it’s in the past and can’t be changed now.

Paying attention to what, though? Again, it's a minority that even check fansites. If someone only plays the game and it just so happens they don't feel like doing a quest then they won't know. I'd be willing to bet there's many, many, people that haven't got the buff.
    If you had done the first part of the Silithus Quest line you would of noticed the Talking head portion that marked the second portion of the quest line.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm trialing in a guild doing Mythic Argus where everyone else has the buff and I didn't. I'm wondering why Blizzard just expected people to know that doing this quest is a massive buff (mandatory) and not just another quest. Like I said, I browse mmo champ all the time but obviously I missed this info. Some people don't even look at sites, so how will they know it's a powerup and not just a random quest?
    Mandatory? Haha fuck you..

If you're trialing for a mythic guild you'd think you already were at 20+ levels of the final trait, at which point each level is so minimal in power increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    Omfg fu blizz my character got stronger how dare u
    More like "Omfg fu blizz that you did not tell me that this quest would make me stronger"
    Sounds like he did not DO the quest when it came out and just now realized this quest "buffs" your character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    On the flip side, it’s a story line quest and those should usually be done as soon as available.
    Yes, it would be nice if Blizz gave you a heads up, but it’s not their responsibility to do so, nor is it their fault for it.
    Sucks you’ve missed out for the week it’s been available, but it’s in the past and can’t be changed now.
    Of course, it can't be changed now. I'm well past my initial confusion and minor frustration but people are replying as if I've called for Blizzard to be destroyed.

3. Except I'm stopped raiding about a month before the quest was released. Instead of taking a break until BFA I decided to continue raiding with a new guild. I was vaugley aware of the quest and what it involved but somehow I missed the power the massive character power aspect.

I agree it's my fault for not doing the quest, but I still stand by my frustration at the weird lack of communication considering this buff is basically mandatory.
    It's not mandatory. People killed Mythic Argus w/o it.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    It's not mandatory. People killed Mythic Argus w/o it.
    When I say mandatory I don't mean that it's needed in order to do anything in particular, rather it's such a buff that everyone that cares in the least about their character, and if they knew about it, would have it.

hahahaha
    Really whining about ANYTHING now.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair the newspost about this on mmo-c was top news for like an hour before the next article buried it. They of course have no obligation to tell players of wow what’s important, but I like many others I bet practically use this third party site rather than official channels and that is clearly for better (vaast majority of times) or for worse.

Made an @everyone and a sticky post in our guild discord when I learned of these news and we still had to double check on raid night that people had actually gotten the notice and had done it (some had not). A friend of mine messaged me some number of days later even and showed his brothers account’s artifacts with the caption “wtf?” at the ticking artifact power, as he had completely missed the event too!

I agree that Blizzard can be a bit obscure with its character progression systems, and has been particularly so in Legion, but as a Mythic raider you sort of have the responsibility to keep up with the news and find out these things for yourself. How is this that much different from any of the following scenarios:

- Player blitzed through their class campaign without reading quest text and forgot to research their artifact for a month.
    - Player ignored upgrading their Class Hall and couldn't equip a second legendary in time.
    - Player didn't know they could spend points in his artifact.
    - Player skipped Broken Shore questing without realizing the Mage Tower prequests upgrade their artifact.
    - Player didn't know the Argus storyline unlocks the Netherlight Crucible.
    - Player didn't know the Netherlight Crucible does anything.
    - Player didn't know Relic traits and NC bonuses matter and used them solely based on stats.
    - Player didn't know X or Y mount would become discontinued.
    - Player didn't know legion invasions could drop legendaries.
    - Player didn't know said invasions and veiled argunite were decent ways of gearing alts up to LFR level.
    - Player didn't realize they could easily get enough gear for class challenges, and failed to do as many as they could have (or any at all) on the premise that it's just for raiders.
    - Player didn't spend their bloods for resources in time and missed out on some gold.
    - Player failed to upgrade their class hall minions to their maximum potential.
    - Player stood around twiddling their thumbs because they didn't know some random piece of content they would have enjoyed actually existed.

Age old bonuses:

- Player didn't know they could bind their keys.
    - Player didn't know DBM exists.
    - Player didn't know about skada, so they were never able to track their dps and compare it to others.

You can argue about any of these based on the same logic, and you might even be right... but I bet taking some personal initiative and responsibility would feel more rewarding. And if you immediately jump to the conclusion that the people above are noobs, perhaps you should take a long look in the mirror.

Btw, it's a bit weird that nobody mentioned this in guild chat or on voice coms; it's something people who care about their character power would have definitely talked about ("Oh, I do so much dps with this buff, it's insane", "Shit, I was so close to Concordance 75 and now everyone gets it for free QQ", "Mate, your dps seems a bit low, did you forget to do the new artifact quest by any chance?").

I'm trialing in a guild doing Mythic Argus where everyone else has the buff and I didn't.
    Weird guild you have out there... Last week when we went to do the usual garothi - aggramar - argus round we were talking in voice chat about the questline, we found out 2 people had no idea what are we talking about, so we just let them skip garothi and go do the quest in the meanwhile. So by the time we cleared the boss and trash up to aggramar, they were done.

I remember back in 7.2 when we had to do the questline to unlock extra traits and in 7.3 when we had to unlock crucible, we were posting info on guild discord for those who don't visit fansites so everyone would know to empower themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    Omfg fu blizz my character got stronger how dare u
    Them sneaky bastards sneaking steroids into our weapons... OP is justified to be concerned about possible weapon size shrinkage.

The quest being a "voiced popup" is no argument.

The quest where you're initially sent to Silithus rewards absolutely nothing, you just spend 15 minutes flying across the whole zone back and forth.

Guess they just expect you to jump after anything that's being added after months of literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    - Player ignored upgrading their Class Hall and couldn't equip a second legendary in time.
    Wish I HAD a second legendary by the time the upgrade completed.

- Player didn't know they could spend points in his artifact.
    Or worse, player didn't know you lose AP when you "respec" your artifact, so many people wasted time on the respec option instead of sticking to whatever they picked even "sub optimal" order.

- Player didn't know legion invasions could drop legendaries.
    Damn, I didn't realize how beneficial was the netherportal farming until 1 week before the nerf... I kept farming old raids (EN / NH / TOV on normal / hc) instead.

- Player failed to upgrade their class hall minions to their maximum potential.
    I missed the early WOD treasure hunter rush before the nerfs set in (account wide diminishing returns on blingtron mission etc.), so I was sure to remind myself in Legion to not oversleep the chance this time.

Of course, it can't be changed now. I'm well past my initial confusion and minor frustration but people are replying as if I've called for Blizzard to be destroyed.
    Your post did come off as antogonistic, but I’m not trying to convey that with you. As I stated it would be nice for a heads up to have been given, but it wouldn’t be the first time Blizz has things like this happen, so I guess I’m just used to it.