Will shadow be hard on bfa like it did on legion?

I mained shadow on legion but I regretted it, the rotation was way too complex, so I didn't enjoy the encounters, a lot of my energy was going at keeping up my dps, will it be just as hard on bfa?

It’s been like that for longer than legion. Unless things have changed, play a hunter. It’s basically great all over with no drawbacks.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Rotation is far from complex, only reaction based to fight the resource drain for as long as possible. I honestly do not like this Voidform play and enjoyed this Spriest play the least compared to all other expansions (from tBC+). Since the changes for shadow is looking super minimal for BFA, will not be that spec until a new rework.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Shadow rotation in Legion was not complex at all. It was frustrating more than anything, particularly once the 1 minute cycle setup became standard. Mindbender make many fights much harder than it needed to be, and made fights like mythic kin garoth an absolute pain in the ass.

It was a terrible spec in Legion carried by its super fast casting gimmick. It was not hard. It was gear dependent (which they made even worse by not having insanity generation on t21 and making t21 also ramp) and about timing mindbenders right. If you aren't switching targets, mindbendering around 24 stacks is pretty consistent. You can hold off a bit longer if you have disperse up to hold at high stacks to let mindbender come back.

Shadow in BfA has serious problems because its the same frame, but without the fast casting gimmick to carry it. Its a boring, slow spec with no ability to "make plays" or use resources for glorious moments.

Complex is probably not exactly the right word, and this is a semantics issue as a result. The problem is that it’s a strain to play the class well, and it’s exhausting. You feel drained after a 3+ hour raiding session jamming your buttons as hard as you can while laser focusing on meters and boss timers, while hoping some boss mechanic doesn’t target you and screw up your rotation cycle that can get thrown out of sync and see you dropping 10-15% of your dps through no fault of your own. All this while hoping you don’t get a migraine and/or carpal tunnel. Complex isn’t the right word, sure. But it’s definitely a thing more unique to shadowpriests than some other classes.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

You're in for a treat, vanilla wow is relaunching and SPriest rotation in a raid is so simple, it's like you don't need to do anything at all

Hate to play this card, but mained Shadow Priest since vanilla and Legion was the last straw. I quit and went warlock. They beat us up so much over two expansions, eating away so many abilities, limiting us then giving us hope with things like spectral guise only to rip it away in Legion, spitting in our faces. Honestly I hate Blizzard for what they've done to Shadow Priests, I wish I could make whoever imposed this on us suffer in ways that I shouldn't wish upon someone for simply messing with my video game. But it was a quality of life issue. I identified and loved shadow priests, and then they were torn to pieces and changed entirely in front of me. The game has rarely been fun ever since, despite rolling literally every class and leveling them to 110. Nothing clicks. Honestly I think they're trying to drive the most devoted shadow priest players actually insane so we reflect the qualities of our characters.

I miss snapshot dots and devouring plague so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I mained shadow on legion but I regretted it, the rotation was way too complex, so I didn't enjoy the encounters, a lot of my energy was going at keeping up my dps, will it be just as hard on bfa?
    Rotation isn't going to change very much, however, I think if you put a lot of work into getting to know the rotation, you will find it more enjoyable than playing a spec like BM Hunter, where even a monkey could do the rotation. Also, Shadow Priest was among the very best specs in Legion in terms of raiding. Maybe that kind of performance will continue in Bfa