Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the Forsaken? Hmmmm ....

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    for the Night elves more customization options leaf hair and elunite diadems etc, more tattoo options are a wish for what they can gain for this. But I am sorry they cannot lose Kalimdor, if that is truly the direction the writers wish to go then there is nothing they can do to ever make it palatable. The Kaldorei Identity is tied to Ashenvale and Hyjal. If they lose the land gifted directly to them by Elune then they have nothing to move forward with, it is utterly intrinsic to their identity and will be the end of them no matter how "cool" they make some Eastern Kingdoms theme it will always be hollow.

The Forsaken on the other hand I would love to see segmented groups forming with emphasis on the differences. Set them up in mountainous regions to show they can survive and thrive anywhere, I don't know how to describe it but would love the Thaddius style huge lightning rods and collecting electricity to power their limbs. Maybe hint at some way of enhancing themselves so they don't keep the weakness so inherent in BTS. Just overall... More mad scientists!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post

@Mace

I wouldn't say many night elves began studying arcane after the Highborne rejoined their kin. You had Vestia Moonspear, for example, who lost friends for joining with the Highborne. I'm more inclined to believe magi would be more reserved for night elves inept at priesthood or druidism (ala Illidan) or the more scholarly.

While (most) night elves don't hate arcane magic, a great deal when the Highborne. Mordent Evenshade was insulted by a Sentinel for what ultimately led to the War of the Ancients, even if they were not directly responsible for it, they're perceived as clinging on to a way that nearly cost them their world.
    Many for night elves, the opening cata quests, and some of the coonversations in Azshara, Ferelas, and a comment in wolfheart, let you know that the response to the call to the arcane amongst the night elves was very strong.

I tend to notice people have missed this side of the night elves, because of the highborne hate that comes up strongly, but the arcane philia is there plain to see. They are made from the arcane and even the kaldorei group that banned it are remarked to be exceptionally gifted at it, it is frightneing degree if they were to embrace their legacy, which they have started doing in cataclysm. Ofc they aren't the only arcane wielding night elf groups we are now aware of.

Though Evensahde was insulted by a Sentinel, remember the hate was for what the highborne caste did to the world, and though the shen'dralar weren't directly those people, ~Malfurion tells us the reson for the resistance to their group was because they took so long to finally oppose Azshara, in fact, only when the demons came to their city - (now we suspect they feared the reprisal she had done against the Farondis). And that anger has never stopped them living or working together in the past, remember Darth'remar's highborne had all put off the use of arcane magic for 3k years before they decided enough was enough. And they were the very highborne in the palace summoning the demons, not the shen'dralar, not the nightborne highborne and certainly not the Farondis.

It shows the night elves can move past, Malfurion expected everyone tto be positive about it in at most a few years near the beginning of wolfheart, by the end, we find out the ONLY hate is coming from Maiev who's been trying to force night elves to reject the alliance with the highborne. I think before blizzard revealed the arcane wasn't itself bad at all, people had speculated extensively about the night elves, and arcane magic, mos tof hte speculations based on hate and hate of hte highborne were wrong when the facts frame the events of the past. It's been there all along. It didn't help that pblizzard was trying to stoke up the night elf /blood elf hate by using the exile based on arcane usage as the foundation - but again, the hate isn't there, not for magic, and a lot more night elves were eager to pick up their legacy, and most of the highborne don't want a repeat of what lled to the legion, one of the great things about Darth'remar and the high elves were marked by that absolutely hatred for magical abuse and recklessness - whcih is the heart of why the high elves are separated from the blood elves.

We see highborne like Farondis, Estulan loving the arcane but not tolerant to abuse or misuse - with Farondis it seems something very preciuos to be marvelled and stewarded well,k in what must be an image of what the highborne were all like before addiction took place.

p.s. I like everything about those images, except the sabertooth like fangs... too trollish for me. But the male hairstyle, the bushy one is good. Night elves should have a range from extremely elegant and majestic, to very foresty and wild - reflecting the swing from high society arcane, to one with nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    p.s. I like everything about those images, except the sabertooth like fangs... too trollish for me. But the male hairstyle, the bushy one is good. Night elves should have a range from extremely elegant and majestic, to very foresty and wild - reflecting the swing from high society arcane, to one with nature.
    The animalistic features (fangs and the beak-ish nose) were explained by Jokubas as being Malfurion-esque features adopted by druids. He actually did a mock-up of a Highborne skin (blue-tinted with ear-accessories) alongside a skin with feathery and furred arms.

I personally don't mind the Highborne skins but I think I would prefer druidic tattoos in place of fur and feathers, something like this.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-07-10 at 07:59 PM.