Deleted

Legacy loot in WoD raids.

Hey guys,
    Now that pre-patch is out in US has anyone tried out legacy loot for either highmaul or blackrock? Having tried it on beta it was still working as PL with the option of group loot now gone. Reported it as a bug on beta but curious to hear if it's still PL only on live. Since its 10 levels lower it should technically be on legacy loot automatically.

Deleted
    Legacy loot mode only works when you are 10 levels above the raid or dungeon you are doing, i assume because the bosses technically is around 102 or 103 they wont drop extra loot.

Deleted
    That did cross my mind however that would give the impression that legion raids and LFR would still be PL at 120 even though by that stage they're legacy content. With the removal of group loot would make legion t-mog a lot harder to get and spec specific which is what I thought legacy loot was implemented to avoid.

Unfortunately we won't be able to know until roughly 11 hours from now.

It doesn't work in WoD raids. Only MoP and below.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It doesn't work in WoD raids. Only MoP and below.
    Once these updates are implemented, entering a dungeon or raid that is trivial for you (i.e.: your character is 10 or more levels higher than the dungeon or raid’s intended level) will activate a “legacy loot mode.”
    The wording from blizzard certainly seems ambiguous then as the 'intended' level for WoD is 100, any 110 should have legacy enabled surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink 182 View Post
    The wording from blizzard certainly seems ambiguous then as the 'intended' level for WoD is 100, any 110 should have legacy enabled surely.
    You are citing an excerpt from the EU blue, there is an excerpt from the US blue which says "more than 10" (so these morons contradict each other right in their blues), but none of this matters because what I am saying is from experience - there is no legacy loot in WoD raids in BFA. Yes, it is dumb, but that's how it is. Let's tell them to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 182 View Post
    WoD raid stuff is technically around lv 103 or so. So it would have an effect til we're around lv 113+
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I think it strange that they would "technically around 103" it when it says 100. Not saying that it doesn't makes sense to people in the know but it seems like an awfully confusing thing to do to the masses.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2018-07-17 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I think it strange that they would "technically around 103" it when it says 100. Not saying that it doesn't makes sense to people in the know but it seems like an awfully confusing thing to do to the masses.
    But isn't that the "Boss rule" for levels? Bosses or "??" enemies are always 3 levels above the max level of the expansion they belong to. At least for Raids that is. It's maybe confusing that it doesn't show the actual level for bosses and stuff but that was always the rule.

That said the wording from blizzard is a bit strange that's definitly true. Because the "dungeon or raid’s intended level" shouldn't be measured on the Enemy levels imo.

On Topic:
    I think it's strange that the indicator for something being trivial is a 10 lvl difference. Last expansion content gets solo cleared relatively early by now.
    Last edited by Allenschezar; 2018-07-17 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    But isn't that the "Boss rule" for levels? Bosses or "??" enemies are always 3 levels above the max level of the expansion they belong to. At least for Raids that is. It's maybe confusing that it doesn't show the actual level for bosses and stuff but that was always the rule.

That said the wording from blizzard is a bit strange that's definitly true. Because the "dungeon or raid’s intended level" shouldn't be measured on the Enemy levels imo.

On Topic:
    I think it's strange that the indicator for something being trivial is a 10 lvl difference. Last expansion content gets solo cleared relatively early by now.
    Like I said. To those in the know it makes sense. Very confusing to those that just place this game on the swing. I guess its a way of keeping last expansion mogs slightly more rare and only once it gets to 2 expansions does it not? Not something I really worry about all that often just a thought I had.

Deleted
    On Topic:
    Hell normal mythic 5 mans have been soloable for well over a year now in legion, and emerald nightmare/nighthold may as well already be legacy content. I'm well aware that skulls have always had a hidden level that's 3 higher than players but legion raids aren't 'intended' for level 113 now are they?

To further this sort of thing on the group finder all draenor raids are of course under the 'Legacy raid' section as will legion raids be come 120 which only further adds to confusion if they're not going to be working with legacy loot.

Tested it just now. My 110 warrior soloed Zakuun and I only got 1 piece of loot.