Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    35/36 and just missing Mistweaver (which I've heard is somewhat manageable with fistweaving)
    What else are you going to do? Lightning the fuck out of mobs? Melee is the only option to deal proper dps as MW.

Just completed my 36/36 and as far as gearing goes, I actually ended up gearing multiple alts at once, and then tackling all the mage tower scenarios in a session of few days.

My general rule of gearing alts was to gear them up until a legendary drops for them (for any spec really, just for ilvl boost) + legendary freebie ring from antorus. That usually netted me 915-925 ilvl (over two resets, two full LFR clears + some relinquished gear/world bosses). I've run so much LFR that as sad as it sounds, I started to learn where I can afk in the raid safely without getting kicked, because I couldn't stomach it anymore (for example, on Hasabel I would enter first portal and then go afk there, no one ever notices you afk there, or on Imonar I always just go afk as soon as fight starts because that boss is always a one shot on LFR).

Anyway, gearing alts and learning new specs is mostly fun, but you are really running short of time so best of luck. Also seems like you are leaving the hardest challenges for the last (tank scenario is the hardest, healing is the most annoying).
    Last edited by melzas; 2018-07-09 at 08:18 AM.

You've been able to do the Mage Tower for a very long time. If you needed 130+ traits to complete it, maybe the skin isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    It literally takes like 1 hour 30 to get enough ilvl to trivialize the fights on a fresh char, boosted char.
    Uh, what? Does it also take you 1 hour 30 to level from 100-110? Somewhat exaggerated, no?

If you haven't done them by now then what have you been doing? There's been like a year to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    It literally takes like 1 hour 30 to get enough ilvl to trivialize the fights on a fresh char, boosted char.
    Care to explain how? Haven't played much this expansion and my priest is still 106 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Turil View Post
    Care to explain how? Haven't played much this expansion and my priest is still 106 ...
    What does your level have to do with this? He says "boosted char" in the end. And it's "ilvl" before that, as in itemlevel, not character levels.

I'm fully aware of this and want to know how he gears a fresh 110 char so that in 90 minutes you outgear the mage tower challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    i wish we had one more week, to complete our missing challenges!
    I wish Blizzard didn't just remove content for no reason.

It seems pretty clear that a lot of people are enjoying the challenge. They should scale it up, rebalance it, and keep it open indefinitely.

I'm fully aware of this and want to know how he gears a fresh 110 char so that in 90 minutes you outgear the mage tower challenge.
    Because the mage tower is balanced around 905-910 ilvls, and now you have 130 traits on top of that. So you don't need a lot of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I find gearing alts to the worst part of it by far...

Stupid relics.
    This.

I have collected 17 appereances across 8 classes. And i decided to stop (mage, druid and rogue left). I don't mind the challenges, but to think i have to gear again.... i have had enough XD

Problem is when you need to level up a character 1-110, gear him up through Veiled Argunite, LFR, World Bosses and Mythic+, learn how to play each spec (especially if you have been playing DPS-only for 12 years), learn how to beat the Mage Tower Challenge, make stupid mistakes (like failing double jump as a Havoc DH ) and run out of Nethershards. Wait a few days till your schedule aligns with Legion Invasions to farm some Nethershards. Make more stupid mistakes in the Mage Tower till you finally get your skin.

Now do this for 11 characters of different classes in 2 months while also writing a thesis report and having 1 month and a half to finish it. And going to lectures. And doing homework. Like, I managed to get 3 skins (Ret Pala, Holy Pala and Havoc DH) and I feel nice that I will be among the "few" (yeah right...) to have them in the future and I will feel like a "special snowflake" but can we like consider people who for reasons other than being bad players or whining about/hating on the game and then unsubbing, are unable to get all 36 skins? And I know you don't need to get all 36 skins (though completionists will disagree with you), I couldn't get even a half of them ones I wanted. I had to give up sooo many.

Arcane Mage
    Frost Mage
    Windwalker Monk
    Arms Warrior
    Discipline Priest
    Feral Druid
    Guardian Druid
    Elemental Shaman
    Unholy Death Knight
    Blood Death Knight
    Demonology Warlock
    Destruction Warlock
    "The Chosen"
    Elite PvP set for Havoc DH and a few other classes....

Just because people like being special snowflakes and Blizzard has to catter to them by making content unobtainable/legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    What else are you going to do? Lightning the fuck out of mobs? Melee is the only option to deal proper dps as MW.
    Mock me all you want, I've literally never touched Mistweaver, only heard that fistweaving used to be a legitimate playstyle for healing in much the same vein as discipline priest.

The only research I've done for any of the specs has been optimal Netherlight Crucible, the rest I figure out on the fly
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Because the mage tower is balanced around 905-910 ilvls, and now you have 130 traits on top of that. So you don't need a lot of time.
    Dude is it really that hard to understand? I am not interested in the WHY, I want to know the HOW. How do I geat gear up to 900+ with a fresh 110 in 90 minutes like he says?

Dude is it really that hard to understand? I am not interested in the WHY, I want to know the HOW. How do I geat gear up to 900+ with a fresh 110 in 90 minutes like he says?
    You cant. He's one of those guys that makes everything sound trivial because it makes him feel cool or something. Its not uncommon in this community.

World Quests on Argus. Antorus LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You cant. He's one of those guys that makes everything sound trivial because it makes him feel cool or something. Its not uncommon in this community.
    No, but i do think It's silly that people complain about not having time when its been out since forever. How much time can you possibly need?

I would say depending on rngusus you are looking at 10-16 hours to gear a character. Unless you have a pile of 880 tokens laying around. Relics are the most annoying hurdle since your stuck with a few rng rolls and a limited currency to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    I would say depending on rngusus you are looking at 10-16 hours to gear a character. Unless you have a pile of 880 tokens laying around. Relics are the most annoying hurdle since your stuck with a few rng rolls and a limited currency to buy them.
    He did say boosted character and they start with 880 ilvl.

He did say boosted character and they start with 880 ilvl.
    O my mistake then. They may want to grab a leggo but depending on the class just the one from argus should be enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    You've had over a year.
    honest, brutal...made me lol