Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will you miss Legendaries?

Yes i agree the way you obtained Legendaries at the beginning of the expansion sucked.
    But now that we have almost every single legendary i must say...i will miss them.

They are very interactive and give you opportunities to test different styles of play

The only thing bad about legendaries is the way you obtain them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example i just tested a completely different way to play Demon Hunter that i found EXTREMLY fun.
    I picked all talents that improved the damage of Fel Rush and Throw Glaive with Momentum and Fel Barrage.
    And used Mo'arg Bionic Stabilizers and Loramus Thalipedes' Sacrifice

The results (with only 940 item level):

Its a fun Cleave build with Fel Rush and Throw Glaive doing the most damage.
    Only useful in Mythic + and heavy AoE instances.
    But is so much fun!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about you? Will you miss legendaries?

Not the way you obtained them...i think everyone hated how we obtained legendaries.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries were either a disaster if you got bad ones at the start of expansion or a great experience if you got your bis early on. I've experienced bith situations and i rather see them gone and replaced with some mop style leggo.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Legendaries were either a disaster if you got bad ones at the start of expansion or a great experience if you got your bis early on. I've experienced bith situations and i rather see them gone and replaced with some mop style leggo.
    A simple solution would be to make them targetable.

Isn't the intent that azerite gear will be similar to legendary effects? Looking at the class specific azerite traits and legendary traits, they do not seem that different...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Isn't the intent that azerite gear will be similar to legendary effects? Looking at the class specific azerite traits and legendary traits, they do not seem that different...
    The majority of azerite gear do not enchance you class abilities.
    Some do, but is very rare.

They give more bonuses to stats and procs.

I would say they are a little bit less interactive to your playstyle.

They had some cool gameplay and that will be missed, but overall this is for the best. Gearing my main+alts will be way less obnoxious.

7+ Year Old Account
    my crippling gambling addiction says yes, the rational side of me says never again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill miss my gotta-go-fast boots and Cold Heart chest
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I will miss them because they were fun when you had them but not having to obtain them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I will miss them because they were fun when you had them but not having to obtain them.
    Yeah, thats what makes me mad

Its so cool once you obtain them...but is so frustrating to get them (well...not now)

i did like having them but obtaining the ones you wanted was a pain, i wouldn't mind if they stayed just with a better system for obtaining them

If they would just let us pick the ones we get or made them utility only, I would happily love to keep them in the game. Changing them out for niche situations or just needing more defense or healing is just pretty neat. The biggest issue with them is how many shitty ones there were and how much RNG was involved, but once you got them all, it was a pretty neat system where you'd swap out orange items when needed.

So yeah, I'd say bring the system back in 9.0 but ALLOW PLAYERS TO PICK THE ONE THEY WANT NEXT (like originally PLANNED from the fucking blizzcon), and allow the buying legendary system we got recently.

But you know, Blizzard hates fun and they'd rather use a hammer to remove something than use a scalpel to tweak it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The majority of azerite gear do not enchance you class abilities.
    Some do, but is very rare.

They give more bonuses to stats and procs.

I would say they are a little bit less interactive to your playstyle.
    I would disagree with the underlined part - specifically with azerite class traits. The 2 legendaries you listed were just straight throughput damage increases to certain abilities. Most of the class azerite traits are also damage bonuses, proc increases, or adding new effects that can/will directly affect the way you play. Ex - Devour

The generic traits though - I 100% agree. They are really boring, and don't serve any real purpose other than giving folks a feeling of progression (like a majority of the Legion artifact traits)

While I did like legendaries at the end of the expansion, they really sucked in the the beginning. And once you got most of them it was basically like an extra set of talents to chose from, but at the cost of having a bunch of additional items in your bags if you wanted to switch them out (both the legendaries and the epics to replace them). So all in all I don't think it was the most elegant system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I would disagree with the underlined part - specifically with azerite class traits. The 2 legendaries you listed were just straight throughput damage increases to certain abilities. Most of the class azerite traits are also damage bonuses, proc increases, or adding new effects that can/will directly affect the way you play. Ex - Devour
    I know Azerite traits that enhance your abilities exist. But there are not many.
    Even the example you gave is only a small stat buff.
    At least for Demon Hunter, the majority is procs and stat buffs.

But yeah, they exist but are not as heavy as legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will miss the ones that I have, I won't miss chasing the ones I lack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes. I don’t care about the RNG, Aggramar’s Stride and Sephuz’s secret were a godsend to ret paladins after our mobility was gutted. It’s going to suck walking at 100% instead of 150%.

Especially in older raids.

I didn't like how they prevented me from equipping tier pieces. If you already had the BiS Destro shoulders, Lessons of Space-Time, it really sucked when your 4th piece of tier dropped and they were your shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I know Azerite traits that enhance your abilities exist. But there are not many.
    Even the example you gave is only a small stat buff.
    At least for Demon Hunter, the majority is procs and stat buffs.

But yeah, they exist but are not as heavy as legendaries.
    The size of the buff is part of the scaling/balancing. I'm really hoping that they are balanced to be big enough to have an impact. If not, then they are completely useless. If they are big enough, then they will play a huge part in how to play your character. For that particular example, you would be wanting to keep that buff up all the time, which means adjusting your gameplay, similar to Legion legendaries.

Of course, this all relies on Blizz tuning them so that they have a real impact. I'm just being optimistic

With the current BFA class design, I'll miss anything that can give us spell / talents / something useful.