Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Was he paid a salary? Yes. Not entitled to overtime as far as I know.
    Did he have a contract? I don’t know
    I don’t know what the going salary is for chauffeurs. It seems he was paid pretty well. 62k-75k to drive a car is a decent salary.
    Lots of salaried people in the US work more than 40 hours a week.
    Myself, have been salaried since 1994 and wouldn’t have it any other way.
    Need more information as usual.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why didn't Trump pay health insurance for 8 years?
    Health insurance is a benefit my friend. Not all employers provide it, especially 25 years ago. Just like stock, 401k, PTO, HSA etc. All this should be factored in when accepting a job offer. Not just the salary.
    The person may not have put anything back into his 401k and now is looking to retire soon and needs to money. Sueing is an option to get money for retirement since he might not have thought ahead.

Cheers
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2018-07-10 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Health insurance is a benefit my friend. Not all employers provide it, especially 25 years ago. Just like stock, 401k, PTO, HSA etc. All this should be factored in when accepting a job offer. Not just the salary.
    The person may not have put anything back into his 401k and now is looking to retire soon and needs to money. Sueing is an option to get money for retirement since he might not have thought ahead.

Cheers
    That didn't answer a thing. Trump is a billionaire (maybe, we still have to see his tax returns), I think he can front the bill for his driver that works about 60 hours a week.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2018-07-10 at 02:06 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    He has a really solid case in the state of NY, you're fucking clueless as always. Or you feign ignorance of the law to defend your precious Donald.
    Cut him some slack, he's a underemployed non-college educated white guy living in rural Wisconsin, he's like client zero for Russian misinformation and conservative propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I don’t know what the going salary is for chauffeurs. It seems he was paid pretty well. 62k-75k to drive a car is a decent salary.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers
    And on that you are wrong out of the gate.

Salaried in NEW YORK still entitles you to overtime when you are over 40 hours in one week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    What shit is this? In proper countries you're entitled to either the fractional equivalent of your pseudo-hourly wage (based on your salary and the agreed on hours/week), or at least get a window during which you can compensate overtime with the same amount of free time. What a work "culture", jesus.
    Here, most times (Your State May Vary), you are paid X. Sick for 3 days? Same pay. Crunch time, 72 hour weeks because Reasons? Same pay.

You basically become the company's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    What shit is this? In proper countries you're entitled to either the fractional equivalent of your pseudo-hourly wage (based on your salary and the agreed on hours/week), or at least get a window during which you can compensate overtime with the same amount of free time. What a work "culture", jesus.
    In this country it varies by state.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why didn't Trump pay health insurance for 8 years?
    Because he has a plan where everyone is covered, its better, bigger, you are going to want to get sick with this coverage!

But.. in reality.. it was just about making sure poor people don't have an option and the rich get a percentage break.

As "driver" usually doesn't qualify as an executive, administrative, professional, or outside sale position according to the FLSA, there is no salary, only hourly pay. Trump also wasn't filing the annual wage statements, which is going to make this doubly difficult to get past a judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I read this, the driver should be Salary non-exempt, making them eligible for over time.
    If said driver's superiors treated him as exempt, then he might have a case here.

Salaried vs hourly by itself makes little difference here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And on that you are wrong out of the gate.

Salaried in NEW YORK still entitles you to overtime when you are over 40 hours in one week.
    Not an Internet law expert my friend. Nor do I pretend to be one.

Whatever he sues for, if he gets an lawyer involved, about a 1/3 of it will go to lawyer fees.

Cheers

Is Trump running low on money? Anyhow such a cheap ass...

Not an Internet law expert my friend. Nor do I pretend to be one.
    If you're not then why try and act like you were?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Would be nice to know, but apparently he's been "audited" for over two years now and can't release them even though he actually can when audited.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Because he has a plan where everyone is covered, its better, bigger, you are going to want to get sick with this coverage!

But.. in reality.. it was just about making sure poor people don't have an option and the rich get a percentage break.
    I wouldn’t call 75k/year exactly “poor” my friend.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

“Reportedly” he may be. Like so many other things. Lol...

Cheers

“Reportedly” he may be. Like so many other things. Lol...

Cheers
    If only he did what every other president does and released those tax returns, then it wouldn't be "reportedly" anymore, but you and your ilk hate those kinds of facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of evidence, that during "the apprentice", he was broke. But we may never know for sure, since I give low odds of him ever being forced to disclose his finances (I suspect he'll plead the 5th before doing that).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Cheers
    I wouldn't exactly call my statement having anything to do with income.

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on where you live.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

You can still earn overtime as a salary employee.

just an example:NY police officers are salaried, and can still earn overtime...

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/caree...-benefits.page

A career with the NYPD means receiving a reliable benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid sick leave, and retirement funds. In addition to a salary, compensation includes longevity pay, holiday pay, and uniform allowance, along with opportunities for overtime.

And you would be wrong and a simple google search would show you that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

in NYC...ya that's poor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Why didn’t he quit and continued to work for Trump 25years?
    Maybe he did not know he was able to collect overtime? It is actually the employers responsibility to post rules regarding wages and we know trump and following rules