Coming back to WoW

Guys,

Is it a good time to come back or wait until BfA releases? I took a break after burnout 6 7 months ago and have all classes at level 110 except rogue, paladin, hunter and druid. My main was monk (ilvl 960-970) and alt mage. I mainly raided normal and heroic raids and m+ and did occasional pvp.

I am thinking of subscribing and start leveling the classes i dont have at max level or collect some leggos for other classes. Is it silly to do this or wait until BfA? Did Blizz make changes to drop rates of leggos and pantheon trinkets?

Please advise. Much appreciated - thank you.

I would advise to wait at least 3 more months before coming back. Possible up to 7 months.

However, you could also start playing now if you feel like it and want to enjoy some content before BFA is released.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I wouldn't say there's much point in getting legendaries at the moment.

Sure you can still use them for a while and halfway through leveling in Battle, but other than that it's mostly just a collector's game in that regard. Don't believe there's any changes to droprates but I don't see any reason to focus on getting those unless it's to say you have them all.

Leveling classes is fine, always is. Still a month's time to get any class ready for Battle while doing the occasional pre-patch content that's incoming in the near future.

So if you wanna collect legendaries, just 'cause, then by all means. If you wanna level, then you can do that any time and at least have a month to get ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally see no reason to come back with the intention of hunting for gear. It'll all be redundant very soon. That doesnt mean dont come back. You still have about a week to do any mage tower challanges you wanna do. Then most probably at the 17th (18th for eu) pre-patch will hit, which will be fun - a chaotic unbalanced mess - but fun nonetheless.

Telling MMO-Champion that you wanna play the game. Inb4 the horde of haters.

I heard leveling is headache now compared to previous leveling - questing > dungeon? Is it true? What is the best way to level now - if possible in some details pls.

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    I heard leveling is headache now compared to previous leveling - questing > dungeon? Is it true? What is the best way to level now - if possible in some details pls.
    It's fun though. People complained that leveling was too easy for years. Now they did something about it, now people are calling it a "headache" because it takes a bit longer.

Leveling is fine, it's just slower.

If you don't care about rep, you can pvp from 100-110 in a few days of casual bgs.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I love lvling now. Just classes don't get much on their way to max lvl. 1 Talent every 15 lvl. After lvl 60 no more important spells. You only get some passivs. But still, Lvling with quest, some instances or even some bg's is great at the moment. I'm lvling a Shaman, a DK and a DH right now. Aaannnd started a mage 3 days ago.

It's not a headache but a bit slower than before. If you decide to level multiple characters in a row, I can imagine it can get veru boring.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    It's fun though. People complained that leveling was too easy for years. Now they did something about it, now people are calling it a "headache" because it takes a bit longer.

Leveling is fine, it's just slower.
    I am currently leveling a Void Elf Warlock for the heritage set, and oh my the Karazhan leveling-spree was some of the most fun I've had in years. Going into it as level 72 and have them hit you like a truck until you get ever so slightly higher, high enough to start pulling areas by areas.
    Yes, overall it feels a tad slower, but the Karazhan bit weighted in on a more joyous side of the leveling.

Back to the topic. Whether you choose to subscribe to level alts now, pre-patch or in Battle for Azeroth is something for you to decide. If you want a fresh feeling I would recommend you wait 1+ week(s, we don't know for sure it's 17th/18th pre-patch comes) as the pre-patch introduces another stat squish & completely reworks some specs/classes (*points at Demonology*), making it feel like a completely different experience.

Only other thing they have done to the legendary system in Legion is the ability to buy tokens to discover your loot spec legendary. I reckon they won't up it anymore as it's already high enough. Regardless, they just become stat sticks after passing level 115 (effects negated at level 116+), therefore there's no specific need for you to grind some legendary equipment.
    It's another deal if it's for your main alt, but presumably you already have some for that character.

So it would be okay time to come back and level up, not just raiding or other serious stuffs? What are you are thoughts?

Deleted
    I think its a good time to come back to WoW, at least if you feel like playing again. There are some stuff you can do before the get removed. For instance mage tower challenges, even if you don't care about the appearances you can get, they are still pretty fun to do. Besides that I think you can better level your alts to max before you jump into the new content coming with the expansion.

Also if you haven't done it yet, you could decide on what you are gonna play in BfA. In this case having all classes at max is pretty useful.

If you are into this kind of shit, start some goldfarming. Plenty of new items, mounts, toys, etc. to buy once you get rep done and stuff in BfA.

So yeah, I just returned after a little 2 months break (which is close to nothing ofc), I think its a great time to return if you feel like playing WoW.

I would come back and watch some streams to understand what you are coming back to. If not, you could get left back. Time apart from wow is ok. but at what cost?

Yes, if you think you want any of the hidden artifact appearances.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s takes longer but I personally find it to be more fun. Those who don’t like are the ones that only want to hit max level ASAP rather than enjoy the ride. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    I bailed months ago too and here's my take:

First, you're fine on gear etc. I can't see any reason to care about legendaries, pantheon trinkets, etc. They're all irrelevant a couple of weeks into BfA.

So the question is, do you want to play BfA at all? If so, do you want to start on day 1? If you want to raid or do other things with a guild or your friends, probably. In that case, come back sometime during prepatch so you can get used to the new talents, clean out your bank, etc. A couple of weeks is plenty of time for that.

Alternatively if you don't care about raiding etc and are going casual, you can come back after summer if you want. Hell, you can wait until 8.1 or whatever. That's just on you. Personally, that's what I'm going to do - summer is short and I'm not raiding, etc. I'll come back in October or whenever the weather turns.