Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    They want to force people to buy boosts.
    What are these rep boosts you imply exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    But still a BFA feature released as early access.
    It's really not.

It's from Legion content.
    It comes as a bundled in bonus.

That's like saying any time a game gives you a skin/perk for pre-ordering a game, it's a feature suddenly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's really not.

It's from Legion content.
    It comes as a bundled in bonus.

That's like saying any time a game gives you a skin/perk for pre-ordering a game, it's a feature suddenly.
    When you get it for buying a certain xpac it kind of is mate. Not buying the xpac does not grant you access.

When you get it for buying a certain xpac it kind of is mate. Not buying the xpac does not grant you access.
    Except yet again, it's labeled as a perk for pre-ordering.

Nothing about being the expansion ITSELF that gives it, but the act of paying for the expansion EARLY.

Is the 110 boost suddenly BfA content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except yet again, it's labeled as a perk for pre-ordering.

Nothing about being the expansion ITSELF that gives it, but the act of paying for the expansion EARLY.

Is the 110 boost suddenly BfA content?
    No, because the 110 boost is available separately.

I've unlocked all the allied races and I still think the rep requirements are pretty dumb. We didn't have to unlock draenei, blood elves, and the other races by doing dull quests for weeks. They were selling points of the expansions they came with, and so are allied races. You should just get them because you bought the expansion.

Deleted
    No, it's an extra perk for pre-ordering.

Hence, it's tied to finishing Legion content. Like I said several times, the Allied Races that are new content for the new expansion are Kul'tirans, Dark Iron, Zandalari, and Mag'har.
    Hence, their content is tied to BfA content.
    You're wrong and you're arguing semantics now and I even have a feeling you know it yourself.

Either way its obvious you've made up your mind and nothing will change that and continuing this discussion would be a waste of time.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    To the OP's point, he has to do content he does not like in order to access the thing he wants.
    Fair enough argument, and a valid opinion on the content (everyone is allowed to like/dislike whatever).
    The "gating" concept, however, is not really new, given that there are a few elements in the game that require "old content" in some fashion.
    Such as:
    - DK (must have at least 1 level 55 character, which you do in Vanilla content)
    - DH (must have at least 1 level 70 character, I think is the requirement, which is Vanilla and BC/Wrath)
    - Flying in WoD areas (requires pathfinder, doing WoD stuff)
    - Flying in Legion areas (requires pathfinder, doing Legion stuff)

These requirements were also met with moans and groans, but they are requirements all the same.
    The difference of course is that you don't need to grind to exalted with a BC rep to get DKs, or a WoD rep to get DH classes unlocked, they are simply tied to a character level and the purchase of their respective xpacs.
    For the Pathfinders, they don't have any pre-requisites from their predecessors, either; it was all relevant content within its own xpac.

The thing to note as well was the "early access" to DH (pre-purchase of Legion allowed you to do the 'starting zone' and level to 100, then go raid and do things for the last few weeks of WoD, as a DH).
    You didn't need rep to unlock DH, just a level 70 or higher and the pre-order, but it was a requirement all the same.
    That's where these 4 allied races draw similarities; to unlock them, you pre-order, and you do the requirement, in this case, rep with the relevant faction instead of character level-based.
    The other difference is that the level restrictions can be circumvented by character boosts (either free ones for pre-order or by purchase), whereas there are no true auxiliary options for reputation (aside from having a mass amount of alts and sending all BOA rep tokens to one toon), so you can get around the restrictions of DK/DH.
    The other thing to note is that Pathfinders are only relevant to their content; if I didn't have WoD pathfinder, I can still fly anywhere else that's not WoD (given that it allows flying and I have met the prerequisite), so those don't prohibit future content, only past.

It sucks, but it is what it is.
    It's something they felt was appropriate, in that you experience the story with these factions, earn their trust, then they agree to join you (kind of, except both factions did the same things for the same factions up to this point... but I digress).
    This makes sense; why would they help you unless you, the fabled 'Hero' and 'Commander', earn their trust?

Maybe once BfA goes live and Legion is fully in the rear view mirror, they will reduce the requirements to 'complete the main story quests', or even just straight up unlock them for anyone with BfA on their account by allowing you to do the unlock quests without rep.
    Maybe wait a month, see how it plays out, then if not, bite the bullet and just get it over with.

No, because the 110 boost is available separately.
    And yet we still don't know if the allied races are.

That's what I said from the start.
    We'll have to see when the expansion launches.

And even if it's tied to the purchase of BfA, they've made it quite clear from the start that it required legion content.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet we still don't know if the allied races are.

That's what I said from the start.
    We'll have to see when the expansion launches.
    Now you're just starting to make less sense than you already did

And even if it's tied to the purchase of BfA, they've made it quite clear from the start that it required legion content.
    Yes, and I never disagreed with that. The only thing we said is since it requires purchase of BFA, makes this a BFA feature. This has 0,0 do do with the additional unlock requirements, since you could have completed those, yet not pre-purchased the expansion.

But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

Now you're just starting to make less sense than you already did

Yes, and I never disagreed with that. The only thing we said is since it requires purchase of BFA, makes this a BFA feature. This has 0,0 do do with the additional unlock requirements, since you could have completed those, yet not pre-purchased the expansion.

But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree
    I don't get how that's less sense?

Prepurchase for EARLY access implies at some point, it's going to be accessable.

We don't know if it's a demon hunter type deal, or if it's going to be open to everyone who fit the requirements.
    Aka- someone who did the rep but never bought BfA might be able to do it after the patch goes live.

I mean, the horde ones were technically gated as well, so any new player that wants to play those races has a grind on their hands. But yes, I agree, these 2 in particular are a big grind. I used my WoD boost on a dk, and have been playing him to experience the legion end game, and had a blast, but the 2 reps for void elf and light forged draenei are very tedious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    SO they are not Legion Allied Races.
    only someone VERY silly would use that mental gymnastics seeing that you need to do LEGION content to get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    It is brutal for returning players. I won't even step foot in Suramar now. So over it.
    then you are more then silly seeing that you can do Suramar lazy in a week now that all gating there is gone.

Deleted
    I don't get how that's less sense?

Prepurchase for EARLY access implies at some point, it's going to be accessable.

We don't know if it's a demon hunter type deal, or if it's going to be open to everyone who fit the requirements.
    Aka- someone who did the rep but never bought BfA might be able to do it after the patch goes live.
    Ah yes, i bet Blizzard will use that strategy to not call it "BfA Content"

They are just going to make those allied races obtainable without BfA required in the future to justify it.

IMO it is the shadiest thing to do. Just like a shady car salesman.

As of right now, those allied races ARE BfA Content.
    You can not obtain them if you dont buy BfA.
    I even made a thread on this topic

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...A-quot-Content

Its absolutely BfA content (as of right now)

And i dont think its acceptable for people to do Legion Content once BfA comes out.
    And your possible scenario of making them accessible without BfA in the future is the SHADIEST thing ever made in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Then I realized I had to grind Argus to get it. And it's not only that I need to get to exalted on both Argus factions (wtf?), I have to do the basically worst world content in the worst open world zones ever. I mean seriously, who thought this would be a neat idea?
    "You helped me out, now I'll join your faction" is literally the entire concept behind allied races. Bad luck that you chose the two races you don't actually want to help I guess.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harper View Post
    I've unlocked all the allied races and I still think the rep requirements are pretty dumb. We didn't have to unlock draenei, blood elves, and the other races by doing dull quests for weeks. They were selling points of the expansions they came with, and so are allied races. You should just get them because you bought the expansion.
    good for you to have an opinion. thank god Blizzard themself is against hand outs for lazy slackers who want everything on a silver platter....

These allied races with their heritage armor was moreso to help introduce the new leveling system to everyone.
    If everyone else has to grind the content, why can't you? Cause you don't want to? sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrenalyn View Post
    These allied races with their heritage armor was moreso to help introduce the new leveling system to everyone.
    If everyone else has to grind the content, why can't you? Cause you don't want to? sucks.
    What about a person who skipped Legion and bought BfA.
    What are you going to tell him?

"Oh its Legion Content"?

Its not
    So what are you going to tell him?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-07-13 at 09:01 PM.

OT: the Argus reputations are incredibly easy to get. The Argus campaign is short and mandatory to get the netherlight crucible which will make you competitive at Mac level. And every quest you see in 3 zones offers gains to the reps you want.
    The Suramar rep grind is by far the longest, just due to the length of the Suramar questing. Suramar questing and rep grind takes longer than the 2 argus rep grinds combined.
    But I'm not complaining, Suramar is the best zone Blizz has released since Wrath. Not completing to 100% is a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What about a person who skipped Legion and bought BfA.
    What are you going to tell him?

"Oh its Legion Content"?

Its not
    So what are you going to tell him?
    It's Legion content.
    Because at that point, they already bought BfA so it's irrelevant if they own it or not.