Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will classic have current moderation or vanilla moderation?

Something to think on. Blizzard has gotten a lot more draconian over the years over what you can and can't say in game. Will this carry over to classic or will it have the more laid back moderation like original wow had?

"Draconian".

There is a difference between saying what you want and being deliberately rude/spamming.

Also their punishment moderation is way more lax than it was back then outside of chat. 6 month bans instead of permanent ones now for breaking the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modern day WoW has Draconian moderation? Fuck, somebody tell the Trump Incel Brigade on Sargeras trade chat that...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the game is a nostalgia trip to the past, does not mean they are going to throw out all their policies. It will be moderated exactly the same as retail. Thinking anything else is just idiocy. They have been making massive pushes to improve social interactions, and they would not backslide to keep provide a small handful of players a more "true" vanilla experience.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Just because the game is a nostalgia trip to the past, does not mean they are going to throw out all their policies. It will be moderated exactly the same as retail. Thinking anything else is just idiocy. They have been making massive pushes to improve social interactions, and they would not backslide to keep provide a small handful of players a more "true" vanilla experience.
    You can't "improve" social interactions... you can only restrict them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    You can't "improve" social interactions... you can only restrict them.
    Wrong. Patently Wrong.
    You can encourage positive interactions like they have done in Overwatch and have demonstrated success with by using Endorsements. By encouraging and rewarding helpful/positive interactions you naturally improve overall social interactions, this is done because there are incentives to be nice, but no incentives for being a tool, and human beings are naturally inclined to seek rewards.

Therefore, social interactions improve.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Wrong. Patently Wrong.
    You can encourage positive interactions like they have done in Overwatch and have demonstrated success with by using Endorsements. By encouraging and rewarding helpful/positive interactions you naturally improve overall social interactions, this is done because there are incentives to be nice, but no incentives for being a tool, and human beings are naturally inclined to seek rewards.

Therefore, social interactions improve.
    Ah yes the super fun time game overwatch where not folding to the screaming demands of your team to change heroes can get you banned...

Are you trolling me brother?

Culture and I am sure (guessing) even laws have changed since then. It would be unwise for Blizzard to just purely roll but the clock on this. But I have to say that I hardly notice the difference from then and now.. but I guess that has a lot to do with me never really.. you know... getting involved with moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes the super fun time game overwatch where not folding to the screaming demands of your team to change heroes can get you banned...

Are you trolling me brother?
    Only troll right now appears to be you. I have provided a factual use case scenario. You evidently have not been on OW recently because since the implementation of Endorsement trolling/harassment has declined drastically. You seem to want to assume the worse and want support a forum of chat that had basically zero moderation and was toxic as hell (barrens chat case in point). If you can only react by stating "R U Troll brother?" instead of acknowledging that every other post in this thread has been in support of new moderation, you might want to evaluate your stance.

Only troll right now appears to be you. I have provided a factual use case scenario. You evidently have not been on OW recently because since the implementation of Endorsement trolling/harassment has declined drastically. You seem to want to assume the worse and want support a forum of chat that had basically zero moderation and was toxic as hell (barrens chat case in point). If you can only react by stating "R U Troll brother?" instead of acknowledging that every other post in this thread has been in support of new moderation, you might want to evaluate your stance.
    Yes it is as you say in your own rebuttal that I desire a vanilla experience in my classic wow. Is it so hard to grasp that some people don't enjoy a nanny butting into their play?

Your version of a community is banning everyone who doesn't think like you. I'm just all inclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is as you say in your own rebuttal that I desire a vanilla experience in my classic wow. Is it so hard to grasp that some people don't enjoy a nanny butting into their play?

Your version of a community is banning everyone who doesn't think like you. I'm just all inclusive.
    Except its not. The endorsement system does nothing to penalize toxic speech, it just rewards positive inclusion. Try harder.

Also to turn this into a it wasn't in Vanilla so it doesn't belong in Classic is hilarious. No one is suppressing your own speech. You were able to report people for toxicity in vanilla, just took a few more steps. Trust me, i know, i received a 72hr ban in vanilla because 17 year old me couldn't keep his mouth shut. Sorry if you think the game should allow people to be hateful/toxic to each other. There are much bigger changes to classic coming that you should be upset over, instead of modernization of a chat system.

Except its not. The endorsement system does nothing to penalize toxic speech, it just rewards positive inclusion. Try harder.

Also to turn this into a it wasn't in Vanilla so it doesn't belong in Classic is hilarious. No one is suppressing your own speech. You were able to report people for toxicity in vanilla, just took a few more steps. Trust me, i know, i received a 72hr ban in vanilla because 17 year old me couldn't keep his mouth shut. Sorry if you think the game should allow people to be hateful/toxic to each other. There are much bigger changes to classic coming that you should be upset over, instead of modernization of a chat system.
    And one day the sun will burn out so why bother. I don't get people with you mentality of there are always bigger problems to fix. Just come out and say you enjoy heavy moderation it isn't a crime. Just don't start telling other people they enjoy it or try to downplay the negative aspects of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And one day the sun will burn out so why bother. I don't get people with you mentality of there are always bigger problems to fix. Just come out and say you enjoy heavy moderation it isn't a crime. Just don't start telling other people they enjoy it or try to downplay the negative aspects of it.
    You are literally complaining about a nonproblem. Vanilla people could get bans for being toxic. Legion people could get bans for being toxic. The only thing that changed is the ability to right click and report for toxicity, vs opening a ticket and doing it. Legion is not full of carebears and hugs, trade chat is just as toxic as ever, literally last night on Stormrage-US people were arguing about whether incels should be allowed to treat their wives as property. Flip back to Vanilla and i remember witnessing a 45min debate in barren chat about why Hitler did not try hard enough to fix the world's imperfections. There is essentially no difference in the systems in place, just differences on ease of access to said systems.

(also i do not support either of those topics used as examples)

You are literally complaining about a nonproblem. Vanilla people could get bans for being toxic. Legion people could get bans for being toxic. The only thing that changed is the ability to right click and report for toxicity, vs opening a ticket and doing it. Legion is not full of carebears and hugs, trade chat is just as toxic as ever, literally last night on Stormrage-US people were arguing about whether incels should be allowed to treat their wives as property. Flip back to Vanilla and i remember witnessing a 45min debate in barren chat about why Hitler did not try hard enough to fix the world's imperfections. There is essentially no difference in the systems in place, just differences on ease of access to said systems.

(also i do not support either of those topics used as examples)
    It's a non problem for yourself since you don't enjoy it. I don't get why you believe your love for stricter moderation is something other people would see as a positive. I'm sure some do and some prefer how the internet was before this fad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a non problem for yourself since you don't enjoy it. I don't get why you believe your love for stricter moderation is something other people would see as a positive. I'm sure some do and some prefer how the internet was before this fad.
    Please read my posts again. I have never stated i support for stricter moderation. I have only outright stated i am for systems that encourage positive and inclusive speech and treatment of others. WOW has not got any stricter with moderation than it was 12 years ago. You can still largely get away with anything in WOW chat. They just made the menus to report simpler, they did not change the overall process.

Please read my posts again. I have never stated i support for stricter moderation. I have only outright stated i am for systems that encourage positive and inclusive speech and treatment of others. WOW has not got any stricter with moderation than it was 12 years ago. You can still largely get away with anything in WOW chat. They just made the menus to report simpler, they did not change the overall process.
    This is what we call cognitive dissonance... you don't want moderation you simply want a system that "moderates" behavior...

Moderation on WoW has never been draconian. Debates and discussions from an other world to the /1 of the Barrens from the trade chat nowadays have always been on a daily basis. The policies of Blizzard have evolved in a way that you can easily report someone with a click instead of a ticket that took forever. So you will have this in Classic.
    But I'm afraid your so called "draconian" moderation is a thing of your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something to think on. Blizzard has gotten a lot more draconian over the years over what you can and can't say in game. Will this carry over to classic or will it have the more laid back moderation like original wow had?
    Obviously current type moderation. No question, though they are more relaxed than they used to but WoW is experiencing huge numbers of bad assets that we need to just keep it strict without too much bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

And I have to agree with people, current moderation isn't even near 'draconian'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Obviously current type moderation. No question, though they are more relaxed than they used to but WoW is experiencing huge numbers of bad assets that we need to just keep it strict without too much bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

And I have to agree with people, current moderation isn't even near 'draconian'.
    I don't know about bad assets but I can respect different strokes for different folks. Why I wish there was a guild clause in wow. Where gchat is free chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about bad assets but I can respect different strokes for different folks. Why I wish there was a guild clause in wow. Where gchat is free chat.
    No thanks, fuck no. If shit goes down in a guild chat, that shit should be able to be reported with consequences. Guild chat is already free chat, if you know how to behave.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..