Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Brett Kavanaugh - SCOTUS Pick

Since this topic exists, it is now about the negative response of the pick. Let's post all the loony stuff from the left on this nominee.

I heard on one of the morning news stations on the way into work today, that a "rebuke" letter of Trumps pick for the SCOTUS was released where they forgot to replace (x x) in the letter with the nominees name. Color me surprised that the full letter rebuking his choice was written before he even made his choice. Whoever forgot to put the name in really makes the Democrats look petty. Looking for the story online, will post when found. Just had to post this because it tickled me.

In an embarrassing blunder, though, the Women's March statement began: "In response to Donald Trump's nomination of XX to the Supreme Court" -- indicating that the group didn't expect to have to change its pre-written press release much on Monday night.
    Apparently, leftwing protests are violent, again how unexpected:

Fox News anchor Shannon Bream was scheduled to broadcast her 11pm ET show from outside the court, but it was moved back to the D.C. studio because of threats.

Edit:

Topic now not relevant to politics and thus not duplicated, but to social response of the pick.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2018-07-10 at 04:32 PM.

I always wonder when one of you people post these threads: do you just look at the politics subform and say “I don’t give a $%@#”???

Post it there.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Duplicate threads are duplicates.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Supreme-Court

We also have a politics sub-forum, which is where this kind of discussion belongs.
    I see you have trouble reading and understanding the OP's post.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I see you have trouble reading and understanding the OP's post.
    You do realize that the OP has been edited after that person has posted this?
    Last edited by Kiri; 2018-07-10 at 05:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    I heard on one of the morning news stations on the way into work today, that a "rebuke" letter of Trumps pick for the SCOTUS was released where they forgot to replace (x x) in the letter with the nominees name. Color me surprised that the full letter rebuking his choice was written before he even made his choice. Whoever forgot to put the name in really makes the Democrats look petty. Looking for the story online, will post when found. Just had to post this because it tickled me.
    Yeah that's what happens when people forget politics is about the policy and ideas and not about finding a person to attack.

Last edited by PC2; 2018-07-10 at 05:19 PM.

I will have an issue if it turns out to be true that this was an agreement between Kennedy and Trump. It's indicative of the exact swamp culture that the Trumpsters are claiming they oppose.

It was very nice of those NBC reporters to through that out there, let it get RT'd into mythology, then one of them sheepish tweet out that there isn't actually a lick of evidence for it, she was just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post

Apparently, leftwing protests are violent, again how unexpected:

Edit:

Topic now not relevant to politics and thus not duplicated, but to social response of the pick.
    People were "outraged" before he even announced his pick...lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's not political", says the OP who opens his post with "let's post all the loony stuff from the left on this nominee".

This is truly bordering on pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    early to mid 2016-McConnell and Trump-no appointee until after the election.
    early to mid 2018-McConnell and Trump-must be confirmed before the election.
    Nothing but pure, unadulterated hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, his pick was pretty much predictable. As far to the right as he can manage.
    The Federalist Society's choice of nominee is predictable, yes.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

i am glad trump won and got his first pick and soon second.

MAGA!

Does the SC stand for Supreme Cunt? I thought that name was already taken when Trump was elected

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

the dem's would of done the same thing and they could of gotten someone in before trump won, but they were so sure that hillary was going to win they didn't do the nuclear option

dem's are just mad because they are failing and trump is doing a good job at making them and rhino's look bad

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

no that's called politics. what do democrats do in dc besides complain and chant impeach 45?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    no that's called politics. what do democrats do in dc besides complain and chant impeach 45?
    Please do explain what avenues the opposition party can take advantage of that the Democrats aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    the dem's would of done the same thing and they could of gotten someone in before trump won, but they were so sure that hillary was going to win they didn't do the nuclear option
    I'll take "I have no idea what the nuclear option is, I just heard it used and assume it means forcing through legislation without a majority" for 400, Alex.

dem's are just mad because they are failing and trump is doing a good job at making them and rhino's look bad
    Hm.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    i am glad trump won and got his first pick and soon second.

MAGA!
    Honestly, anyone that need to add MAGA in their comment, sounds like a raging lunatic imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Please do explain what avenues the opposition party can take advantage of that the Democrats aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take "I have no idea what the nuclear option is, I just heard it used and assume it means forcing through legislation without a majority" for 400, Alex.

Hm.
    i dunno actually participate in the process rather than trying to blame the opposition for things everyone voted on? get over the fact that you lost a nomination because you think 20 states are capable of carrying enough votes to get anything major done?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    i dunno actually participate in the process rather than trying to blame the opposition for things everyone voted on?
    And how exactly are they supposed to participate in the process? Be specific.

get over the fact that you lost a nomination because you think 20 states are capable of carrying enough votes to get anything major done?
    Personally, I'm more amused by the thought of the next Democrat having the stones to expand the court by three seats and fill it with the most left-leaning activist judges imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And how exactly are they supposed to participate in the process? Be specific.

Personally, I'm more amused by the thought of the next Democrat having the stones to expand the court by three seats and fill it with the most left-leaning activist judges imaginable.
    i already stated they don't participate in the process. that is in general. you can't be specific when they don't do anything useful. no it will be disappointment again. you'll cry about losing more nominations. you didn't read my first comment.

It's called winning something the Dem's could never do. #MAGA!