Returning player - have no idea what i'm doing.

Title.

I recently decided to return to the game after a long hiatus. I played beginning of Legion for a bit but that's it.

After buying bfa and using the 110 boost i have no clue what to do. I don't know if doing the class order hall is needed. I don't know if world quests are still relevant. I don't know if i need to do the class campaign. I don't know if i need to do suramar. I don't know if i need to do argus. I don't know if i need to do broken shore.

At the moment i've spent days doing the order hall quests, suramar and broken shore but i feel like i'm wasting my time, as it's late in the expans i do not know the benefits at all, but i don't want to be too far behind. I've just been questing and questing from quests i receive in dalaran and my order hall, but it seems they're leading to nowhere.

You should have a quest to go to Stormwind and onto Silithus where you can upgrade your artifact to a high level so do that 1st imo cause it will make your char more powerful. But after that its really its up to you, if you wanna get geared up a bit should head to argus, if you want to complete the class campaign and get your title and mount keep going with class order quests and broken shore.

Gotta ask yourself whats your goal? Wanna go do the raid? - gear up as much as possible and jump onto the grp finder.

Or experience a bit of the story? - go for class order quests/suramar

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    You should have a quest to go to Stormwind and onto Silithus where you can upgrade your artifact to a high level so do that 1st imo cause it will make your char more powerful. But after that its really its up to you, if you wanna get geared up a bit should head to argus, if you want to complete the class campaign and get your title and mount keep going with class order quests and broken shore.

Gotta ask yourself whats your goal? Wanna go do the raid? - gear up as much as possible and jump onto the grp finder.

Or experience a bit of the story? - go for class order quests/suramar
    Second this, except for gearing. No reason to get geared this late in the expac, unless you really want to for some strange reason or if you want to try and get artifact appearances from Mage Tower before it's gone. There's probably 0.5 - 1.5 weeks left for the latter as that's removed when the pre-patch drops, AFAIK.
    Whatever you do, though, do complete the Silithus questline for the artifact power-up, will make the game much smoother.

What do you want to complete before this xpac finishes?

Trying to learn your spec or class now is worthless cause of the changes in BfA and the prepatch will hit next tuesday.

So most stuff can be done at a later date but the Mage tower is gonna be removed at prepatch which i do believe will be next tuesday.

So ask yourself what are your goals?

10+ Year Old Account
    So theres really no point in coming back until the pre patch? I also only played 1 month or so into legion and quit so I have no idea what key runs or Mage tower is.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    So theres really no point in coming back until the pre patch? I also only played 1 month or so into legion and quit so I have no idea what key runs or Mage tower is.
    Probably should've waited till launch tbh. The prepatch isn't gonna be much content either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    "Key runs" known as mythic plus:
    http://www.wowhead.com/mythic-keysto...dungeons-guide

Mage tower:
    http://www.wowhead.com/mage-tower-building

I'd agree with the rest, this late there really isn't anything to do, especially for someone just returning. Unless you just want to experience the story of Argus or wish to unlock allied races, you're probably better off waiting for the expansion release, or if you really want to experience the class changes, next week when the pre-patch hits the servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're returning now, either enjoy playing the quests for awhile (Class, etc) or go to Broken Shore+Argus+LFR+Etc. for gearing up.

Then, repeat whichever you enjoy to learn your class/spec changes.

For a concrete "this will last!" goal... look up the relevant transmog, or factions you want collectibles from?
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.