Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    yea well my wife turned me down when i 1st aproached her. 2nd time was a charm and she admitted she wanted to see my try harder. yeah see things arent so black or white with women. they play these shitty catch me games that can cause you problems. ofc im not talking about every woman on the planet but many do this
    It's a thing called nature

There is such a thing as female nature, and male nature

We are not blank slates unlike what feminists and social constructivists want you to believe - and it sounds crazy to say that, but it really shouldn't

We are defined by our biology first, and while that is somewhat tempered into degrees by society, believing that male and female nature don't exist at all is like claiming sexual reproduction doesn't exist and hasn't evolved for millions of years in all complex life forms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    People like Harvey Weinstein, who forced himself on God knows how many women over the years, raped several, and destroyed the careers of anyone who spoke out against him?

Kevin Spacey, who's been accused of abuse by 16 different people?

Louis C.K., who admitted to making women watch him beat off?

Kind of seems like it's pretty easy to avoid doing those things accidentally.
    Aziz Ansari who did literally nothing...

Chris Hardwick who has had one seemingly unstable woman defame him while basically every other woman in his life past and present came to his defense...

Their careers have been, at best, severely damaged, and at worst, ended entirely. Based on quite literally nothing but the word of lone individuals in news articles.

Not everyone swept up in this #MeToo circus is Harvey Weinstein, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Aziz Ansari who did literally nothing...

Chris Hardwick who has had one seemingly unstable woman defame him while basically every other woman in his life past and present came to his defense...

Their careers have been, at best, severely damaged, and at worst, ended entirely. Based on quite literally nothing but the word of lone individuals in news articles.

Not everyone swept up in this #MeToo circus is Harvey Weinstein, friend.
    Literally nothing according to you. And Aziz Ansari is back at work as if nothing happened.

Chris Hardwick is accused of a long term psychologically and sexually abusive relationship, and rape. Again, pretty easy thing to avoid doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Chris Hardwick is accused of
    Yeah. Accused of, by a single, demonstrably bitter ex-girlfriend who, based on her own text messages, for months couldn't get over Chris and wanted him back, who has a history, dating back before getting together with Chris, of mental instability, who spends her time on Reddit on a subreddit full of women echoing every single thing she says and where anything that questions what she's saying is removed immediately, and who is pushed on by a proven pervert and misogynist boyfriend, a typical whiteknighter who appropriates female struggles and yells to the world how he's the one doing the helping.

Meanwhile, four ex- and current girlfriends and wives have defended him, his mother-in-law is attacking Chloe as a complete liar, Chris' friends such as YNB are still calling him a friend, something they wouldn't be doing if there was a shred of doubt he's a sexual abuser.

Chloe needed to get help for some trauma. Instead she got into a bad relationship with a type A personality, who's probably also a bit of a prick. At this point, it's looking very convincingly like she made up most of the stuff in her head, and is embellishing the rest.

Yet, Hardwick lost his SDCC gigs, is at least temporarily (it'll become permanent soon enough when AMC grovels before the #MeToo-ists, most of whom are actually struggle-appropriating white-knighting men) being replaced in his Talking Dead gig, his Talking -show is on hold, and NBC will probably cancel the Wall soon. Plus, he's toxic now, and can't be hired for anything. His career is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally nothing according to you. And Aziz Ansari is back at work as if nothing happened.

Chris Hardwick is accused of a long term psychologically and sexually abusive relationship, and rape. Again, pretty easy thing to avoid doing.
    And who's to say he fucking didn't? We have the word of one person... But that's all it takes to be tried and convicted in the #MeToo kangaroo court. And there is NOTHING he can ever do about it... Unless he secretly recorded everything he did his entire life, how could he ever possibly disprove these allegations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Yeah and if a woman says that to him, it's harassment.
    A single comment is not "harassment". The only scenario where it would be applicable is a workplace/professional setting, where it would sexual harassment.

He didn't "make" anyone do anything. He told them he was going to masturbate and they stayed.

The way this is worded sounds like you're taking a "believe her" stance, which is exactly the kind of shit Cavill is talking about. Yes, rape, etc, are easy to avoid. But the Hardwick case is a perfect example of how easy it is to be falsely accused.

I'm disgusted at the rape apologists in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like he needs to grow up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Meanwhile, everyone else is disgusted by the fact that you don't understand how words work.

Grats on proving Cavill's point? All evidence points to Chloe being an obsessive ex lying about this to hurt him. Every other woman he's ever been with has come to his defense. Chloe's own video testimony gushes over how he's such a loving boyfriend during one of the events the Chloe Post tries to paint him as behaving monstrously. There are text messages from her trying to get back together with him almost a year after he dumped her for cheating on him.

She claims to have proof but its been over a month and that proof hasn't surfaced. Meanwhile Chris Hardwick's lost his job.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like Harvey Weinstein, who forced himself on God knows how many women over the years, raped several, and destroyed the careers of anyone who spoke out against him?

Kevin Spacey, who's been accused of abuse by 16 different people?

Kind of seems like it's pretty easy to avoid doing those things accidentally.
    you mean like Aziz Ansari ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Every time something like this comes up on MMO-C, it's the same garbage.

The Hardwick story and Jessica Price firing have made it very apparent that one group doesnt care about truth or facts. They only care about the narrative that was spun by an extremist on their end and ignore everything that doesnt fit. This includes the news sites that pander to that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    She claims to have proof but its been over a month and that proof hasn't surfaced. Meanwhile Chris Hardwick's lost his job.
    just to put a bit of an alternate perspective on this...

if you're in a career where, fundamentally, your persona and the public's idea of you is as much of an integral asset to your employment as is your skill at whatever thing it is you're doing, then the corollary there is that your employer's perception of the public perception, and your employer's perception of itself as relates to the public, is actually a bigger deal than anything you do (or don't do) in reality.
    this is the danger of being a public figure for a living, your livelihood is predicated on the good will of "the people" and of the platform presenting you to those people.

dykstra posted her thing on june 15h. legendary productions (that owns the nerdist) scrubbed the site of references to him on june 16th, AMC pulled his talk show june 17th, and he was removed from comic-con and the talking dead by the 19th.
    that's not an issue of "omg #metoo destroyed an innocent man's life" - that is the ridiculous fast-tracking of a company throwing someone under the bus, to the point where i'll admit i wonder if AMC had been wanting to ditch chris hardwick anyways and just used this as an excuse.

anyways, the point is that when you live your life on the graces of public perception and of the corporations funding you and their ideas of the public perception of you, there is a risk that those companies are gonna get cagey about certain things if they feel particularly sensitive about that segment of the cultural zeitgeist.
    blaming a social movement that is built on the collective frustrations of half the population being routinely treated like shit and having an entire part of their lives monopolized by (at best) concern for their well being or (at worst) fear for their life and physical safety for the fact that some media companies are very quick to fire their employees for any hint of a breach of public good-will is patently ridiculous.

Saying something ridiculous is worthy of ridicule.

"I'm afraid to date because I might be accused of rape" IS a ridiculous thing to say. I know the sweaty incel culture online is trying to condition you to believe it isn't, but it is.
    That's pretty obviously not what he said.

Responding to me (a married guy) commenting on Cavill (who is surely not particularly celibate) by referencing incel culture online seems like just another example of the hysteria culture that modern feminism has generated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Would an alternative be to allow these people to sue companies for unlawful termination or breach on contract when accusations prove unfounded?
    Accountability should go both ways after all.
    as a general rule i would think not, because the entire thing is basically impossible to prove either way.
    if for example chris hardwick sued AMC, the argument would have to be him proving that her allegations didn't reduce his bankability as a star, and i have no idea how you could do that.

that's ultimately the problem with having your career effectively be to "be popular" - that's a highly subjective designation in the first place, and your employer can drop you at any time for failing to do it hard enough, and it's basically impossible to prove either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Responding to me (a married guy) commenting on Cavill (who is surely not particularly celibate) by referencing incel culture online seems like just another example of the hysteria culture that a fairly consistent history in western culture of rape or sexual assault happening to about 1 in 5 women has generated.
    fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    fixed that for you.
    Everyone's favorite "one in five!" comes from a survey that includes drunk sex that the "victims" did not identify as rape. It's another example of rape hysteria culture.

The survey also includes questions that are almost comically leading:
    How many people have you had vaginal, oral, or anal sex with after they pressured youby...•doing things like telling you lies, making promises about the future they knew were untrue, threatening to end your relationship, or threatening to spread rumors about you?•wearing you down by repeatedly asking for sex, or showing they were unhappy?
    Characterizing someone "showing they were unhappy" prior to sex as an incident of sexual violence is what rape hysteria culture looks like in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That's pretty obviously not what he said.

Responding to me (a married guy) commenting on Cavill (who is surely not particularly celibate) by referencing incel culture online seems like just another example of the hysteria culture that modern feminism has generated.
    Being a married guy doesn't insulate you from buying into self-pitying bullshit like the incels push.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    All evidence points to Chloe being an obsessive ex lying about this to hurt him.
    Evidence, as in "I instantly doubt her story because of my agenda".

- - - Updated - - -

But they aren't rape apologists - if every woman who ever said she was raped is a lying bitch looking to get attention and ruin a poor innocent man's reputation, then there's no rape to apologise for.

QED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a thing called nature

There is such a thing as female nature, and male nature

We are not blank slates unlike what feminists and social constructivists want you to believe - and it sounds crazy to say that, but it really shouldn't

We are defined by our biology first, and while that is somewhat tempered into degrees by society, believing that male and female nature don't exist at all is like claiming sexual reproduction doesn't exist and hasn't evolved for millions of years in all complex life forms
    Nor are the male and female "traits" equally distributed. At any rate, we're not slaves of our biology in a greater way than that the majority of us can live in a society which suppresses the uglier side of our animal nature.
    Mother pus bucket!

Evidence, as in "I instantly doubt her story because of my agenda".
    Evidence as in everything I listed? Text messages, video diaries, character witnesses of something like three or four girlfriends he had before his relationship with Chloe as well as his wife and mother-in-law, the panicked editing of the original wording of the post? Do you think a mother would defend a man she though was sexually abusing her daughter? Are we to believe that Chloe is the only person he ever abused? If he's an abuser why would previous girlfriends cover for him?

Maybe you need to take a step back and consider why you're assuming the Chloe Post is true. Is it because she has a vagina? Is it because it fits your misandrist agenda?